• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Artur Boruc

AFCFan4Ever

I rate Boruc so I want him or Akinfeev to replace Jens.

Both are quality GKs IMO and I wouldn't be upset with either.

Boruc is a tremendous shot stopper.

Asterix

Established Member
We were apparently interested in him when Celtic had him on loan, before they tied up the permanent deal for him.

I haven't seen him play much at all, so what I'm about to say can be taken with a pinch of salt, but going on Wenger's previous comments about keepers and what he looks for I'd say this guy would be at or near the top of our list. He's tall, commanding and has CL and international experience.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
every time i've seen him play (world cup and CL), he has been brilliant. seems like a more likely replacement for jens than Buffon. Akinfeev would be nice, though.

asajoseph

Established Member
The Times linked us to Jussi again yesterday, though it looked like VERY lazy journalism.

I hope to God we're not even thinking about that - he's the the most overrated keeper in the league by quite some stretch.

BeijingGunner

Jaaskalainen is a good shot stopper, but his ability to come for crosses and command his area is pretty average. I would rather have Almunia in goal than Jussi. Jaaskalainen's poor decision making has the potential to destroy the confidence of young defences who need a reassuring presence behind them, à la Jens.

Akinfeev would be my number 1 choice, followed by Given. After that, Péle, Gordon and Buffon.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Staff at Durham Tees Valley Airport had to call on-site Special Branch police after a persistent fan pestered Arsenal striker Thierry Henry for an autograph while he was on the phone. (Mail on Sunday)

More off-topic, but own up... who was it :lol: .

GlasGreenGunner

Boruc is a superb keeper.
It says a lot that he is the best keeper we have probably ever had (don't know whether that is good or bad).
Used to be Celtic had brilliant strikers and Rangers had better keepers.
Not any more.
Problem for Arsenal is that Celtic will likely look for at least £5 million, which for a keeper of his quality is a bargain.
IMO a far better keeper than Lehmann (and I don't say that lightly either).
A great keeper and mad as a brush, just like Jens (but not as theatrical as Jens)
Great shot stopper, and very quick off his line.
If I have a criticism of him is that he can flap at some cross balls. But that may be down to having a poor defence in front of him at times.

I have heard Celtic are lining up the 'next Artur Boruc' as well to take his place. From the same club that gave us Boruc too.
I hope Celtic don't get Gordon as his game has really gone big time.

If Artur has to leave to go to any club, I would hope it was Arsenal.
But for selfish reasons, I hope he stays at Celtic.
Sadly the media up here are desperate for Boruc to leave.

famous no 10

Established Member
Very good keeper but you can just see the tabloid headlines whenever he has a bad game:

"artur dropped a Boruc!"

" what a load of Boruc's!"

etc, etc....

Mostarac

Established Member
GlasGreenGunner said:
I have heard Celtic are lining up the 'next Artur Boruc' as well to take his place. From the same club that gave us Boruc too.

Is that Fabianski of Legia?

j'nuh

He had a blinder last night.

On Man United - Is VDS retiring/leaving next season? Could have some competition for pretty much every GK we want to buy if so.

GlasGreenGunner

Mostarac said:
GlasGreenGunner said:

Is that Fabianski of Legia?

Yeh that's the chap.
Couldn't remember his name.
I also don't know much about him, but he is highly rated apparently.

Didn't think Boruc had all that much to do against Milan the other night, apart from the save from Gilardino.
Mostly everything else was hit from distance and pretty easy for him.
Still gives me more confidence than Hedman or Marshall ever did anyway.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
umm...your all "newbs."..Artur is totally awesome according to Football Manager 2007!!!!

lmao. but seriously.

I reckon Boruc would be a fantastic signing, would support Arsène's "youth" policy too.

Interesting...

longrufus

Established Member
Played well last night, made some very good saves, slightly unlucky for their goal.
Would be a good choice to replace Jens at the end of the season.

Clarkey

With AC Milan showing an interest apparantly with Dida going, would we be able to prise away Boruc without it resulting in a bidding war? It's why I think Wenger will go for someone like Jussi instead, because the price will rise higher than he feels Boruc is worth, rightly or wrongly.

Just a shame Boruc decided to join Celtic at the end of the loan rather than come here and challenge Lehmann (he went for first team footy as others have mentioned). But thats all ifs and buts. I'd be disappointed if we didn't make a serious stab for this guy if the price is right. Though if it was me, I'd pay whatever price quoted but then thats why I am a fan, and why I'm not Arsène Wenger.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom