• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There are no pluses. We struggled to get past a sh*t Porto and then totally sh*t the bed against the worst Bayern in modern memory under absolutely no pressure when we had them on the ropes. It's a disgusting way to go out and to be quite honest, if we'd gotten a less favorable draw, we'd have probably been destroyed over 2 legs by a side in better form.
True, disappointing performance, but , let’s face it, we’re not “Big” in Europe. We haven’t earned the “we belong in the big boys club” consistently. For many years, making the CL or being in the top 4 seemed to be to a large extent, the apex of our ambition. We’re beginning to see a shift where we feel like we should be viable contenders. It takes time, unfortunately.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I assure you the likes of Onana and Zubimendi would not have helped us beat Bayern today so hopefully we can target midfielders better than the aformentioned names, actual game changing box-to-box midfielder.

Sign level raisers and not 'versatile' profiles who are jack of all trades but master of none.
I'm on my knees for Barella at Inter. Get him in ASAP

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

They wont be distracted by the CL and have to win a trophy or two, so cant see them not winning every game on the run in.
They weren’t distracted by it last season much.

Not how life or football works.

Anyway, if we beat wolves and Chelsea we’ll be four clear of them before they play again. We have to do our job - which won’t be in anyway easy - but it’s doable and you just never know…

roz

Fake News Merchant

Anyway, if we beat wolves and Chelsea we’ll be four clear of them before they play again. We have to do our job - which won’t be in anyway easy - but it’s doable and you just never know…
Its up for grabs now!

Artemis

They wont be distracted by the CL and have to win a trophy or two, so cant see them not winning every game on the run in. But you never know i guess.
City are overwhelming favourites yeah.

Tbh, I think this Arsenal team would fumble the trophy if they were literally handed it personally. That's the biggest issue we face. And I'm not sure where the fix is.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

I think its more likely they drop a game in PL if they are still in the CL. This doesnt mean they would drop one and are more than capable to win every game in the PL with CL, but in terms of probability, there is a greater chance if they are competing on both fronts.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
True, disappointing performance, but , let’s face it, we’re not “Big” in Europe. We haven’t earned the “we belong in the big boys club” consistently. For many years, making the CL or being in the top 4 seemed to be to a large extent, the apex of our ambition. We’re beginning to see a shift where we feel like we should be viable contenders. It takes time, unfortunately.
I agree with you on that front and I understand what you're saying. My issue is that we were handed golden opportunities both in the CL in terms of consecutive favorable draws against struggling big names that were not playing like big teams as well as in the league and we have bottled both spectacularly in an 8 day period. That goes beyond a lack of European pedigree. The team is afraid of success. They can't reach a primary objective. They can only fall short to a secondary one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did Kane has clear chance against us in both legs? Apart from usual penalty of course but I felt both our defenders did great job keep him away from goal.

Really frustrating when you keep this kind of player far from your goal and still lose the tie.

HattoriHanzo

I agree with you on that front and I understand what you're saying. My issue is that we were handed golden opportunities both in the CL in terms of consecutive favorable draws against struggling big names that were not playing like big teams as well as in the league and we have bottled both spectacularly in an 8 day period. That goes beyond a lack of European pedigree. The team is afraid of success. They can't reach a primary objective. They can only fall short to a secondary one.
Bayern has played 10 matches in UCL this season, 7 wins, 2 draws (1 with Arsenal) and 1 loss.
This doesn't look like struggle to me.

Their Bundesliga form is completely irrelevant for Arsenal.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I should preface this by saying I watched the game on a phone whilst walking around Disneyland Paris, but from what I saw, it didn't really look like us.

I never once felt we were rising to the occasion to go on and win. More like trying not to lose. It looked tired, very predictable, and I think we can be extremely disappointed with the performances of a lot of big names individuals who you'd expect more from.

I'm not sure we are bottlers. I just think we aren't quite at the level. Perhaps we've over performed. It hasn't looked like nerves. It's more like too many players in the squad lack ruthlessness.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bayern has played 10 matches in UCL this season, 7 wins, 2 draws (1 with Arsenal) and 1 loss.

People need to learn to separate CL form with league form. How many times have we seen teams look terrible in their leagues abd go on to win the Champions League, like Chelsea for example? Or on the flip side, Napoli of last season walked Serie A but struggled in Europe.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Against United, Copenhagen, Lazio and Galatasaray. If league form weren't relevant, we wouldn't constantly carry bad performances over from one tournament to another. This Bayern team were there for the taking and we had them on the ropes at home before shooting ourselves in the foot like we have every season under Arteta. I'm not going to ignore that because they beat some other awful teams earlier in the CL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lot of players look fatigued it's seriously problem players with super stamina like Rice White and Ødegaard all looked dead in thier in 2nd half.

It's not great sign we would've been in big trouble if we qualified and faced more experienced and more clinical Madrid team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom