• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Martinez
AMN - Luiz - Saliba - Tierney
Elneny - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Aubameyang
Lacazette

I’m guessing this is a realistic XI for Liverpool seen as we just don’t know what’s happening with Torreira, Bellerin and Ceballos.

I think only one of Bellerin and AMN will go, and if Hector does go I reckon we’ll see Chambers stay as he can cover RB.

Midfield looks a massive problem in that line up, needs additions badly.

FdH5.gif

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Kill me now man.

Play Willock or AMN in midfield. How the f*ck is Elneny back in there after being loaned out to a pub league?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm getting a little concerned with the lack of midfield signings. It's fine people saying the windows open till the 5th of October but we have a really tough run of consecutive fixtures from the 29th September onwards, against Liverpool, Sheffield United, Man City, Leicester and Man Utd.

We can't be going into that run of fixtures reliant on the likes of Torreira, Willock or Elneny to fill in because our new signing aren't match fit or integrated fully into the first team squad.

We can't afford to be starting off this season on a poor run of form and playing catch up for the top 4. We need to keep up the momentum Arteta and the side built up towards the tail end of last season and the FA Cup victory.

One, preferably two midfield signings in the next two weeks is what we need If we're not going to go into the season short and playing catch up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not really linked to a midfielder are we? The Partey thing is a self feeding animal. Like Benzema, has taken a life of it is own and twitter world/journalists are feeding that rumour for their own clicks.

Normally I’ll complain, but we’re broke no? It is what it is.

I mean we’re broke but then some of you want to give away players for free.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Kill me now man.

Play Willock or AMN in midfield. How the f*ck is Elneny back in there after being loaned out to a pub league?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah Willock is a shout I just feel that since Elneny got a start yesterday, Arteta must be considering playing him from the start.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not really linked to a midfielder are we? The Partey thing is a self feeding animal. Like Benzema, has taken a life of it is own and twitter world/journalists are feeding that rumour for their own clicks.

Agreed, I’ve been sent multiple death and kidnap threats because I said our summer business was over but it probably is.

Can’t even get Ceballos back on loan because teams are desperate for money.

Reactions: A_G

Trofton

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Let’s pretend we’re broke and our owners haven’t just paid for their stadium in the USA with Cash. Let’s keep pretending we pay the most out of any supporters in Europe for a season ticket but we’re still broke :frustrated:

GunnerShy

Agreed, I’ve been sent multiple death and kidnap threats because I said our summer business was over but it probably is.

Can’t even get Ceballos back on loan because teams are desperate for money.
Everything I've read since Arteta took over was that our most urgent area to reinforce was midfield.

Links to Partey predate Emery's sacking.

In any case, we wouldn't have signed a €30m centre back if it meant not strengthening our priority. Especially when we have players (Sokratis, Mustafi) for that position that we probably won't shift this season and Saliba coming in.

People suggesting otherwise are being obtuse or maleficent.

There's obviously plenty of merit in the argument that we are too slow to buy and that it's impacting the start of the season. But that happens every season. And this one is particularly difficult because clubs are skint and relying on sales. But you can't sell if other clubs aren't buying.

Whilst we will buy, I can totally understand if our targets depend heavily on who we do/can sell.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just want to say I woke up this morning in a great mood and went to check AM, had about 10 notifications.

Went on to find out people had been mentioning me in threads calling me a liar and a midget many times. My day was ruined, I’ve never lied in my lifetime and I’m sick of being attacked for months on this forum.

You either die a hero or live long enough to get the @GDeep™ treatment.

You flew too close to the sun, Icarus.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't usually agree with you but this is correct, Lampard is pretty poor tactically when it comes to the defence as well. People like @razörist just seeing big names and potentially big talents like Havertz not joining us and instantly doom and gloom sets in.
Did I hurt your feelings hun?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hate how slow our business is. Especially since it's often quite **** as well.

Hate to be pessimistic, but I hope we get something done soon. A new signing needs time to integrate and we nééd to hit the ground running given our tough start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom