• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Bernd After Reading

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

As predicted he had a chat to the German rags after the Sp**s game. No doubt he’ll be having another chat after today’s game. Guy will be pushing to leave in Jan.

Hein looks like he’s up to the job so sell the guy IMO.
No please. We need to replace him with quality if he leaves. Can't risk our season if Ramsdale gets injured.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No please. We need to replace him with quality if he leaves. Can't risk our season if Ramsdale gets injured.
Hein gives me Szczesny vibes, already got 10 caps for Estonia and looks solid at u23 level.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Guy needs to stop whining, he let in 9 goals in 3 appearances ffs. If he has of kept a couple of clean sheets and played like a prime Pat Jennings he would have a case to shoot his mouth off.

Players rarely get dropped when they are playing well but not many seem to appreciate that.

drippin

Hein gives me Szczesny vibes, already got 10 caps for Estonia and looks solid at u23 level.
Yeah, but for me that's just too risky for the season. Can ruin a GK mentally too if he makes mistakes when called upon so young.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It wasn’t American Gooner who said the 95% chance of starting thing, it was actual Martinez quotes.

Club offered Martinez a new contract according to the Athletic and he was given a 95% chance of starting the new season over a guy who was runner up POTS previously and lost his place to injury rather than incompetence.

You guys need to give the thing Martinez a rest he bottled it - the club did nothing wrong here.
Not sure what that 95% means. Either he is starting the game or he isn't. And Martinez didn't bottle it. He was brave enough to make the move and look how well it turned out to be.

drippin

Not sure what that 95% means. Either he is starting the game or he isn't. And Martinez didn't bottle it. He was brave enough to make the move and look how well it turned out to be.
95 % means that he needs to perform well in practice, and that the club can't promise a GK a starting spot.

It's obvious what can happen when a club says that you're 100 % starting no matter what. That would be idiotic.

It's baffling that Martinez didn't understand why they can't say 100 %. He doesn't seem stupid.

But I agree with him that the right choice was to leave for Villa, to chase that Argentina starting spot 100 %. And he got his deserved trophy.

We have seen with Ramsdale that Arteta doesn't give out starting spots to anyone. It's the way it has to be.

In a worse team like Villa you just know your competition for GK spot isn't that good.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Gabriel firing shots at Leno here. Great to see.

I read a Sky article today on Gabriel. The journalist said he could hear Ramsdale singing Gabriels name just before the interview 😍 All teams need characters, from that point of view Leno & Ramsdale are chalk and cheese.

The former Sheffield United goalkeeper, his infectious personality evident when he walks behind Gabriel chanting his name before this interview begins, is a vocal and authoritative presence on the pitch who has shown an impressive command of his penalty area.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Good performance and got voted MOTM.

Too good to be second choice so I think he is off in January unfortunately. Hopefully we don't end up with a back up keeper the standard of Almunia, Taylor , Runarsson or Fabianski.

Last edited:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Good performance and got voted MOTM.

Too good to be second choice so I think he is off in January unfortunately. Hopefully we don't end with a backnup keeper the standard of Almunia, Taylor , Runarsson or Fabianski.
Great to see him responding well to competition. It's early days for Ramsdale still and I think it would be a mistake to let Bernd leave in January - let them compete for the season and then make a decision, no rush.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is top, but unfortunately, he doesn't deal well with a disorganized defence, which was the case since he came here. He gets punished for that on set pieces and crosses, but I think he is an elite shot-stopper.

Ramsdale has a different personality, he leads the defence and seems to be a better fit because of that, not because of his skills

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So in the last few games at The Emirates...

Ramsdale passing like prime Pirlo and organising like prime Schmeichel.
Leno probably being our best player (in the first half) and keeping a clean sheet, looking back to his best.

Emi crying like a little ***** on the pitch, after losing 3-1 to Arsenal...

🥲

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I hope I never ever see him again playing for Arsenal. Games like this you realize the difference between him and Ramsdale. Get well soon Aaron :pray:

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom