• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Artifical pitch at Ashburton Grove?

A

Anonymous

Cast your minds back, 18 years, QPR, loftus road, the ultimate in artificial pitches. It was like a subuteo pitch. "oversized ping pong" as i remember the classic quote.
Plastic pitches are stupid and unnatural.

koivu

I was originally not a fan of synthetic pitches but a year ago my team's home field was a brand new stadium with artificial grass. It does take some adjusting but it was fine. You can really knock the ball around well on those kind of pitches. There is a bit of a weird bounce and it doesn't feel as nice when you slide someone, but at least you can stay on your feet for the match. The pitches here are horrible!

As for the size of Ashburton Grove, the pitch will indeed be bigger than Highbury's. I belive they are hoping to attract a couple of big games such as a CL final or internationals so they are sort of conforming to the norm. I personally love the small pitch.

A

Anonymous

What is the point in it? it is part of football, people are just changing stuff too much these days. Players have put up with it for centurys. Highbury has the best pitch in the world, we dont need a fake pitch. It is an advantage to us during winter that evert 2nd game we are playing on a perfect surface, while other teams home pitches are so hard to play on.

KingReyes

Established Member
Keep football as original as possible, its been played on grass forever why change now? Its part of the game, leave it as it is.

AFCG7

Established Member
We have the best grouds stff in the country.. we'll keep them and let them sort the pitch out at the Grove.. a big NO to artificial pitches.

Feis-al

Sonic Youth said:
i'm more worried about the size of our new pitch. it should be as small as the one at highbury because we're used to play on a small pitch and it gives us an advantage over our oppenents.

Did you know why teams find it easy getting draws here and try to frustrate us, This pitch works in there favour than us because Henry can't keep doing his sprinting.

gooner#1

I doubt it would happen -the english like to keep to the tradition -but I am not to sure about the french :wink:

Dr. Alban

Dein calls for artificial pitch study

If Dein gets his way, artificial pitches won't be happening for many years. He obviously wants to study the effects for the long term before allowing any kind of artificial turfs in the English league football..

Keep on the good work, mr. Dein.

baccy_man

Established Member
why do these pompous twits from eufa and fifa keep coming up with these stupid ideas is it just to try and justify there bloated salaries.
they can keep there plastic pitches and leave the game to be played the way it has always been played on grass.

Spike

Established Member
Grass is tradition, football is played on grass and always should be.

You only need an artificial pitch if you can't pay for the grass to be maintained, and as we have an excellent groundsmen and funds available, there's no reason why we should change.

As we already know, we have one of the best surfaces in the Premiership, we should keep it that way.

Gooner83

Sonic Youth said:
i'm more worried about the size of our new pitch. it should be as small as the one at highbury because we're used to play on a small pitch and it gives us an advantage over our oppenents.

Dont agree, Players like Thierry are crying out for a wide pitch to run the flanks on.

Sonic Youth

we won't have thierry henry forever and the small pitch does work in our advantage because we play on it at least once in two weeks and are used to it.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Sonic Youth said:
we won't have thierry henry forever and the small pitch does work in our advantage because we play on it at least once in two weeks and are used to it.

But surely we''ll get used to any pitch we play on regularly?

I do think the pitch is too narrow for us now, it makes it far easier for teams to pack their defences against us- there is no width as such to worry about.

Taozhe

I think one of the reasons we underperform at home is because of the smaller pitch. Teams come and defend like hell in our ground and there's less space for our players to exploit. I can't wait for Ashburton.

Senght

Taozhe said:
I think one of the reasons we underperform at home is because of the smaller pitch. Teams come and defend like hell in our ground and there's less space for our players to exploit. I can't wait for Ashburton.

Agreed. Contrary to popular belief, our pitch do work against us. Its easier for us to defend too though.

primerib8

i've played on the top of the line artificial pitch. it does burn when its dry but very slick when its wet. if they water the pitch before the game, it would be a very fast game. also when its wet, ur feet get water logged since the "dirt" holds a lot of water. nice to play on if your used to playing on dirt fields, but not for the premier league.

slapz

But the bounce of the ball is different on plastic pitches so they'd take longer to have to control the ball

Keep grass, we dont want see players wearing tracksuit bottoms

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom