• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Betting on Football Thread 15/16

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Re: Betting on Football Thread 10/11

Nah don't do any of that, wouldn't even know if theres value in it.

Made a few small bets for fun today. I put €3 on both Torres and Lampard to win PFA player of the year, both at 11/1. I then put €2 on Steve Bruce to win the sack race at 18/1 and €8 on Givens next club to be Fulham at 13/8.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Armor for Sleep said:
Nah don't do any of that, wouldn't even know if theres value in it.

Made a few small bets for fun today. I put €3 on both Torres and Lampard to win PFA player of the year, both at 11/1. I then put €2 on Steve Bruce to win the sack race at 18/1 and €8 on Givens next club to be Fulham at 13/8.
Where was that?

Edit - Found it on Paddy Power. Good bet.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

Ye Gael, if you see me promote a bet, just presume its with Paddy.

I'm facing my demons today - 200 quid on Pool at home to win at 1/4. Last time I made this exact bet I gave up betting for 3 months (lost another hundred on Sp**s the same day though).

James

Established Member

It'll probably come in...but given the price, and the side Liverpool are likely to put out, i would never touch that. I'd rather back City @ 4/7. Them on the -1 handicap looks quite attractive @ 6/4 actually.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

Real Madrid at 4/5 with -1 handicap seems like a decent bet to me. I think they could put a few past Ajax tonight.

Captain

Established Member

6/5 for both teams to score in our game on Skybet looks good. Nothing is really jumping out at me though.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Think it might be worthwhile to bet on the scoreline in the Arsenal-Braga game. I'm tempted to try out 4-0 and some of the nearby bets (4-0, 4-1, 5-0, 5-1).

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict

Captain said:
Anyone have any tips for tonight?

I think 4/6 for Marseille to win is a very decent bet.

Also 21/10 for a -2 handicap on Madrid looks tasty as I think things will start clicking for Mourinho's men tonight.

Both on Paddy Power.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Got a couple of bets going -

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Marseille...

Arsenal -1, Shakhtar Donetsk...

UTD lost me money yesterday, had them with Barca -1, Valencia and Benfica...

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict

Damn, Madrid cost me. Luckily I went against myself and put a few on Moscow, so no harm done.

At this rate I'll be a pundit at the BBC.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Think it might be worthwhile to bet on the scoreline in the Arsenal-Braga game. I'm tempted to try out 4-0 and some of the nearby bets (4-0, 4-1, 5-0, 5-1).
Did anyone else play on the result? I went for 4-0, 4-1, 5-0, 5-1, 6-0 and 6-1 with 10 quid on each. Made a pure profit of almost 200 quid.

Captain

Established Member

Backed Cesc first scorer and Chamakh anytime so had a small win; nothing to shout about.

Lost both my accas and the bet on both teams scoring.

mistaT

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Did anyone else play on the result? I went for 4-0, 4-1, 5-0, 5-1, 6-0 and 6-1 with 10 quid on each. Made a pure profit of almost 200 quid.

Glad you made it to the 6-0 Klaus....your original post had me thinking you'd fallen just short :D

Plans for the weekend? Lot of ambiguous games in the EPl so not sure what I'll be betting....maybe Chamakh first to score.

James

Established Member

Just paid out a 6-0 Vela last goal scorecast @ 110/1

Great shout.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

mistaT said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Glad you made it to the 6-0 Klaus....your original post had me thinking you'd fallen just short :D

Plans for the weekend? Lot of ambiguous games in the EPl so not sure what I'll be betting....maybe Chamakh first to score.
Haha, cheers. I didn't bet on it originally but as soon as we scored that first goal I got the feeling that we would do them by numbers so I used the live-betting to place another two bets. I'm glad I did.

I haven't had a good, long look at the weekend yet but I think it's gonna be difficult to predict the Premier League results accurately too. United and City looks like a good double though.

If I were to back any Arsenal player to score first against Sunderland I'd rather back Cesc. He's in electric form, and he's also our main penalty taker. Chamakh, meanwhile, makes life very hard for the Premiership defenders and he might well win us another penalty in this game.

Juventus (away to Udinese) and Real Madrid looks like good bets otherwise. I might single a draw between Kaiserslautern and Hoffenheim too. The odds is pretty good and neither team looks like they're keen on either winning or losing.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
I might single a draw between Kaiserslautern and Hoffenheim too. The odds is pretty good and neither team looks like they're keen on either winning or losing.
The game just ended, final result 2-2. Odds were at 5.05 on a draw. Starting to regret that I only put a fiver on it.

mistaT

Established Member

F'n Darren Bent.

Got my Cesc first goalscorer to cut down my losses but c'mon.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom