• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those Arteta comments are encouraging to me. Gabriel and Auba have signed, we're going to do more too

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Spot on as usual. I get the pre season optimism every football fan gets a bought of it, but we are miles behind the rest of the top 6.
So we're miles behind Sp**s? :lol:

I think you're just being negative for the sake of being negative

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Would Dennis Zakaria come cheaper than Partey? I like him more than Partey actually. He is pretty fast and cultured for his size too to play box to box in 3 man midfield.

If we managed to get Zakaria and Aouar, we'd have a very very strong midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aouar and Partey and it's an 8/10 window.100m can get it done. But I doubt Arsenal has that kind of cash lying around even with with cash raised from sales.

I think that's a 10/10 window with all things considered.

Willian - 2/10 window
Gabriel and Willian - 4/10
Two above and Partey - 7/10
Add Aouar and thats easily a 10/10

Purely because of the quality of the players and what we needed id go with 10.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So we're miles behind Sp**s? :lol:

I think you're just being negative for the sake of being negative

No, just realistic. We haven't finished above them in 4 years. They still finished ahead of us last season with their two best forwards missing large periods. They've signed PL proven players in positions where they needed reinforcement. They're in a better position than we are currently.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No, just realistic. We haven't finished above them in 4 years. They still finished ahead of us last season with their two best forwards missing large periods. They've signed PL proven players in positions where they needed reinforcement. They're in a better position than we are currently.

They have also lost one of their best CB's. I'll never be worried about Sp**s. Just a case of us getting back on track which we look like we are now under Mikel.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think that's a 10/10 window with all things considered.

Willian - 2/10 window
Gabriel and Willian - 4/10
Two above and Partey - 7/10
Add Aouar and thats easily a 10/10

Purely because of the quality of the players and what we needed id go with 10.
Agree on that. Aouar and Partey pretty along with what we've done so far practically covers all our needs and more.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Their midfield is poverty. Hojberg improves them slightly. Their full backs are championship level. But their attack is quite decent. Bergwijn-Kane-Son as front three is great and Moura can be back up.

Winks, Dier and Sissoko won't even start for some championship clubs ffs

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They have also lost one of their best CB's. I'll never be worried about Sp**s. Just a case of us getting back on track which we look like we are now under Mikel.

Vertonghen barley got a game under Mourino.

Not worried yet we haven't finished above them for 4 years now?

If, and its a big if, they keep Son and especially Kane fit, they're a very strong outfit. World class forwards, loads of options in midfield, and a decent back 4. Jose Mourinho teams always kick on in the second year as well.

We need to get real, our midfield as it stands is shocking, we desperately need top quality there (Aouar/Partey) to compete.

We are also requiring two U23 center backs that have never played in the PL to come good, KT staying fit all season, and Pepe basically doubling his output.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean yeah the logistics of getting both Aouar and Partey are very difficult. Plus Aouar in particular is hot on the market. Like Wenger used to say its one big old game of poker.

The question is what do you do first when cash starts coming in from sales? I'd probably go with Aouar first as Partey is seemingly expecting us to activate the release clause, doesnt matter too much when that is. For both you'll pay £100M.

AMN - £20M
Torreira - £20M
Emi Martinez - £20M
Chambers - £12M
Holding and Sokratis - £10M
Guendouzi - £20M

I mean it will be hard but its doable in 5 weeks. Have faith.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their midfield is poverty. Hojberg improves them slightly. Their full backs are championship level. But their attack is quite decent. Bergwijn-Kane-Son as front three is great and Moura can be back up.

Winks, Dier and Sissoko won't even start for some championship clubs ffs

Disagree. Hojberg and Doherty are tried and tested in the PL, and both fit Mourinhos idea of football. Dier is basically a center back now. Winks and Sissoko are good players, and would both start for us (both are miles better than Torreira for example).

If they get Ndombele playing to his potential, then their midfield is levels above ours. They have basically every profile.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Disagree. Hojberg and Doherty are tried and tested in the PL, and both fit Mourinhos idea of football. Dier is basically a center back now. Winks and Sissoko are good players, and would both start for us (both are miles better than Torreira for example).

If they get Ndombele playing to his potential, then their midfield is levels above ours. They have basically every profile.

They're looking to sell Ndombelly. Winks is absolute trash :lol:

Doherty is a good player but only in a back 3 at wing back. In a four nobody knows. Hojbjerg is a fairly average midfielder.

I mean it could work well, but for me Sp**s aren't a threat.

Underhill

Winks wouldnt start for us even with this level of midfield. Sissoko is ok. Höjbjerg is very good.

95cca38f59dfa4e8c9b0a7cf2d9ba4f7.png

Food for thought

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They're looking to sell Ndombelly. Winks is absolute trash :lol:

Doherty is a good player but only in a back 3 at wing back. In a four nobody knows. Hojbjerg is a fairly average midfielder.

I mean it could work well, but for me Sp**s aren't a threat.

A team that have finished above us for 4 years now aren't a threat? What does that make us then? :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A team that have finished above us for 4 years now aren't a threat? What does that make us then? :lol:

Depends what its a threat towards? Our goal is the title. Sp**s will never be a threat to that goal. We were in a big transition my man. This is finally the turning point to come out of it.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Winks? :rofl:

Sissoko is trash. Can't pass more than five yards All he does is run around. Ndombele is **** basically.

Don't even get me started on Dier ffs. None of them can pass the ball. At the very least Xhaka is capable of picking a pass.

That midfield is just so trash. Offers zero creativity and guile, Yet they're buying Hojberg, another technically deficient player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom