• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bacary Sagna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy from Sweden

This was what the guy posted believe it or not:

you can walk into the armoury and see SAGNA 3 shirts on the wall for sale.

Can't believe Arsenal would get that ahead of themselves. The staff in there (hardly insiders I know) told me yesterday it was done deal and I could get his number.

Probably hasn't been announced as there's another player in negotiations. Was told last week we were close with two more buys, no names but Sagna would appear to be the first.

I can tell you I believe this guy a lot more than the one that said it was off. 'Cause that guy is one of the more negative on there so for him to come up with something like this doesn't surprise me. But we've got our fair share of moaners on here as well, don't we. ;-)

And to be honest...

Is anyone actually surprised that there are people who make things up on different forums. One of the down sides of internet. So I guess that's life.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
it's just frustration that everyone else is splashing the cash, and we're well not.

Our transfers are seldom ever straight forward. I find that so excruciatingly painful.

Grampus_Eight

GoonerGurjit said:
According to some guy on AWIMB, the deal is off because we couldn't agree a fee.

Maybe there is a delay in finalizing the deal if Auxerre keep upping the price.

Sagna should have a valuation somewhere between £3-5m. He's been convert into a fullback (moved from striker) and it is my understanding that he has only had a few seasons playing as first choice in ligue 1.

If Auxerre are holding out for £7-7.5m (because they think they undersold Diaby and got a big fee for Kaboul), then maybe Wenger, Grimandi and Friar need to play hard-ball.

Sagna has already threatened to go on strike and is set on playing for Arsenal.

If £25k/wk is the wage we've offered, then this deal will ultimately get done - but perhaps pressure needs to be put on Auxerre...and a player refusing to play for any team except Arsenal should get us a more reasonable price.

Don't forget Sagna is 24 and is 3rd choice for France and RB and has yet to play a competitive match at international level - and we do already have two right backs.

Alfonso

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
lol Friday? What are they busy with tomorrow. This is so frustrating. Why won't they just confirm the damn signing?!?

I know, its so frustrating. But I guess it wouldnt be an Arsenal summer if it wasnt for stuff like this, we tend to always do things the long and hard way.

thegame24

Established Member
do any of you really believe legend or talentscout? or anyone else who thinks they know whats going on with transfers?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
By the way, the photo of him holding the shirt, I photoshopped that and started circulating it on the Interweb yesterday.

Grampus_Eight

How many years does he have left on his contract? Anyone know his wages at Auxerre?

The problem is the "beautiful treason" of Abou Diaby and Tottenham paying a bigger fee for Kaboul...

yankeegooner

With all the fees being paid this summer, are they really being that greedy? I'd love to get him, but prices are inflated...

Someone mentioned he's 3rd choice at int'l level, who is ahead of him? Sagnol (now 30) and...?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
yankeegooner said:
With all the fees being paid this summer, are they really being that greedy? I'd love to get him, but prices are inflated...

Someone mentioned he's 3rd choice at int'l level, who is ahead of him? Sagnol (now 30) and...?

Chimbonda?

yankeegooner

MDGoonah41 said:
yankeegooner said:

Chimbonda?

He's not even in the squad for Euro 2008, is he? Trying to be as unbiased as possible, given that he's a spud, he was dreadful towards the end of last year.

Went back and looked at their Euro 2008 results, looks like Sagnol and Clerc split time at RB, so fair play on Sagna being third-choice. Of course Boumsong was in some of those squads, so France selection proves nothing except that Domenech is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom