• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is true. I suppose its what you expect from a player considered to be WC. For me goals need to be supplemented with the ability to create and work hard also. Thats just me and my opinion.
As I said he’s been brilliant for us recently, not trying to have a go at the guy. Just think “world class”and “elite” are thrown around a lot.

Roz you do actually think about what your write in your arguments before you write them?

You are saying that people throw world class and elite around and that maybe Auba falls into that bracket were people judge him as world class very easily however you are stating that Leno is world class? You are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Roz you do actually think about what your write in your arguments before you write them?

You are saying that people throw world class and elite around and that maybe Auba falls into that bracket were people judge him as world class very easily however you are stating that Leno is world class? You are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing.
Not really, I said we have 1 WC player. Not two or three. One.
Dont try and twist the discussion, this started because you think Leno is worse than that Sp**s keeper that occasionally has a good game.

Jae

World class is a god awful term anyway. You are only as good as you are currently playing. Auba has been one of the best strikers in the top 5 leagues since he walked through our door and he still is. Consistency is the difference between good players and great players.

Why are we even discussing this in the Leno thread?

Reactions: roz

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not really, I said we have 1 WC player. Not two or three. One.
Dont try and twist the discussion, this started because you think Leno is worse than that Sp**s keeper that occasionally has a good game.

No Roz my arguement is that you said Leno was world class. Did you not?

Then you say that world class gets thrown around too easily.

Then you say the top scorer in the premier league since he has joined the league isnt world class.

roz

Fake News Merchant
No Roz my arguement is that you said Leno was world class. Did you not?

Then you say that world class gets thrown around too easily.

Then you say the top scorer in the premier league since he has joined the league isnt world class.
Nah, just gonna leave it there pal. If you want to have a go at Leno you do that.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
There's a reason his thread has only 16 pages in it, because he's been our most solid player the whole season. Leno is the least of our problems, anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. People talking about Alisson, Oblak, Ter Stegen as if we aren't in 9th place and miles off the CL. In fact without Leno we would be even further off

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's a reason his thread has only 16 pages in it, because he's been our most solid player the whole season. Leno is the least of our problems, anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. People talking about Alisson, Oblak, Ter Stegen as if we aren't in 9th place and miles off the CL. In fact without Leno we would be even further off

He isnt a huge problem but he has made 3 huge errors in since chelsea. 2 costly ones. It's a reminder to him and everyone else that he isnt as good as people think.

He is good enough for Arsenal but he is not world class or close to it which is what some fans are saying.

He needs to quickly get his **** in order otherwise all those reaction saves will count for nothing if he cant catch a simple ball in the box or cant have the common sense to kick a ball 60 yards in the last minute when your holding on to a slender lead

Ashybashy86

I already said stats don’t tell the whole story. WC players bury that last chance, WC players can do more than just finish (sometimes).
Leno plays in a team that has been defensively suspect for years.
Okay, but I hope you haven't forgotten that our greatest ever player bottled chances in the biggest game of the club's history because he was dead on his feet too.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Okay, but I hope you haven't forgotten that our greatest ever player bottled chances in the biggest game of the club's history because he was dead on his feet too.
Our greatest ever player did alot more than miss a chance in a final so yeah im good with that actually.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Our greatest ever player did alot more than miss a chance in a final so yeah im good with that actually.

Yeah because he was surrounded with better players. Auba in the Arsenal team 15 years ago would have scored bucketsful.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yeah because he was surrounded with better players. Auba in the Arsenal team 15 years ago would have scored bucketsful.
Funny, i seem to remember winning the FA cup a couple of times before the greatest most bestest stryker in da world arrived.

Malky

Established Member
The way some of the people are talking in here you'd think Leno thrown the ball into the goal himself. He conceded a corner, the defending from that corner was ****ing atrocious! He, along with Auba, are not the ones to blame for last night, if anything those two are the only reason we're still withing touching distance of the top 4/5.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Funny, i seem to remember winning the FA cup a couple of times before the greatest most bestest stryker in da world arrived.

Yes because the best teams in the world aim to win the Fa Cup or the Copa del Rey.

The FA cup is just a bonus. It's way down the priority list.

League
Champions League/Europa league
Top 4
FA cup

Nobody's going to talk about the great Arsenal side that won just an FA cup.

Wigan won an FA cup look where they are.

Manberg

Predator
Every keeper makes errors. Even the very best. It’s the timing of this Leno error that’s unfortunate.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's been one of our best players this season. Many world class goal keepers concedes corners all the time. We're here sh*ting on Leno only because it led to a goal. A goal that is not his fault.

It's amazing how mustafi and Luiz has escaped criticism for that goal. It's not like they scored from the corner. We cleared the corner and the opponent played a hopeful ball into the box that our defenders failed to deal with. Even Xhaka is more culpable for that goal because it was a dangerous pass to play at that moment to the goalkeeper.

I don't blame Leno. I blame our defending.

Reactions: roz

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He's been one of our best players this season. Many world class goal keepers concedes corners all the time. We're here sh*ting on Leno only because it led to a goal. A goal that is not his fault.

It's amazing how mustafi and Luiz has escaped criticism for that goal. It's not like they scored from the corner. We cleared the corner and the opponent played a hopeful ball into the box that our defenders failed to deal with. Even Xhaka is more culpable for that goal because it was a dangerous pass to play at that moment to the goalkeeper.

I don't blame Leno. I blame our defending.

Butterfly effect mate. With 1 minute on the clock your goalkeeper receives the ball , the opposing team is pressing to get a goal what do you do? You do the simple most basic thing in the world and kick the ball as far away from the danger as possible.

It had complacency written all over.

The defenders are not free from criticism but that was Lenos job to alleviate the pressure. He didnt he created more.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Butterfly effect mate. With 1 minute on the clock your goalkeeper receives the ball , the opposing team is pressing to get a goal what do you do? You do the simple most basic thing in the world and kick the ball as far away from the danger as possible.

It had complacency written all over.

The defenders are not free from criticism but that was Lenos job to alleviate the pressure. He didnt he created more.
But he received that pass under pressure

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yes because the best teams in the world aim to win the Fa Cup or the Copa del Rey.

The FA cup is just a bonus. It's way down the priority list.

League
Champions League/Europa league
Top 4
FA cup

Nobody's going to talk about the great Arsenal side that won just an FA cup.

Wigan won an FA cup look where they are.
The fact that you remember Wigan winning the FA cup makes your point null and void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom