• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,566
  • Views 180,432

Diesel

Rodrygo would be another Özil type signing for us, absolute baller.

It’s not really about names anyway. Remember when we signed Ben White? Plenty were up in arms and if the club said just before we signed him that he’d be our starting right back in title challenges 99% of you would laugh.

We always have a proactive plan, this summer won’t be the same, we’ll sign a striker, midfielder and probably a winger. After that I’m not sure.
Kimmich cost could be used elsewhere. Just think we should be targeting younger players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Nope

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sesko is still very raw and is currently quite similar to havertz. He’s not ready for a move yet
The main need is to upgrade Nketiah to a target man false 9. Arsenal can get minimum 25 million pounds for Nketiah. Sesko would cost only 20 million more. Sesko is 4 years younger, so it would be good business. Another target man is crucial to the attack, if Havertz is injured or on the bench.

But my main choice would be Gyokeres if the funds allow it after getting a top DMF/CMF. That is the most important buy. Gyokeres is the in-between choice of Sesko and Osimhen in regards to total overall spend. He has already three great seasons at pretty good leagues, and is adjusted to England already.

Havertz and Gyokeres would be quite equal in level, so there would be good competition and rotation. Havertz is a year younger, so they both could develop together with the young team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sesko is still very raw and is currently quite similar to havertz. He’s not ready for a move yet
Sesko is not similar to havertz. He is much more of a natural striker. You wouldn’t be able to play him as lcm like havertz. And he has much more natural instincts and movement as striker

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else think Ivan Toney is a bit.. slow? As in, intellectually.

I see some of the stuff he says, it’s so strange. He’s a fabulous footballer but I look at his pattern of behaviour and can’t help but think he’s not the full ticket.

Saying “f*ck Brentford” on holiday, saying he plays for “no one important” when asked what he does for a living. Basically manifesting a move to Madrid :lol:

Odd lad.
I think he genuinely doesn't care. Probably thinks to himself I already got farther than I ever thought so f*ck it.

Would like him as #2 but not for the fees touted. Also I'd constantly be worried about Kano showing up all of a sudden and pushing back his hair line.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Might sound wild to some but he’s not needed here nor do I rate him as highly as others do plus his attitude stinks. He thinks he’s better than he is.

His best position for me is at RB and I’ve noticed that Tuchel has been doing the same by playing Pavlovic ahead of him in midfield. With White, Timber and Tomiyasu all there as options then I don’t really see it as a priority. A left side option is probably needed more.
Him and Tuchel are feuding because Kimmich doesn't like his approach so Tuchel playing Pavlović ahead of him says nothing. Tuchel is going to be sacked at the end of the season anyway.

Kimmich at his best had an argument for best midfielder in Europe. He was basically a better version of Jorginho, easily the best deep-lying playmaker in the world at the time.

I'm skeptical that you've really watched him play that much beyond the odd CL game if that's your opinion of him, the guy was looking like a maestro out there not too long ago.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Him and Tuchel are feuding because Kimmich doesn't like his approach so Tuchel playing Pavlović ahead of him says nothing. Tuchel is going to be sacked at the end of the season anyway.

Kimmich at his best had an argument for best midfielder in Europe. He was basically a better version of Jorginho, easily the best deep-lying playmaker in the world at the time.

I'm skeptical that you've really watched him play that much beyond the odd CL game if that's your opinion of him, the guy was looking like a maestro out there not too long ago.
He has always been overrated. And Tuchel is not the only manager who question his discipline. I would definitely stay away from him

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He has always been overrated. And Tuchel is not the only manager who question his discipline. I would definitely stay away from him
Who else has questioned it? Any source?

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions if most of the discipline issues are from this season. If a player doesn't want to renew, these kind of rumours easily surface.

Not that I think Arsenal will buy him. Likely too expensive with all the other needs, and risky with his age and long career.

He would be an upgraded Zinchenko on the RB side who can play also midfield, but there is already Zinchenko, and RB isn't a big need.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who else has questioned it? Any source?

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions if most of the discipline issues are from this season. If a player doesn't want to renew, these kind of rumours easily surface.

Not that I think Arsenal will buy him. Likely too expensive with all the other needs, and risky with his age and long career.

He would be an upgraded Zinchenko on the RB side who can play also midfield, but there is already Zinchenko, and RB isn't a big need.
Nah he been questioned a lot in German media. The national team has been average for long time and he is one of many players being questioned. He can’t defend well in midfield and is one of the reasons Bayern are easier to play through than they used to be. At 29 I doubt he will leave Germany anyway. Should have left years ago when he was 25

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom