• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bacary Sagna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i don't agree with selling hoyte. we need defensive cover surely for ANC. he is a good backup for us.

and we just gave him a new 4 year deal isnt it

sam961gunners

As long as we also sign a winger i am happy. I don't want Eboue to play on the wing. All he needs to do is scrub up on his defending and he can become one of the best right-backs in the world. It is the cheap option to move him there, we need to bring a proper winger who will get us goals, Eboue is not that man.

thegame24

Established Member
lol @ the people who assume number 3 makes him a starter for sure.

Dont be so simple and dont pretend that you like the idea of eboue on the wing

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
6m for a bench player?

you gotta be kidding. wenger never spend so much for a defender before

thegame24

Established Member
for less than a season.

Anyway, wenger has spent loads on players that dont start

jeffers 9 million

the 16 year old defender 2 million

Wiltord 13 million

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Alfonso said:
We've signed the new Taribo West!

4.HCtaribowest_ma_e228699_4734554.JPG

Lets just hope our Sagna proves to be the superior player.
Did You know that Taribo West tried to sign for Croatain NK Rijeka. He attended medical at one well known clinic, and there they said that Taribo is something around 10 years older than he claims and that his knee has done his service in football.

As for Sagna, Wenger has a reason to buy him, aspecially for that money. Just remember what players he rejected to bid for because of their price. Hope that we could hear about him in next season review something like: "Lot of fans were confused by signing of Sagna, but he shown his abilities very soon. Why we signed him couldn't be heard any more at AG." :)
Oh, yes, where is official annoncement? Waiting for another players to sign to announce double signing? Martins? Gouffran?

belgianfan

Don't know why but I feel a bit secure bout this transfer. I was actually against it but now it has hit me that we already have 2 new players forgetting the fact titi left. And it's only the beginning of the summer. the copa america and the under20 wc hasn't even ended.

This is probably our fastest approach ever, surely wenger will still have a big summer now to go after the big fish.

run

RockyRocastle said:
If this signing means that Eboue is the 'new' winger we have been crying out for then I am less than impressed and cannot understand what Wenger is thinking.

An attacking fullback does not equal a quality winger. Eboue knows nothing about movement in the final third, has woeful finishing and is not particularty skillful. I refuse to believe this means Eboue will play on the wing, and if it does then Wenger has lost the plot. Would Ashly Cole or Roberto Carlos make good wingers? I dont think so.

However, if it is true that this guy can play CB aswell, as it said on the radio last night, and is meant to provide cover for the African Nations as well as, lets face it, our average defence cover - Senderos/Hoyte/Djourou - then I am a lot happier with it, provided that we bring in a quality winger which we so obviously need.

I agree completely...

I think people who are/were hoping for an obvious first choice wide-player to join the team are going to be disappointed. Wenger clearly rates Hleb and Rosicky in those positions. That said WE STILL NEED A REAL ATTACKING MID-FIELDER.

Eboue in Mid-field? Maybe if everyone else is hurt, but full-time? Foolishness.

Before Henry left, most of us felt we needed a striker, a wide-player, and back-up central defender. We bought Eduardo to replace Henry and so by my count we still need a striker, a wide-player and a back-up central defender.

I guess Sagna could cover CB but the sun suggests we're still in the market for one. I would be happy with Gouffan out-wide but what's all this nonsense about loaning him back? And one of the stories said we're still interested in Martins but are considering other options. What options?

It seems we could still be busy this summer. We'd better be. Players are cheaper after the big clubs make their buys. Maybe that's what Wenger is counting on. Us and Real Madrid are the only clubs that still seem to have big moves to make.

Meatwad

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Meatwad said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
bullshit, with this new regulation coming in with fifa, about having certain amount of homegrown players in your side, were going to definetly need hoyte
although nowadays in football, nothing is a garuntee, that link is toal crap, saw it earlier
the homegrown rule doesn't have anything to do with nationality ... it's each side playing in European competitions must have at least four (that was for the 2006-07 season, then it's 6 in 2007-08 and finally 8 in 2008-09 and that's where it will stay) members of their 25-man squad who have been registered with them three seasons between the ages of 15 and 21.

our homegrown players for 2007-08 are:

Cesc
Clichy
Djourou
Senderos
Walcott
Hoyte
Bendtner
Gilbert
Traore

i understand that and thats what i thought but i read somwhere on an offical site, some foreign players dont count as homegrown, dont know why though
UEFA is the only thing official.
http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/277167.pdf

KY

Established Member
maybe wenger wants to announce both martins and sagna together. Who knows. That'll be cool.
another link:
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=350315

This one says hoyte probably won't be sold. And it also has a small part on gallas too. Nice to see that wenger doesn't care for reputations and know when to put people in their place. Good on him that he didn't go public with it too..l.unlike a certain moaninho

nidza7

Established Member
Gilbertosilver from gunner blog came up with this:

Sagna…woah oh oh oh oh,
Sagna…woah oh oh oh oh,
He came from Auxerre,
He’s got stupid hair.
Sagna…woah oh oh oh oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom