• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Artur Boruc

Canuck

Established Member
Can't see Wenger signing yet another keeper to compete for the first team.

I think that this Fabianski fellow sounds a very promising prospect....

Almunia should be feeling like he needs to play a flawless match every time he runs out, otherwise he'll be flogged off next summer.
We all pretty much know that this season will be Jens' swan song.

GlasGreenGunner

Today should be Jen's swansong mate.
Once every so often you can accept, but twice in 3 games is a no no in my opinion.
Get him dropped, and play Almunia or Fabianski.
Leave Boruc at the hoops for a wee while yet ;)

run

GlasGreenGunner said:
Today should be Jen's swansong mate.
Once every so often you can accept, but twice in 3 games is a no no in my opinion.
Get him dropped, and play Almunia or Fabianski.
Leave Boruc at the hoops for a wee while yet ;)

A truly ruthless boss would sell lehman and buy boruc before the deadline...I would be comfortable with boruc in the nets. I just haven't seen enough of fab to be sure of him. One thing I am sure of; something is clearly wrong with Jens.

stuart

Established Member
Seems like another great performance from Boruc last night. Started fighting with Lee Naylor though :lol: Not sure we need another keeper like that...anyway, now Celtic have qualified i dont think we'll be signing him. If we ever were going to!

GlasGreenGunner

Naylor deserved it Stuart.
He has been poor most of this year really.
First half of last season he was good.
And it seemed to help as he played better second half last night before going off with cramp.
Boruc was top notch, and not just during the penalties.
All hail the Holy Goalie.
Also cup tied for Champions League now, so doubt he will be moving anytime soon. Thankfully.

belgianfan

GlasGreenGunner said:
And it seemed to help as he played better second half last night before going off with cramp.
Also cup tied for Champions League now, so doubt he will be moving anytime soon. Thankfully.

lolz, talk about being biased.

Naylor didn't deserve this because he was poor and boruc is class , naylor gets the fault.

I saw the incident and naylor should have done better but boruc came out dramatically and shoved him first so naylor pushed his arm away and then boruc grabbed his head.

It could be that boruc is class but that wass just stupid and uncalled for, what a turd. Don't want such a guy at the club,

GlasGreenGunner

belgianfan said:
GlasGreenGunner said:

lolz, talk about being biased.

Naylor didn't deserve this because he was poor and boruc is class , naylor gets the fault.

I saw the incident and naylor should have done better but boruc came out dramatically and shoved him first so naylor pushed his arm away and then boruc grabbed his head.

It could be that boruc is class but that wass just stupid and uncalled for, what a turd. Don't want such a guy at the club,

Sorry mate, but Naylor DID deserve that.
The guy, if he continued to play the way he was, was about to cost us that game last night.
Nothing biased in it at all.
Why would I be biased towards one Celtic player more than any other ?
Last week Boruc had a go at young Wilson (the right back) in the game against Hearts (and rightly so).
Wilson merely put his hands up and apologised for his error, and all went well.
Boruc and Naylor had it out in the tunnel at half time, and Naylor went on to play better in the second half.
It's an emotional game, what's the problem ?
I'd rather my team showed that they cared than just wimped out and walked away head down.
If you class folk as being a turd for being emotional and passionate, then maybe we are all turds eh ?
Wonder what you actually think of Lehman though ?

Boruc is class (and at the same time, like every other keeper makes the odd mistakes), and if he never leaves Celtic I will be happy.
So forgive me for saying that if you don't want him at Arsenal then that's fine by me.

Jameel46

Established Member
hope that we don't sign another keeper unless it's someone out of this world (buffon, cech) which is very, very unlikely. a no need rumour, again.

lee1001

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
how does everyone assume fabianski is so good, we've barely (ever?) seen him play.

He has been voted Polish goalkeeper of the year for the last two years.

I know its the Polish league but still he must have some ability to gain those accolades.

GlasGreenGunner

Fabianski is supposed to be every bit as good as Boruc.
And apparently before he joined Arsenal (and if Boruc had left Celtic) was being lined up by Celtic to replace Boruc.
At the moment though Almunia looks like he could hold the number 1 position for a while yet.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
9 September 2007
MY AND MIGHTY
Celtic Boss Gordon Strachan is chasing Hull City's highly-rated keeper Boaz Myhill as he waits for a major offer for Artur Boruc.

Strachan knows a £750,000 bid will tempt Phil Brown's team to sell. Myhill is out of the Hull side because Matt Duke is being given the chance to show whether he can be his long-term replacement.

Celtic are poised to pounce in the next transfer window as they wait to see if Arsenal follow-up their interest in Boruc or switch to Bolton's Jussi Jaaskelainen.
www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_head ... _page.html

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
Thanks GoonerGurjit that makes things clear afterall if BOruc comes it would be brilliant not coz we will have three polish Gk's at club but he is very good Gk

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i don't think boruc is needed here till we actually given a chance to fabianski and he show he couldn't make it here.

we should save money and buy an attacking player instead of a pointless goalie.

btw, if that article is true, strachan is a crazy manager

Canuck

Established Member
agree, jussi is an average keeper. He's reached his level and won't improve on it.
I'd take a pass.
Personally I think that Fabianski may be a very astute purchase by Wenger. Only time will tell though...*fingers crossed*
I can only see us making a bid for Boruc if we have secured a move for Jens, and to be honest I don't really think that is going to happen right now...Jens will be gone next summer though.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom