• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benitez leaves Valencia

Gooner_Milton

Interesting.

If he really does go to Pool, they'll be quite the force to reckon with next season. Of course that is if Pool manages to keep Owen/Gerrad content.

Kyla

The imminent appointments of Mourhino and Benitez is freaking me out. Wenger will definitely have met his match in these top foreign coaches- Benitez especially. He's masterminded 2/3 league titles in Spain for Valencia- the best league in the world. Benitez is very similar to Wenger- he's meticulous- watches opposition videos, caculates player performances like Wenger too. He's a top technician. I expect Livershite to be up there with us sooner than we think. He's got to have a better transfer policy than Houllier, and a lot of money is going to be handed to him as well. What if Ayala, Vicente, Mista, Aimar et al follow him to Anfield. Valencia are like the spanish version of us. Just imagine what he could do with the extra bit of dosh that Parry and co will give him.

Gooner_Milton

No worries on my part.

Don't forget, A resurgent Pool would also mean difficulties to our other rivals ie. Manscum, Chelski. Not just us. Benetiz (if he even gets appointed in the first place) will take a while to adapt to EPL football. Does he even speak English? No doubt he's a top class manager but so is Wenger.

I have the utmost confidence in AW. He's brought us this far.

Anyway, I think a stronger Pool would be good for the EPL.

liam346

Have to admit i am pretty excited about Raffa the Red.I wont be so bold as to say we will win the league but hell i ALWAYS expect us to do that!....thats been the letdown in the last 2 years.

From a pure footballing point of view his appointment to Liverpool (hopefully) and Mourinhos at Chelsea.....what a league to play in..........and watch

On the assumption that the appointment goes ahead we know Cisse's deal has already been paid for out of last years budget.............FACT is./........30mill had already been approved for this summer, but if the Investment plans from Thai/Morgan come off another 45 mill has been promised for players...................................exciting times ahead.

Seems common knowledge Valencia are in deep financial troubl....would Benitez lead any of the following to Anfield.................Aimar,Ayala,Baraja,Vicente......................interesting times we live in.

A final thought.................................how badly Chelsea handled the management role............compared to Rick Parry...........class in your actions not the amount of money you wield Mr Kenyon

Soler

Established Member
Vicente or Kewell on the left wing? I'm biased against Kewell, but I'd put Vicente there.

MightyArsenal

Im really surprised at this one.....I thought valencia had a world classt team with one of the up and coming superstars ie vicente.....
Makes you appreciate wenger even more and the fact that he has stayed here for this long when he could easily leave and get more dosh elsewhere.

jc8gooner

I wont be so bold as to say we will win the league but hell i ALWAYS expect us to do that!....thats been the letdown in the last 2 years.
Don't you mean the last 10 years?! :wink:

Gooner_Milton

The problem with Valencia is that they're DEFINITELY punching above their weight, much more than us. I mean this is a team in the same league as Barcelona and Real Madrid.

They have the stadium but lack the financial stability and the global exposure we have.

A pity really. I've always had a soft spot for Valencia.

I don't blame Benitez. Valencia simply can't afford to provide him with the transfer funds he desires.

and yes, Wenger is a god.

liam346

wink away my friend and enjoy your time at the top.........we have proved that it doesnt last forever.And yes i do expect us to win the league........ALWAYS, as you should your team.

Please am not here to trade insults.....discuss fottball is the point and hey its our day in the news it would seem.If i wanted insults i could stay at Redcafe........i always thought Liverpool and Arseanl where a class above ManUre and Chelski

The Mini

Uh oh, the Premiership is getting better quality, I heard this was happening. The Euro is falling rapidly and better wages can be found, therefore we get better players and managers and more pain for us. Thats what I understood from my friend.

Soler

Established Member
As I said in another thread: England's clubs are not in debt like the Spanish and Italian giants are. Far more stable league - it's only a matter of time.

liam346

the quality is now arriving off the field too it seems.Early to say yet but is the Premiership the place to be......................

South americans, Spanish and Italian players have never flocked in big numbers...................................

With the 2 top Latin coaches now heading it seems for England........will it mean that the French invasion of Arsenal could be followed by A Portugese/Brazilian invasion at Chelski...............and maybe a Spanish invasion of Anfield..................

Trace it all back to TV money.............

Gooner_Milton

All good to me.

The only league i constantly watch is the EPL. La Liga is alright but there is too much referee favourtism (can anyone say Real :roll:) there and diving. Serie A is garbage. Not sure about the Eredivisie as i don't get that much Dutch coverage. Watching Bundesliga is like watching a man peel off the paint AFTER watching it dry. And let's not bring up MLS.

that said a better Premiership = a happy Gooner.

liam346

is a word of caution needed though.....

Arsenal,Liverpool,ManUre,Chelski....all in fine fettle, but i wouldnt for a second mind a tough competitive Newcastle joining in the party, imagine a tough competitive top 5...........

Mark

Established Member
I am actually quite surprised, but he's surely going to Liverpool now. That would not surprise me at all.

Gooner_Milton

Mad Jens said:
Eredivisie isn't bad. I watch it whenever I catch it.

aye. I try to catch some of the top teams (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord) whenever i can but my broadcasters will rather televise Bundesliga or MLS football instead. :roll:

lewdikris

Established Member
Kyla said:
The imminent appointments of Mourhino and Benitez is freaking me out. Wenger will definitely have met his match in these top foreign coaches- Benitez especially.

Now, far be it from me to laugh, but Kyla? Worried? Never! Honestly, both of these guys are good coaches, but from both of them the whole talent is in organisation rather than inspiration. Valencia were a great team before Benitez arrived, and will be afterwards - Jaime Ortiz (the Prez) is a dumbass, basically... but he keeps the right players even whilst chucking the managers away. The stories about Aimar and co hiking to Anfield won't happen....

Does make you realise how big a draw Liverpool are though. But next year, all we'll see is a defensively strong Pool team who counterrattack swiftly, play 4-4-2 and won't really be any different from the one Houllier would have played..

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom