• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benitez leaves Valencia

patrick42uk

Established Member
brian france i did say interest. cisse is one of europe's hottest prospects and he is quicker than henry. kewell was a top player attracting interest from man utd who are a big club, but he chose liverpool.

liam346

SOL.................did you forget to take your angry pills mate or you feeling guilty about leaving Sp**s :wink:

I said i expect to see Liverpool winning the league not as a right but as an expectation.Now you refer to the past Sol, is not LAST season now in the past, what have you learned from it.....nothing it seems.You where incredible i agree, never denied it.But i will wager one thing you wont go unbeaten again.We on the otherhand where appalling, dross, but the board came to the conclusion a manager was responsible, he has gone.Arguably we have got one of the top 3 coaches available from the continent, the others being Mourinho and Capello, throw also Hitzfeld and yes i think that maybe we have a fine boss.What would have attracted him to Liverpool do you think SOL, the last 2 years or the facts,a healthy fan base, a good squad full of internationals,2 possibly world class players, a new stadium to be built and a financially sound base with high turnover, a good amount of cash to build a squad and a board with a HISTORY of never interfering.Then the challenge no manager would resist turning around the fortunes of a great club.Club SOL not team get it!

On the field Arsenal are the standard bearer ,now this is probably the first time they have clearly established themselves as that.The interesting thing is to see how they cope with being top dog.They clearly will not go unbeaten again but i see no reason foir them not to be champions again.I think what we may see is some concerted attempts to lure PV and TH to either of Real Madrid or Chelsea, but i don't think that would happen to be fair.The biggest 2 problems Arsène faces is Bergkamps ageing legs may prove irreplaceable and that alone will bring Arsenal back to the pack a bit and then adding to an obviuosly impressive side without breaking the harmony.

SOL...............i never mentioned 4 Euroipean Cups, nor do i want to, i live in the present ,.,,,,,wanna join me

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
sol, this season was a fluke, i dont think liverpool literally need years to make up because the 30 points was a result of us going unbeaten which will never happen again.

2 seasons ago they finished 14 points behind us, even though we completely screwed up our season right at the end and should of had at least 10 points more.

The gap is huge because we are consistant which is something they are most definitely not.

patrick42uk said:
cisse is one of europe's hottest prospects and he is quicker than henry. kewell was a top player attracting interest from man utd who are a big club, but he chose liverpool.

Cisse is indeed very talented however whenever I've seen him against a top side he has never impressed me. Even for France when I've seen him he has looked very average, its all good scoring goals in the French league but that doesn't mean you will do well in other ones. Pace isn't everything, it helps though.

As for Kewell there was a reason he chose Liverpool ahead of Man utd and Arsenal. Ask anyone who knows about him and they will tell you he is lazy and not comitted. Would he really want to go to Arsenal/Man utd and sit on the bench because Pires and Giggs sure as hell would of raised their performances to make sure he didn't get near the team. He chose the easy route which was Liverpool.

liam346

CISSE................if he is quicker than henry he must be ****in jet propelled, but cant wait to see how he performs over the season.Top scorer in France for a few seasons now i believe.Some say France is a crap league but this season just past they had teams in each each of the Euro finals.

KEWELL................a talent but also an enigma.Technically gifted, as i'm sure that goal he scored at Highbury showed but prone also to disappear.However at 23 or so, compared to Giggs or Pires his prime is a long way off so still time for him to learn.

If Arsenal have a weakness where do you goes think it will be?

brianfrance

Established Member
France is not a crap league at all
Of course EPL is better - but I think the French league is better than bundesliga
Cissé is quicker than Henry no doubt, but Henry is better in all others things to do a great striker - And he played at Auxerre, a very strange system by 4-3-3 but all the game is for the #9, who can, of course, scores so many. In Liverpool, the team won't play only for Cissé - I'm really excited to see him next year.
Remember one player : Stephane Guivarc'h. I don't if you know him, he was best scorer in the French league 3 times, 1 with Rennes then 2 with Auxerre. He was on the starting XI of the WC 98 final. But after his trip at Newcastle - nothing ! I don't know where he plays now !!
We'll see what he can do !

Adam

Established Member
When Henry was Cisse's age - he was faster imo. Henry's intense schedule of games has been slightly at the detriment of that electric pace throughout the last years. I think Henry, fresh - is the fastest. Martins may have a say over the first few yards, as well as Mendy.

liam346

Bugger Guivarch...remember Heskey!

If GH had a problem , being an old schoolmaster he tended to build a team on youth and for the future without attending the present.Curiuosly his best season when we won 3 Cups (by the way i would trade all 3 for a league title everytime) was when he had Gary McAllister guiding the team (Bergkamp anyone!) around.Said it before and will say it again......kids dont win titles

A

Anonymous

liam346 said:
i will wager one thing you wont go unbeaten again.

Wow, now that is a bold prediction.

Have you lived in New Zealand all your life?

Adam

Established Member
brianfrance said:
No way adam, Henry was never quicker than Cissé, even when he played at monaco on the left wing

How do you know this? I hear there were tests which showed they were similar. Thierry in full flight down the left (look at that goal in Euro 2000 against Denmark i think) where he sprinted 50 yards in a blink of the eye. Cisse's movement isn't as great although of similar speed, and he is very much focussed around the box because he lacks Thierry's vision and technique.

liam346

BOLD you say.................well how old is the football league say 120 years...and it happened once.So odds of say 100/1 against it happening again.....good money i would say

No not lived in New Zealand all my life....was born and raised in Liverpool......the curse being all my family are Evertonians...poor sods./

A

Anonymous

liam346 said:
BOLD you say.................well how old is the football league say 120 years...and it happened once.So odds of say 100/1 against it happening again.....good money i would say

No not lived in New Zealand all my life....was born and raised in Liverpool......the curse being all my family are Evertonians...poor sods./

Yeah, you must be a scouser. I was being sarcastic, of course we wont go unbeaten again. I thought all mickey mousers had a sense of humour?

Anyway, the fact remains that you are not in our league anymore. You would be better suited goin to Sp**s boards. They are very similar to you - they believe past glories = success today and are also very ****. You will fit in well around there.

liam346

hmmmmmm.........you keep mentioning our past glories to me, yet its not what i prefer to discuss.But i sense discuss is not your modus operandi is it SSSSSOL..

Your a bit of a schoolyard bully really arent you, you know, pick on the smallest kids, swear at the girls, but if anybody stands up to you or says anything you resort to clever remarks and insults

A

Anonymous

liam346 said:
hmmmmmm.........you keep mentioning our past glories to me, yet its not what i prefer to discuss.But i sense discuss is not your modus operandi is it SSSSSOL..

Your a bit of a schoolyard bully really arent you, you know, pick on the smallest kids, swear at the girls, but if anybody stands up to you or says anything you resort to clever remarks and insults

Whats with all the ................... and the hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm??

I just found it funny how you thought you could win the league in the last couple of years, and put your club in the same group as mine. And ontop of that I dont like scousers.

And where has schoolyard bully come from? :lol:

You come on Arsenal sites you can expect some banter, and I like winding up other supporters, and it seems it worked on you.

Have fun fighting it out for fourth place again next season.

brianfrance

Established Member
Adam said:
brianfrance said:
No way adam, Henry was never quicker than Cissé, even when he played at monaco on the left wing

How do you know this? I hear there were tests which showed they were similar. Thierry in full flight down the left (look at that goal in Euro 2000 against Denmark i think) where he sprinted 50 yards in a blink of the eye. Cisse's movement isn't as great although of similar speed, and he is very much focussed around the box because he lacks Thierry's vision and technique.
I know this coz I saw both played soooo many times.
Cissé ask the ball in the mildfield manytimes. I've seen him ask the ball in the mildfield, beside the CB, big run, and when he's in front of the GK, the CB is 5 meters behind !!! He's not only a fox is thebox as you can think - but can ask the ball far from the box -
I don't like too much this player, but I must give him this quality - he's one of the faster player in the world

Kyla

Is no one else remotely worried about the potential of Chelsea and Liverpool at all? Mourhino's already come out and said he will foster a tight-knit Chelsea squad like he did with his Porto team. He won't chop and change like Ranieri. I doubt there will be a massive influx of new players either. Chelsea won't be taking two steps back and "start all over again." Just trying to put things into perspective, considering how Chelsea came runners up to a team undefeated all season, and with new players that were mostly playing together for the first time.

Next season will test us massively. Everybody needs to win the big prizes- Wenger needs to show we are now the "dominant" force in England, Ferguson has to prove that his empire ain't crumbling, Mourhino needs to justify his arrival, and Benitez has to attempt turning Liverpool into the team of the 70s and 80s within the space of a season.

KingReyes

Established Member
Kyla said:
Is no one else remotely worried about the potential of Chelsea and Liverpool at all? Mourhino's already come out and said he will foster a tight-knit Chelsea squad like he did with his Porto team. He won't chop and change like Ranieri. I doubt there will be a massive influx of new players either. Chelsea won't be taking two steps back and "start all over again." Just trying to put things into perspective, considering how Chelsea came runners up to a team undefeated all season, and with new players that were mostly playing together for the first time.

Next season will test us massively. Everybody needs to win the big prizes- Wenger needs to show we are now the "dominant" force in England, Ferguson has to prove that his empire ain't crumbling, Mourhino needs to justify his arrival, and Benitez has to attempt turning Liverpool into the team of the 70s and 80s within the space of a season.

I would be more worried if Wenger was leaving..in fact put that into perspective. Chelsea,Pool and Arsenal have no managers and then all of a sudden they get Mourinho, Benitez and Wenger respectively with the current squads. Who would you tip to win the league? Arsenal for sure. From those three Wenger is still the better manager IMO and he would be going to the better quality of players.

So despite Chelsea and Pool getting good managers, they are still up against the best in the business..Arsène Wenger with the best team spirit and players in Arsenal!

beanz

liam346 said:
wink away my friend and enjoy your time at the top.........we have proved that it doesnt last forever.And yes i do expect us to win the league........ALWAYS, as you should your team.

Please am not here to trade insults.....discuss fottball is the point and hey its our day in the news it would seem.If i wanted insults i could stay at Redcafe........i always thought Liverpool and Arseanl where a class above ManUre and Chelski
You're absolutely right Liam, what goes around, comes around & it's a moot point that we should enjoy every minute of our place at the top. Stop whingeing you other gooner fans & ENJOY it, because it won't last forever! :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom