• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Alexis was the best player in the league for one season. Don’t think the other options presented ever were. Unfair comparison, maybe. Still going with Alexis Te..Sanchez

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Alexis was the best player in the league for one season. Don’t think the other options presented ever were. Unfair comparison, maybe. Still going with Alexis Te..Sanchez

I’d have RVP as best in 2011/12. Cesc was right up there in 2009/10 as well imo.

Alexis lost out to Hazard I think a couple of times for POTY.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Banged in a goal at WBA on the final day iirc that helped get us CL football.
Reading the reactions in the Olympiakos thread when he got injured is hilarious in hindsight, we were down bad in 2011:
****ing Santos injured, great.
**** off Greece.

SO, SO ANGRY SANTOS IS INJURED. We have ZERO full backs. ****ing wicked.
Santos.... I'm gonna cry.
Wenger better have a great reason for starting Santos in the post game interview
If TV get's injured I'll be waiting at the airport for Wenger.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Should Arteta get more love? 🤔
I know he wasnt quite the top level player that the others were but you cant deny he was great pro & an excellent Captain.
After many years without silverware did we not win out 1st trophy at the emirates when he arrived & was made skipper?
He came in & gave us much needed character & leadership in the dressing room along with Per.

I actually wish we had got them a couple of years earlier tbh.

is there an argument to say that those 2 fa cup wins as skipper really could be counted as Arteta trophies rather than Arsène's who lets be honest had won sweet fa for a decade? ;) 😛

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

I know he wasnt quite the top level player that the others were but you cant deny he was great pro & an excellent Captain.
After many years without silverware did we not win out 1st trophy at the emirates when he arrived & was made skipper?
He came in & gave us much needed character & leadership in the dressing room along with Per.

I actually wish we had got them a couple of years earlier tbh.

is there an argument to say that those 2 fa cup wins as skipper really could be counted as Arteta trophies rather than Arsène's who lets be honest had won sweet fa for a decade? ;) 😛

Agree 100%, Arteta was underrated and a brilliant captain. He was able to comeback here and manage due to the high respect towards him held by his ex teammates, people around the club.

In terms of the greatest player of the Emirates era, I'd say Özil personally but it's a difficult one. For me Nasri was the most talented but lacked attitude.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Agree 100%, Arteta was underrated and a brilliant captain. He was able to comeback here and manage due to the high respect towards him held by his ex teammates, people around the club.

In terms of the greatest player of the Emirates era, I'd say Özil personally but it's a difficult one. For me Nasri was the most talented but lacked attitude.
I dont actually think we got prime Arteta as a player but you cannot underestimate what an influence he had here.

Its super tough as you say Özil & Nasri were absolutely wonderful talents. I may favour Cesc & possibly Alexis though for the combination of talent along with workrate/desire.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

giphy.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can’t look past Özil, got us 4 trophies after a barren spell, had that great season where we should’ve won the title had it not been fot Giroud. Talent, impact etc, he ticks all the boxes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The answer is Sagna, when you think about it.

All our other great Emirates players kinda left in a cloud...

Sanchez...went to a historic rival.
Özil... horrible back and fourth with the club.
Cesc...dodgy transfer to Barca.
Van Persie...went to a historic rival.
Caz...injured for the last 2 years or so.

...Bac left after winning a cup, Arsène literally kissed him goodbye...best way to end your time!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If we're keeping it a buck fifty.

1. Cesc-Midfield maestro nuff said.
2. RVP- I would have put him first but he was too injury-prone throughout his Arsenal career.
3. Sanchez-An one-man army at times, but he was frustrating at times and a ball-hog.
4. Özil-When he came he was the undisputed best playmaker in the world. His rep took a bit of a hit but still a class player for us when he cared. First global superstar Arsenal bought since Bergkamp in the 90s
5. Cazorla-He never reached the heights of the guys above but he was amazing to watch and the last world class CM we had.

My personal faves were Sagna, Wilshere, and my lil bro Saka will be top 5 Emirates player OAT

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The answer is Sagna, when you think about it.

All our other great Emirates players kinda left in a cloud...

Sanchez...went to a historic rival.
Özil... horrible back and fourth with the club.
Cesc...dodgy transfer to Barca.
Van Persie...went to a historic rival.
Caz...injured for the last 2 years or so.

...Bac left after winning a cup, Arsène literally kissed him goodbye...best way to end your time!

Sagna might not of had the impact Cesc, RVP, Santi or Alex's had on the team however he probably was the most consistent player of the Emirates Era.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom