• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Betting On Football Thread 2016/17

Baller

@OG J0E Thanks for this thread mate.
Do you put varying amounts of money on each bet according to the odds or just the same amount on each to spread the risk?

I've backed some of your suggestions tonight with quite small money so we'll see how it goes :)

OG J0E

@OG J0E Thanks for this thread mate.
Do you put varying amounts of money on each bet according to the odds or just the same amount on each to spread the risk?

I've backed some of your suggestions tonight with quite small money so we'll see how it goes :)
Yeah I usually stake in order to win a certain amount, rather than staking the same amount each time. Tonight was 50/50 across my bets or slightly below, Atletico were a big disappointment with 31 shots but only 2 goals. Hoping for better from Real, Sevilla, Leicester and Monaco tomorrow.

OG J0E

Skybet have overpriced a lot of Champions League group winners for some reason.
Napoli @ 1.91 when with every other bookie they're 1.62-1.80.
Real @ 1.50 as opposed to 1.25-1.40.
Leicester @ 1.20 instead of 1.07-1.18.
Juve @ 1.44 instead of 1.33-1.40.
Bayern to come 2nd in their group, which is now the same as Atletico to come 1st, is 1.62 as opposed to 1.40-1.50 everywhere else.

Chuck them in some multiples and that's a lot of extra value, only a month or so to wait for the winnings too.

OG J0E

Lots more mismatches in the CL tonight and tomorrow, gone mostly for the reverse of results from two weeks ago:

Atletico -2.0 vs Rostov @ 1.71
Benfica -0.75 vs Dynamo Kiev @ 1.88
City +0.5 vs Barca @ 1.70
Bayern -1.0 away at PSV @ 1.74

Leicester +0.5 away at Copenhagen @ 1.75
Real -2.5 away at Legia @ 1.85
Monaco to beat CSKA @ 1.86
Sevilla -1.5 vs Zagreb @ 1.71
~4/7, with Bayern refunded. Complete bottlejob by Real after that bet looked good about half an hour in. 4-2-4 is a formation that will get you ruined in away games, even if the opposition has no fans.

crazyman

Bets for NLD:

Arsenal Win: Evens
Arsenal (-1.0) 13/5
Arsenal Win & Alexis Anytime Scorer: 13/5
No Sp**s Goalscorer: 21/10

OG J0E

Had a bet on us to win too, even more gutted. Took Liverpool to win by 2 or more against Watford and Bournemouth to beat Sunderland, who somehow managed to win despite having a player sent off and about a quarter of the good chances Bournemouth had, so only 1/3 this weekend.

STYLEZ

Today I have.

Germany
France
England
Denmark
Slovakia
Ajax (women)
Purtugal (u21)
Bayern Munich II
N. Ireland
Costa Rica

All for the win

Looks all done apart from Costa rice away to Trinidad at 11pm UK time

£5 pays £290

Come on

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I see value in Georgia vs Moldova tomorrow - Georgia might be 2nd from bottom but I've watched their games, they should've beaten Wales and they should have taken the lead 2 or 3 times against Ireland. Moldova are obviously terrible. I wanted to take them -2 but that's not available on betvictor, so I've taken Georgia over 2.5 goals (which is essentially the same) at 14/5. Obviously not a banker but I see value having watched them play Ireland and Wales.

STYLEZ

Today I have.

Germany
France
England
Denmark
Slovakia
Ajax (women)
Purtugal (u21)
Bayern Munich II
N. Ireland
Costa Rica

All for the win

Looks all done apart from Costa rice away to Trinidad at 11pm UK time

£5 pays £290

Come on

Well this one come in for me lads not everyday you win an 10 team accumulator.

Over the moon

Giroud

Established Member
I see value in Georgia vs Moldova tomorrow - Georgia might be 2nd from bottom but I've watched their games, they should've beaten Wales and they should have taken the lead 2 or 3 times against Ireland. Moldova are obviously terrible. I wanted to take them -2 but that's not available on betvictor, so I've taken Georgia over 2.5 goals (which is essentially the same) at 14/5. Obviously not a banker but I see value having watched them play Ireland and Wales.

Moldova also look to be approaching Gibraltar, San Marino level. Good luck, looks a good bet.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Georgia drawing 1-1 with the game nearly over. They scored early and were reasonably comfortable until Moldova scored. Never looked like making my -2 bet although they could've had a pen at 1-0. Hope you guys didn't put much on them.

Don't know how they've gone from outplaying Wales in Cardiff to struggling against Moldova at home.

OG J0E

Value in these for the weekend IMO:

Liverpool to win at Southampton @2.15
Everton -1.0 at home to Swansea @2.02
Watford draw-no-bet at home to Leicester @2.03
Sunderland to beat Hull at home @ 2.20
Both teams to score in Stoke-Bournemouth @1.77
West Brom to beat Burnley at home @2.00

OG J0E

Value in these for the weekend IMO:

Liverpool to win at Southampton @2.15
Everton -1.0 at home to Swansea @2.02
Watford draw-no-bet at home to Leicester @2.03
Sunderland to beat Hull at home @ 2.20
Both teams to score in Stoke-Bournemouth @1.77
West Brom to beat Burnley at home @2.00
3/6, down slightly because the Stoke-Bournemouth stake was larger. Thank you Bojan, you ****. For this week's CL games, taking:

Leicester to beat Brugge @1.70
Sevilla draw-no-bet against Juve @1.98
Monaco draw-no-bet against Sp**s @2.04
+ gone big on Dortmund -2.5 at home to Legia @2.00

Atletico -1.5 against PSV @2.00
Bayern -1.5 away at Rostov @1.80
+ probably value in both teams to score in our game @1.77

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom