• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,319
  • Views 216,570

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Kimmich is Very good player experienced can play as fullback and midfield and a leader would love a player like him in our team. depends on how much Bayern want the only issue here is he 29 years old and that might stop us to get him because big wages he earn close to 250K a week

We can consider it a 1:1 replacement of Partey's wages. Partey is the same age more or less, so in terms of our squad it would just be replacing yellow box with Kimmich.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can consider it a 1:1 replacement of Partey's wages. Partey is the same age more or less, so in terms of our squad it would just be replacing yellow box with Kimmich.
That could be the solution too as I said earlier likely depend how the market. Selling Thomas is the difficult part because of his wages

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Here is a comparison of Gyokeres' Sporting season in the first column. Then Gyökeres' 2 seasons at Coventry combined, and then also the last & best seasons of Toney and Solanke in Championship. Solanke is now 4th in EPL goal scorer table, and Toney is a similar level player.

So having a great Championship record at their relative ages, means one will likely develop into a EPL top 10 club level striker. Solanke will likely get a move to a bigger club when his contract becomes shorter.

It's a bigger sample size for Gyökeres, which is good for him. Also one has to take into account that Coventry had worse attack than either Brentford or Bournemouth, scoring only ~60 goals in both seasons. So Gyökeres has played with worse team mates. They finished 12th in the first season, and 5th in the 2nd.

Gyökeres seems like a much better choice than Toney with his problems & 2 years older age, or Solanke with his high price & higher wage, while also being a year older.

They were similar level finishers in Championship. Gyökeres seems to have gone up a level with his finishing, and this kind of finishing level isn't likely all about a purple patch or easier league, if Portuguese league is that compared to Championship? Eye test would say he is a very confident finisher now.

He attempted much more dribbles, while succeeding at them with similar percentage. He has also improved his aerials, and had better shot-creating actions.

Press "toggle per 90" for all stats.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else think Ivan Toney is a bit.. slow? As in, intellectually.

I see some of the stuff he says, it’s so strange. He’s a fabulous footballer but I look at his pattern of behaviour and can’t help but think he’s not the full ticket.

Saying “f*ck Brentford” on holiday, saying he plays for “no one important” when asked what he does for a living. Basically manifesting a move to Madrid :lol:

Odd lad.
Think he’s more weird than dumb.

I watched the “no one important” clip and he was trying to be funny, same with his top 5 PL strikers list. 🤣

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm watching some Gyökeres comps now and what impresses me is his ability to bring others into the play and his assist numbers bear that out. He looks to me like a classic #9 with the ability to bring other forwards into the game. If we were going to sign a #9, this guy fits the profile best suited for our style imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unsure Malen will add much even tho he more better cover than Nelson but for 40M we can find better

drippin

Unsure Malen will add much even tho he more better cover than Nelson but for 40M we can find better
Like who? Williams is the only similar option I know.

Only bigger problem I now saw with Malen is that while he can play across the attack, he has clearly the best end-product from the RW position.

Although with his goal-scoring ability and being right-footed, I would think he can do a similar job as Martinelli on the left.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Here is a comparison of Gyokeres' Sporting season in the first column. Then Gyökeres' 2 seasons at Coventry combined, and then also the last & best seasons of Toney and Solanke in Championship. Solanke is now 4th in EPL goal scorer table, and Toney is a similar level player.

So having a great Championship record at their relative ages, means one will likely develop into a EPL top 10 club level striker. Solanke will likely get a move to a bigger club when his contract becomes shorter.

It's a bigger sample size for Gyökeres, which is good for him. Also one has to take into account that Coventry had worse attack than either Brentford or Bournemouth, scoring only ~60 goals in both seasons. So Gyökeres has played with worse team mates. They finished 12th in the first season, and 5th in the 2nd.

Gyökeres seems like a much better choice than Toney with his problems & 2 years older age, or Solanke with his high price & higher wage, while also being a year older.

They were similar level finishers in Championship. Gyökeres seems to have gone up a level with his finishing, and this kind of finishing level isn't likely all about a purple patch or easier league, if Portuguese league is that compared to Championship? Eye test would say he is a very confident finisher now.

He attempted much more dribbles, while succeeding at them with similar percentage. He has also improved his aerials, and had better shot-creating actions.

Press "toggle per 90" for all stats.
You say they were similar level in championship. But those two scored 29 and 33 goals in a season. Victor got 21 last season in the championship. Akpom got 28 last season in championship and now Ajax want to sell him

Also outside of sporting, Benfica, porto, braga and Vitoria. Rest of the league are way way off. They are barely championship. The clubs I mentioned and only boavista has a stadium above 10k. These clubs are poverty and the level of players they can get is very low. This guy is not on the same level of other strikers we been linked with

drippin

You say they were similar level in championship. But those two scored 29 and 33 goals in a season. Victor got 21 last season in the championship.
Toney had 9 penalty goals, Solanke 4 and Gyökeres 3. Solanke had 3 less assists than Gyökeres. Arsenal needs a false 9, so assists are very important, and they are otherwise too.

And you missed that I explained that Coventry was clearly a worse team, especially in attack, compared to the other two teams.
This guy is not on the same level of other strikers we been linked with
We'll see. He is my first choice, because I don't like the Osimhen's wage expectation, or his injury record. Gyökeres has proven durability.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Toney had 9 penalty goals, Solanke 4 and Gyökeres 3. Solanke had 3 less assists than Gyökeres. Arsenal needs a false 9, so assists are very important, and they are otherwise too.

And you missed that I explained that Coventry was clearly a worse team, especially in attack, compared to the other two teams.

We'll see. He is my first option, because I don't like the Osimhen's wage expectation, or his injury record. Gyökeres has proven durability.
Why does Arsenal need false 9 and not real 9? In no other place in life does one prefer to buy something that’s false than real. Arsenal need a top class 9 who can consistently score goals.

Also I wondered why you didn’t mention Toney assist, but his goals. He had 10 assists. So that’s 24 non penalty goals and 10 assists compared to viktors 18 non penalty goals and 3 assists. And Toney is actually the one who is more comfortable deeper of the two. Victor is not false 9

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lol am I wrong though. Surely you want your striker to be ruthless goal getter. I mean would we really be worse team with a shearer or drogba?

When it comes to Arsenal I watched us with Jesus and Auba and there is no way I would take Jesus leading my line ahead of Auba. Imagine the Auba that was getting 20+ goals in the league with this team

drippin

Why does Arsenal need false 9 and not real 9? In no other place in life does one prefer to buy something that’s false than real. Arsenal need a top class 9 who can consistently score goals.
Gyökeres had a similar non-penalty goal rate vs. non-penalty xG as the other players in the FBref comparison. He can consistently score goals.

Arsenal last season made a goal-scoring record of this club, and this season leads the goals scored table in EPL. All with a false 9, who is a worse finisher than Gyökeres. That's why. And him being an aerial threat will be even more dangerous.
Also I wondered why you didn’t mention Toney assist, but his goals. He had 10 assists. So that’s 24 non penalty goals and 10 assists compared to viktors 18 non penalty goals and 3 assists. And Toney is actually the one who is more comfortable deeper of the two. Victor is not false 9
I didn't mention Toney's assists, because they are equal to Gyökeres' assists. Solanke had 3 less.

Victor is perfectly capable of playing false 9, he is very complete.

drippin

People doubt the Portuguese league, and Championship, which is understandable.

But against Atalanta in UEL, Gyökeres had 1+2 in 3,5 games.

Against Benfica in the league and cup, he has 2+0 in 2 games.

Against Porto he has 1+1 in one game. We all know how many goals Arsenal scored against Porto.

Will be interesting to see how those last 3 games against these club go. These clubs are no joke.

Porto has conceded 18 goals in the league, while Benfica 21 goals in 26 games. Atalanta 32 goals in 28 games.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People doubt the Portuguese league, and Championship, which is understandable.

But against Atalanta in UEL, Gyökeres had 1+2 in 3,5 games.

Against Benfica in the league and cup, he has 2+0 in 2 games.

Against Porto he has 1+1 in one game. We all know how many goals Arsenal scored against Porto.

Will be interesting to see how those last 3 games against these club go. These clubs are no joke.
the only goal he scored against Atalanta was a Pen. And 4 games sporting didn’t manage to beat Atalanta once. I actually watched the whole of first leg when sporting was at home to Atalanta and they were outplayed. Very lucky to get a draw

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom