• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

jaystewart

I really like the look of Sesko, he looks like he can link up the play really well, and is physically able to press much like we've seen from Havertz

Havertz has added a lot to the team since January when playing there regularly, and the one thing Havertz misses is that ability to take the ball into space and run at the goal, Sesko from what I've seen is full of confidence to do that

He might not be the 30 goal a season striker we all want, but I'd back him to score around 20 with the likes of Ødegaard feeding him

The concern I have with a 30 goal striker is how many goals he takes away from those around him from being completely selfish, could that ruin our way of playing and the impact of everyone chipping in
He hasn't scored 15 goals for one of the best teams in the Bundesliga yet, there is no chance he comes here and scores 20. The exchange rate is probably 0.6-0.7.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
He hasn't scored 15 goals for one of the best teams in the Bundesliga yet, there is no chance he comes here and scores 20. The exchange rate is probably 0.6-0.7.

He's got the same goals per minute ratio as Openda. Looking at total goals for a guy who isn't even consistently starting seems a bit pointless, no?

13 goals in 1442 minutes is a great return for a player his age, especially considering how decent his link up is as well.

If you're going to take a chance on a striker this summer I think Sesko is a fantastic choice. His ceiling is higher than pretty much anyone on the market and he provides that physicality up front Havertz has highlighted the importance of.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Let’s go with the exchange rate being 0.6-0.7. Even though guys like Haaland, cunha, Hwang and Isak all finding it easier to score in the pl

Havertz has 12 goals in 2549 mins a goal every 212 min

Sesko has 13 goals in 1437 mins. A goal every 110 min.

So at the age of 20 he has better goalscoring record even when you add that exchange.

StefanB

Considering he didn't start more than 3 games for Leipzig in the Bundesliga in 2023 and it was his first season I think you're completely wrong in claiming he won't score a bunch of goals. I don't think he's scoring 20 in his first season here, but he will easily get 10+ goals.

He first started to regularly start games for Leipzig in 2024 (17 games in total in which he started 13 of those), and in his 15 last league games he's scored 10 goals and has 2 assists. That's a goal/assist every 1,25 games. He's scored a goal in every of the last 6 games he's played, which shows that he's clearly getting a feel for the league.

If he played 30 league games with keeping the same numbers as he's had since 2024 he would get around 20 league goals and 4 assists.

StefanB

Is he better than Eddie? That is all that is required at the moment.
Energy Levels GIF by Bachelor in Paradise Canada

jaystewart

Considering he didn't start more than 3 games for Leipzig in the Bundesliga in 2023 and it was his first season I think you're completely wrong in claiming he won't score a bunch of goals. I don't think he's scoring 20 in his first season here, but he will easily get 10+ goals.

He first started to regularly start games for Leipzig in 2024 (17 games in total in which he started 13 of those), and in his 15 last league games he's scored 10 goals and has 2 assists. That's a goal/assist every 1,25 games. He's scored a goal in every of the last 6 games he's played, which shows that he's clearly getting a feel for the league.

If he played 30 league games with keeping the same numbers as he's had since 2024 he would get around 20 league goals and 4 assists.

I never said he wouldn't score a bunch of goals, I was just doubting the number you quoted.

jaystewart

He's got the same goals per minute ratio as Openda. Looking at total goals for a guy who isn't even consistently starting seems a bit pointless, no?

13 goals in 1442 minutes is a great return for a player his age, especially considering how decent his link up is as well.

If you're going to take a chance on a striker this summer I think Sesko is a fantastic choice. His ceiling is higher than pretty much anyone on the market and he provides that physicality up front Havertz has highlighted the importance of.

Coming on and scoring in the last 10 minutes of a game where the opposing team is already dead & buried is misleading. For 65m, you would expect to have at least 1 season of reliable evidence.

jaystewart

Let’s go with the exchange rate being 0.6-0.7. Even though guys like Haaland, cunha, Hwang and Isak all finding it easier to score in the pl

Havertz has 12 goals in 2549 mins a goal every 212 min

Sesko has 13 goals in 1437 mins. A goal every 110 min.

So at the age of 20 he has better goalscoring record even when you add that exchange.
Coming on and scoring in the last ten minutes of a Bundesliga game when your opponent is 3 nill down and worrying about what they are having for dinner later will make his stats look better than they are.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Coming on and scoring in the last ten minutes of a Bundesliga game when your opponent is 3 nill down and worrying about what they are having for dinner later will make his stats look better than they are.
Forget the stats then. This is before he went to bundesliga against Liverpool 2 years ago. What is it with his attributes that makes you think he will struggle in this league

Wiltord's left boot

He’s 20. There’s a lot of talk about what he is now and not much about what he could become. His raw attributes are great for his age.

People will say ‘oh but we need the finished article now’ but who is that exactly?

Haaland season before joining City was 22 goals, he then score 36 in the prem in his first season

It's not inconceivable that with better players around Sesko he'll go up a level

I'm not saying he is Haaland level by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm just saying Sesko style of play would suit us in the current system, and if Havertz can score 13 without being confident in front of goal, then I think a player who has an incredible goals to xg ratio could surprise a few people

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan

Okay, but how is that relevant when that's not what he's doing?

QNAe1Rx.png

The vast majority of his goals are as a starter, in competitive games.

jaystewart

Okay, but how is that relevant when that's not what he's doing?

QNAe1Rx.png

The vast majority of his goals are as a starter, in competitive games.
He was involved in nearly every game in the first half of the season as a substitute. A quarter of his league goals are from coming on in the last 10 minutes of a game which is already finished - I would say that is a noteworthy caveat.

His sample of games/minutes is so small, skewed by substitute performances and ridiculous form not to mention at least a quarter of these goals are in games already over by the time he scores.
These are things I would consider before spending a quoted 65 million on a player with 1) 1500 bundesliga minutes to his name 2) A expiring £40 million release clause nobody else has already triggered 3) 3 strikers already at the club already 4) a finite budget 5) needing cutting edge to top city to title.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Interesting that he seems to be a very ball to feet kind of player. We'll have two options, one that makes runs and another that comes to the ball.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was involved in nearly every game in the first half of the season as a substitute. A quarter of his league goals are from coming on in the last 10 minutes of a game which is already finished - I would say that is a noteworthy caveat.

His sample of games/minutes is so small, skewed by substitute performances and ridiculous form not to mention at least a quarter of these goals are in games already over by the time he scores.
These are things I would consider before spending a quoted 65 million on a player with 1) 1500 bundesliga minutes to his name 2) A expiring £40 million release clause nobody else has already triggered 3) 3 strikers already at the club already 4) a finite budget 5) needing cutting edge to top city to title.

I’m only seeing one goal from that period that you’re talking of which could be considered stat padding.

Coming on at 1-0 and scoring a brace, if the game’s finished it’s because he killed it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

3 strikers at the club? Nketiah is leaving and there is question marks about Jesus fitness with him missing more than 20 games each season he been here and he may need a surgery. The club will definitely sign a striker. Sesko or someone else. But a striker is coming

jaystewart

I’m only seeing one goal from that period that you’re talking of which could be considered stat padding.

Coming on at 1-0 and scoring a brace, if the game’s finished it’s because he killed it.

85th, 87th minute brace against a side who could get relegated from the Bundesliga tomorrow or via the relegation play off. Goal number 5 in a game against another team relegated tomorrow or playing the relegation play off. They are not the only ones. I don't think all goals are of equal value or created equally and these are of the variety on the lower end. His sample of total goals is so tiny, these lower quality goals make up a large percentage of his total goals. People are making amazing statistics from this tiny sample and I think it is a bit misleading... if its too good to be true. The bloke only has 1500 minutes in the Bundesliga to his name... that should be enough to air on the side of caution.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom