• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We seem to never get the right profile when it comes to CB :lol:

Until Saliba we had so many weak and not particularly fast CBS. Holding, Chambers, Mustafi, Luiz. It seems like we never go for players who are both fast and strong. .
Tbf, Gabriel Paulista seemed like the right profile at the time

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If everything was normal from tomorrow the silly season will start and the rumors from John cross will be endless.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I watched Mari with Flamengo, he is all of it you're talking about, slow, lack of agility etc, but he is also a very good passer of the ball, specially long balls and doesn't make much mistakes like Mustafi or Luiz. Good in the air (of course, 6'4).
If Saliba is faster and able to cover him, it would be an OK pair of defenders.
Well, btw Arsenal has defenders to choose from and seeing the current squad, the depth and gaps are much more obvious in the midfield.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This Guirassy guy scores 9 in 23 and is regarded as promising despite being 24. Like the numbers aren't impressive to say the least.

Adebayor also scored the same in more games played before signing for us and was only a couple years younger at the time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This Guirassy guy scores 9 in 23 and is regarded as promising despite being 24. Like the numbers aren't impressive to say the least.

Got a great name though and possibly some cool dance moves. Signing a young forward would be a really odd move.

I

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is Sami mokbel going to link us with new player every day? even tho he bit reliable

Last edited:

tcahill

We seem to never get the right profile when it comes to CB :lol:

Until Saliba we had so many weak and not particularly fast CBS. Holding, Chambers, Mustafi, Luiz. It seems like we never go for players who are both fast and strong.

When you sign someone who isn’t very mobile and not particularly good in the air or dominant then they better be elite positionally and tactically. Especially the way we defend.

Chambers, Mustafi and Luiz are fine in the air. Sokratis is strong and extremely quick. Our defensive problems are more tactical than physical.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Chambers, Mustafi and Luiz are fine in the air. Sokratis is strong and extremely quick. Our defensive problems are more tactical than physical.

This is true, but there has to be a time when you eliminate the potential risks and just buy proven quality. You could argue in the last 15 years Sol Campbell, William Gallas and Per Mertesacker are the only times we've done that. Even then, we only laid money for Per and it wasn't big money.

Goonger

Is Sami mokbel going to link us with new player every day? even tho he bit reliable

What I don't understand is that several journalists have repeated the same line now, which I fully understand.

However, these same journos are then linking us with signings ranging from zero to £70M.

Tom349

I don't know whether this guy is good enough but he certainly the right profile of no.9 we should be targeting. Pace, power, beast in the air. Would gives us someone to aim for in the box, for outlet kicks and in general be a real handful to opposition defenders thus hopefully allowing our wingman to become more dangerous with the added space they would be afforded.

Somewhat interesting he has scored again while he was Koln a couple of seasons ago in the Europa league. Won a penalty of the day and the converted it. Also noteworthy that he has won 4 penalties this season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Being linked to another ball playing LCB in Nico Elvedi. We are being linked to him with Bayern today and last year City and Dortmund were linked to him. Has 1 year left on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom