• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Slowly waiting for the Panic buy on deadline day being Kia's client.
I’d rather we just kept our powder dry instead of resorting to something like that. Our track record in that regard isn’t good though.

Either pay for our targets or walk away - it’s not as if our squad isn’t bloated as it is.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I’d rather we just kept our powder dry instead of resorting to something like that. Our track record in that regard isn’t good though.

Either pay for our targets or walk away - it’s not as if our squad isn’t bloated as it is.

Trust me I understand you, but this is the board we're talking about, they don't know what fekn day it is.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think alot of deadwood at all clubs not just us, need a wake up call. I.E take paycuts or rot!!
We living in uncertain times. Why would you take pay cut? Take sokratis for example. At his age why would you agree to pay cut and playing for smaller club and even more stress?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I remember the time when we would say a couple signings and we'll be challenging for the league, now it's a couple of signings and we'll be challenging for top 4.

How far have we fallen, especially since the kronkes have had full control.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Would be great if we didn't have over £400k p/w wages being drained into 8 CB. Doesn't take a genius to know we're so bloated, but this is the board we're talking about.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We living in uncertain times. Why would you take pay cut? Take sokratis for example. At his age why would you agree to pay cut and playing for smaller club and even more stress?
Covid will change football! Ok so sokratis next summer leaves on a free, i bet his next contract is less than what hes on now. So what is the difference?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
How can you say you can tell the quality of a player by what the papers make up? Ridiculous.

Foden looks good because he plays next to some of the best players in the world. You could put El Nen in a Rodri shirt and he wouldn’t look any different.

It's simple, great players get linked with big clubs, average to middling players generally don't unless it's acknowledged that said average player will only be a backup.

You never saw in the papers, Giroud linked with a move to Real Madrid to replace Benzema, or Barcelona want Elneny to be their new Xhaka.

There's a reason why City sold off their dregs (Nolito, Bony, Demichelis) regardless of the embarrassment of riches they have, those players stuck out like a sore thumb much like Elneny would.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Covid will change football! Ok so sokratis next summer leaves on a free, i bet his next contract is less than what hes on now. So what is the difference?
He gets great wages one more year rather than less wage now

Iceman10

Established Member
Will see how things shake out on deadline day, but if we end up without Aouar or Partey, this could be seen as a critical moment where Arteta had a lot of goodwill with fans but didn’t use it as leverage to place some pressure where it belongs, with Vinai and the Kroenkes. Neither Aouar or Partey are exactly unreasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom