• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bacary Sagna

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
ack, forgot about Clerc. I'd guess Sagna is 3rd. And I do think Chimbonda is crap, but yea well.

Abidal and Clerc are likely the two fullbacks for a while yet. More interested to see how they shape out at CB. Thurman is just about done, Gallas will be 30. I guess Givet and Mexes. Hmm..

yankeegooner

MDGoonah41 said:
ack, forgot about Clerc. I'd guess Sagna is 3rd. And I do think Chimbonda is crap, but yea well.

Abidal and Clerc are likely the two fullbacks for a while yet. More interested to see how they shape out at CB. Thurman is just about done, Gallas will be 30. I guess Givet and Mexes. Hmm..

Don't forget about Boumsong :wink:

banduan

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
it's just frustration that everyone else is splashing the cash, and we're well not.

Our transfers are seldom ever straight forward. I find that so excruciatingly painful.

I find it really exciting actually :)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
legend stuck out his neck by saying Sagna's deal to be announced yesterday. A laughable predict really.

My turn now.

I heard whispers Sagna will be officially signed at 10:26 am today. Tomorrow morning Freddie will leave and the club will sign a winger before the team takes off to Austria

RC8

Established Member
tactica442 said:
legend stuck out his neck by saying Sagna's deal to be announced yesterday. A laughable predict really.

My turn now.

I heard whispers Sagna will be officially signed at 10:26 am today. Tomorrow morning Freddie will leave and the club will sign a winger before the team takes off to Austria

I don't trust legend#1 100%, for obvious reasons, but he has come in with some very interesting info in the past. For instance, he predicted a line-up that no one was expecting a while ago. Against Fulham, I believe. With Song in midfield, etc. He obviously has a source that tells him some things.

Grampus_Eight

MisterTalentScout said:
RC8 said:
tactica442 said:

My turn now.

I don't trust legend#1 100%, for obvious reasons, but he has come in with some very interesting info in the past. For instance, he predicted a line-up that no one was expecting a while ago. Against Fulham, I believe. With Song in midfield, etc. He obviously has a source that tells him some things.

I can tell you every offical line up 1/2 days before a match .

I'll look forward to hearing them. Thanks. :D

Have you figured out a way to parlay this information into winnings...?

_scorpion_

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
MisterTalentScout said:
RC8 said:
tactica442 said:

My turn now.

WOW mystic Meg is a gooner !!

kooldawg

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
Grampus_Eight said:
MisterTalentScout said:
RC8 said:
tactica442 said:

My turn now.

WOW mystic Meg is a gooner !!

LMAO :D

Well we certainly hope that you post the Lineups for us.

Viper

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
it's just frustration that everyone else is splashing the cash, and we're well not.

Our transfers are seldom ever straight forward. I find that so excruciatingly painful.
straight forward? LOL.

If our transfers were straight forward we would've signed Eto'o a few years ago back then, we would've got Ibrahimovic, we would've got Ronaldinho.... Robinho, and Baptista (when he was good).

has this been taken??

It seems that he will sign today according to L'Equipe at least:

It should not y of have surprised: the Resident of Auxerre Bacary Sagna will sign this Thursday a five year old contract with Arsenal. To secure the services of the side Burgundian right, the club of London was committed pouring with the AJA an allowance of transfer of some 9 million euros, supplied with a possible no-claims bonus of 2 other million. The last details were regulated Wednesday evening between the two clubs. Sagna already passed the medical visit preliminary to its engagement. It will be Gunner in the next hours.

^^ translated by Google from http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20070712_100450Dev.html

Gurgen

Established Member
Viper said:
GoonerGurjit said:

straight forward? LOL.

If our transfers were straight forward we would've signed Eto'o a few years ago back then, we would've got Ibrahimovic, we would've got Ronaldinho.... Robinho, and Baptista (when he was good).

Spending millions is never straightforward. We are no different from any other club. You negotiate until you get the deal you want. Were the Essien and Diarra transfers straightforward? Is the Tevez transfer now straightforward?

Don't make us out to be some kind of club that likes to do things the hard way. What utter bollocks.

longrufus

Established Member
This deal looks a certainty to go through, much to my surprise to be honest. I always considered this a luxury buy, as we have Eboue, and numerous options there if he is injured (Hoyte, Gilbert, Djourou). Apparently he can play at LB too which is a bonus. It wouldnt surprise me at all if he was used in a number of different positions, acting as not only a RB but a utility player. Or maybe thats just me trying to make sense of the signing.

There is another explanation, maybe we have money to spend and Wenger is trying to build a competitive squad for next year. I expect this to be officially announced either today or tomorrow.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Viper said:
GoonerGurjit said:

straight forward? LOL.

Obviously you don't know what "seldom" means.

KY

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Viper said:
GoonerGurjit said:

straight forward? LOL.

LoL

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Tbh. Zlatan was insulted when we offered him a trial he thought he was too good for that and should have been purchased rightaway.

Ronaldinho was a work permit problem

Robinho and Baptista had chosen a better and bigger club which we could do nothing about.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
KY said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Viper said:
GoonerGurjit said:

straight forward? LOL.

LoL
aka it just wont happen

stiiphunn

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Viper said:
GoonerGurjit said:

straight forward? LOL.

Spending millions is never straightforward. We are no different from any other club. You negotiate until you get the deal you want. Were the Essien and Diarra transfers straightforward? Is the Tevez transfer now straightforward?

Don't make us out to be some kind of club that likes to do things the hard way. What utter bollocks.

Exactly Gurgen. But I guess people like being negative all the time.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
theres nothing wrong with being negative...being negative means that you are thinking ahead before something happens or being very cautious
we have every right to be negative, we aint won **** all in 2 seasons, you cant expect us to be happy and ignore the problems we have
once we win we'll feel happy again and be brimming with confidence, just like how the man u supporters are now.....

stiiphunn

Established Member
being negative is ok but being negative all day long is annoying.

Criticizing the club's policy because Sagna's arrival hasn't been announced yet is a joke. Eduardo's deal happened quickly because it was possible to do so.
There are obviously some details that need to be adressed with Auxerre and we can't avoid that. It's called a negotiation.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Viper said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Apart from on the pitch of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom