• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's amazing how many threads come back to the the age old question! Why doesn't Mik rotate, through choice or because he doesn't trust the backups?

We may finally find out after this Summers window when you would have thought the squad building process will be near complete.

Some managers just don’t like to rotate. I just think Arteta is one of those. More players doesn’t mean he will use more players. Just means those relegated will just become an afterthought like nketiah, ESR and Vieira

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Some managers just don’t like to rotate. I just think Arteta is one of those. More players doesn’t mean he will use more players. Just means those relegated will just become an afterthought like nketiah, ESR and Vieira

You may be correct?

However do you honestly think giving more game time this season to ESR, Eddie or Vieira wins us the league over this Man City side 🤔

I'm saying categorically it doesn't.

These players may be ok as rotation options if you are looking for a top 4 or 6 finish but not when going for a title.

Simple fact is our squad depth is not as good as City's so obviously we can't rotate as much as they can.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

You may be correct?

However do you honestly think giving more game time this season to ESR, Eddie or Vieira wins us the league over this Man City side 🤔

These players may be ok as rotation options if you are looking for a top 4 or 6 finish but not when going for a title.

Simple fact is our squad depth is not as good as City's so obviously we can't rotate as much as they can.
This is true, but there have been occasions where he definitely could have given more rest to some players (Saka), even if only 15 mins here and there in different games.

Not saying it cost us the title, but it’s something that could come back to haunt a guy like Saka who’s been severely overplayed at a young age. I really hope they prioritize finding a backup solution for RW

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arteta's rotation got a lot better towards the back end of this season, he was actually taking Saka off before the end of games even. It helped that these were games in which we were well on top. He even started Nelson in a rare PL game. The fact is, he didn't want to trust those players in the run-in because deep down, he doesn't rate their current ability in a title contending team - whatever he may think of their potential or ceiling. Vieira had his momentum completely halted by his red card and subsequent injury otherwise we may have seen more of him. Same with ESR. We saw Nketiah earlier in the season and Nelson.....well. I would imagine that those are players we will likely sell (I think Vieira might stay but be loaned or something).

samshere

Why so serieuse?

This is true, but there have been occasions where he definitely could have given more rest to some players (Saka), even if only 15 mins here and there in different games.

Not saying it cost us the title, but it’s something that could come back to haunt a guy like Saka who’s been severely overplayed at a young age. I really hope they prioritize finding a backup solution for RW
It'll cost is down the line

CannonBals

You may be correct?

Yes... a resounding yes if manged well. Saka Ødegaard has been run down to the ground while they could have taken rest on some days and be on pitch at the 60th minutes mark of required.

Also if you don't belive this then if one of Ødegaard Saka gets injured we should just close up shop.

CannonBals

This is my concern tbh. We keep talking about building the squad. But rotation is a conscious effort from the manager. Right now his approach kills any value the bench players have. Only 3 positions has been rotated LB, DM and LW. If Arteta gets his players in that position we will see similar thing we seen this season. 8 of our starters will end up with 35 or more league appearances

Only 2 for Man City will reach 35 league games.

The 3 positions you mentioned are also because he is forced to do that
1. LB.. His first choice was Zinchenko but we know how that has turned up. No one has nailed down this position. Zinchenko/Kiwior not good enough. Tomi/Timber not available.
2. DM.. This also he was forced into this... First because Jesus got injured and Rice moved to LCM and also because both Havertz CF and Rice LCM worked better. He even tried to roll back but Havertz 8 just doesn't work and personally Rice 6 also. After that Partey availability also an issue.
3. LW.. This also because in his mind still neither Trossard or Martinelli has shown they are better than the other. Once superiority is established he would play all the time.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is where having competent team behind you matters as a player. Arteta is shorting Sakas career for his own benefit and running him to the ground. His people really should get involved and tell people to get someone who can share the load with him or he better make sure he removes himself from some games. Cause this manager wont

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Eddie hasn't improved a great deal under Teta tho ??? He's being sold cos he's crap & hasn't improved, so we have to buy someone better.
Eddie has improved significantly in his alround play to be honest. He used to be a pure poacher who couldn't press, link or pass. He now does all of those things to an ok level, and if this team were where we were when Arteta arrived, Eddie would probably start a lot and score a good number of goals. He just can't do it in a ball dominant team that lives in the opponents half that plays an extremely specific and collective style.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Eddie gets 20 goals next season in a team set up that suits him, but we've seen that he's not at the level we need to be real contributor in an elite team. Sesko, by virtue of his physicality and ball striking off either foot has a much higher ceiling, though in some ways is less polished than Eddie. But given there is 4 years between them its hardly surprising.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
All fair points but we should still be ambivalent about Sesko. His numbers aren't impressive & there's something that makes me weary of a big striker with a shocking low number of headers.

Dare I say it, I don't see him being an improvement on Giroud.
Totally different player. Taller, much quicker, more two footed, just as much top flight experience despite being 5 years younger. Not as good at hold up play or fancy little flicks to teammates.

And although him being the main man was bad for this club and stupid from Wenger, Giroud was a very good signing who would have been wonderful as a rotation/bench option.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All fair points but we should still be ambivalent about Sesko. His numbers aren't impressive & there's something that makes me weary of a big striker with a shocking low number of headers.

Dare I say it, I don't see him being an improvement on Giroud.

You do know Sesko is 20 year old? Why are you comparing him to Giroud? And he is much quicker than Giroud and better dribbler. Unlike Giroud he is also two footed. I never seen Giroud score a goal like this on his weaker foot

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

You do know Sesko is 20 year old? Why are you comparing him to Giroud? And he is much quicker than Giroud and better dribbler. Unlike Giroud he is also two footed. I never seen Giroud score a goal like this on his weaker foot

Why are you so invested in his potential arrival when it's plain for all to see that, with Isak leading from the front, we'd be a much more potent force?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Because Isak is not available. You think Edu is gonna force saudi to sell their star player? And no I don’t think ffp forces them to sell. They have a whole league they can raise money off

I'd at least want us to test the waters before we admit defeat.

An approach for him could reveal 2 things:

1. How determined Isak is to emulate his idol.

2. How strong the newly resurgent Arsenal's pull is.

I really like the look of Sesko, he looks like he can link up the play really well, and is physically able to press much like we've seen from Havertz

Havertz has added a lot to the team since January when playing there regularly, and the one thing Havertz misses is that ability to take the ball into space and run at the goal, Sesko from what I've seen is full of confidence to do that

He might not be the 30 goal a season striker we all want, but I'd back him to score around 20 with the likes of Ødegaard feeding him

The concern I have with a 30 goal striker is how many goals he takes away from those around him from being completely selfish, could that ruin our way of playing and the impact of everyone chipping in

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom