• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

DuBB

Not trying to be funny here, honest question:
When was the last time we bought a player that the majority of the fans (at least the ones on here) thought “made so much sense to bring in”.

Doesn't happen often. The majority of the Starting 11, let alone the squad, consists of players who (at the time of their transfers) probably wouldn't have been consensus signings on here.

If there's doubt around the player on AM, chances are the signing will work out.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Idk enough about this kid to form an opinion but just thinking hypothetically about Arsenal putting a 6'4 Havertz and a 6'5 Sesko out there together with Saliba and Gabriel after the parade of midgets we had to endure is hilarious. After we became the best set piece team in the league, I guess anything is possible. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Idk enough about this kid to form an opinion but just thinking hypothetically about Arsenal putting a 6'4 Havertz and a 6'5 Sesko out there together with Saliba and Gabriel after the parade of midgets we had to endure is hilarious. After we became the best set piece team in the league, I guess anything is possible. :lol:
Arteta played for us at a time when the only really tall players we had were Mertesacker and Giroud - he said not on his watch as soon as he became manager :lol:.

I'm very torn on Sesko. High ceiling, low floor type player. He's about a year or two away from being really good.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta played for us at a time when the only really tall players we had were Mertesacker and Giroud - he said not on his watch as soon as he became manager :lol:.

I'm very torn on Sesko. High ceiling, low floor type player. He's about a year or two away from being really good.
Yeah I can see some things that he does that look impressive but I also wonder if he can replicate them against better competition in the near future and if he can raise the level of the things he's not as good at against better competition as well. Idk, I feel like it might be a more exciting signing if we were still chasing top 4. I'm not sure it's the right signing for a title contender. We need someone who is pretty much dead certain to hit the ground running like Rice in any position we buy for.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This signing is not taking us forward (pun very much intended).

Most Bundesliga signings are liable to be Werner & Keita as opposed to Havertz & Mertesacker.

Isak is the one for us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Most Bundesliga signings are liable to be Werner & Keita as opposed to Havertz & Mertesacker.

Isak is the one for us.
Haaland
Kdb
Akanji
Gvardiol
Ortega

The champions has 5 players from bundesliga. Funny you want the guy that was deemed not good enough for bundesliga

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Haaland
Kdb
Akanji
Gvardiol
Ortega

The champions has 5 players from bundesliga. Funny you want the guy that was deemed not good enough for bundesliga

I do amuse myself with my humor sometimes.

It's nice to see it has the same impact on others :lol:

Halend

Isak is the one for us.

Newcastle aren't selling him, the only way would be to put something silly like 150m on the table.

The striker market consists of either 30+ established players with no resale value or young player who has not broken out out yet so can go either way.

The prime 24-28 year olds are Haaland (can't get) Mbappe (can't get) Osihmen (expensive injury prone) Gyökeres (one year wonder in bad league overpriced) Vlahović (already turned us down would be overpriced).

I can understand going young pre break out in this market.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Newcastle aren't selling him, the only way would be to put something silly like 150m on the table.

The striker market consists of either 30+ established players with no resale value or young player who has not broken out out yet so can go either way.

The prime 24-28 year olds are Haaland (can't get) Mbappe (can't get) Osihmen (expensive injury prone) Gyökeres (one year wonder in bad league overpriced) Vlahović (already turned us down would be overpriced).

I can understand going young pre break out in this market.

All fair points but we should still be ambivalent about Sesko. His numbers aren't impressive & there's something that makes me weary of a big striker with a shocking low number of headers.

Dare I say it, I don't see him being an improvement on Giroud.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Suspect he’ll be coming in to take Eddies role in the squad, with the idea to develop into a first 11 player.

Do we reckon we can bring him and a wide player in?

Havertz, Sesko, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard, Jesus is a bit overkill in the forward department.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I've watched Šeško extensively and he's the real deal. When he polishes his link-up play he's going to be a top3 forward in the world, mark my words. He's the modern prototype of a payer spearheading the attack. Went through the same process as Haaland in Salzburg and he was dubbed to be even better than him.

We need to get him in asap before the price inflates, if he performs in Euro we're talking 70m+

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
If we want him we'll get him. Strong feeling we already have a pre-agreement, with his agent spotted in our last two matches. Hope so at least, would be shrewd business.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Suspect he’ll be coming in to take Eddies role in the squad, with the idea to develop into a first 11 player.

Havertz, Sesko, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard, Jesus is a bit overkill in the forward department.
It's not overkill 6 players for 3 positions is the minimum number also these options you can depend on and rotate it's better than having Nelson or Eddie come from bench doing nothing also Mikel lost all trust in them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Overkill? It’s not enough. We also need a quality winger

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom