• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Born to play in England

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fantastic read.

Thnx alot bobby !

It has been known for friends to beg him to let them go home. 'You must come soon, I am going to beat you,' he threatens.

That part is hilarious !!

JazzG

Established Member
Fantastic interview, especially the part about Henry being one of his best friends. You wouldn't of thought so looking at them play together last season but I really hope this partnership develops, if it gels as quickly as I hope then I think we have a great chance of retaining the title and going that one step further in the CL. Good to see he watches RvN play carefully as well because he is another very clever striker. He also says everyone in the squad are equal and this should put to rest some myths about some players thinking they are bigger and better than others.

As many know I'm a big fan of his and was before he joined us, couldn't believe it when he did join us but now I'm hoping we see him fulfill his potential, because if he does we will simply have the most lethal partnership in Europe upfront.

shaz

"The rest of the time, he takes his English lessons and plays football on his PlayStation,"

this dude lives and breaths football.. how can you not have someone like that. ;D

Gator

Jose is gunna be a star, you can just tell it, he oozes class. He is always smiling and enthusiastic about his football.
Henry is one of my best friends in the squad. He speaks a bit of Spanish too and I speak a bit of English. I spend lots of time with him and with Vieira. It is fantastic to be so close to Henry, I look at him and learn movements, technical gestures, and attitude. I don't think by a long way we have seen the best of me. I tend to watch carefully Thierry.
Excellent to see, hopefully next season they will hit it off, if those two could work together to good effect consistently, Premiership Defenses won't know what to do next season :)
I don't think by a long way we have seen the best of me

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
shaz said:
"The rest of the time, he takes his English lessons and plays football on his PlayStation,"

this dude lives and breaths football.. how can you not have someone like that. ;D
We have plenty of those. The most obvious being Kolo Toure.

A.Hussain

with such down to earth players who embody wenger's love for the game, we have only one way to go and that is up. 8)

A

Anonymous

that was a fantastic interview
u cant helpl loving this guy hes 100% commited and his work rate in games is unbelieveable and he achieves all this with a smile on his face all the time

Soler

Established Member
Excuse me while I laugh:

'[Thierry] Henry is, along with Lauren, one of my best friends in the squad. He speaks a bit of Spanish too and I speak a bit of English. I spend lots of time with him and with Vieira. It is fantastic to be so close to Henry, I look at him and learn movements, technical gestures, and attitude. I don't think by a long way we have seen the best of me. I tend to watch carefully Thierry and van Nistelrooy. All forwards have something to learn from those two.'

Who else finds that funny?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Excuse me while I laugh:

'[Thierry] Henry is, along with Lauren, one of my best friends in the squad. He speaks a bit of Spanish too and I speak a bit of English. I spend lots of time with him and with Vieira. It is fantastic to be so close to Henry, I look at him and learn movements, technical gestures, and attitude. I don't think by a long way we have seen the best of me. I tend to watch carefully Thierry and van Nistelrooy. All forwards have something to learn from those two.'

Who else finds that funny?

I find it more annoying than funny - the fact that my favourite player likes my least favourite player is just crap !

I'll just act like i never read that bit. :roll:

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
Fantastic interview, especially the part about Henry being one of his best friends. You wouldn't of thought so looking at them play together last season but I really hope this partnership develops, if it gels as quickly as I hope then I think we have a great chance of retaining the title and going that one step further in the CL. Good to see he watches RvN play carefully as well because he is another very clever striker. He also says everyone in the squad are equal and this should put to rest some myths about some players thinking they are bigger and better than others.

As many know I'm a big fan of his and was before he joined us, couldn't believe it when he did join us but now I'm hoping we see him fulfill his potential, because if he does we will simply have the most lethal partnership in Europe upfront.

agree. i too was a big fan of reyes pre-arsenal. the henry thing surprised me too. i'm hoping the differences last year was purely footballing, in that they needed time to adapt to each other's movement. he can learn from rvn definately. when we counter, the first thing you notice is how quickly reyes moves off the ball towards the goal. that aspect of his game is natural, but very raw. from someone like rvn he can learn to choose the direction of his runs better.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with you wholeheartedly pat. He would improve his positional sense immencely if he did this. He would know where the danger areas are and when to get there. Quality player always willing to learn.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
agree. i too was a big fan of reyes pre-arsenal. the henry thing surprised me too. i'm hoping the differences last year was purely footballing, in that they needed time to adapt to each other's movement. he can learn from rvn definately. when we counter, the first thing you notice is how quickly reyes moves off the ball towards the goal. that aspect of his game is natural, but very raw. from someone like rvn he can learn to choose the direction of his runs better.

I agree, RvN is very clever with his runs and more often than not his runs are very good, with Reyes his runs are really improving since he has come. Before the more I think about the more I believe that one of the problems with him and Henry was Reyes usually wasn't in a good position so Henry wasn't gonna pass to him,

Also another thing which impressed me about Reyes today was his determination, Man utd had a freekick and Giggs layed it off to Scholes, Reyes came running out and blocked it, 30 secs later he blocked another ball. Went in for 50-50 with Keane and generally didn't stop trying. Great stuff and I was so pleased, I wasn't bothered about the result, I was bothered about how Reyes, Cesc and Pennant would play, the other 2 had good games but Reyes was brilliant.

In Spain he was known as a big game player, notice in his short time at Arsenal who his best performances have come against, Chelsea and Man utd. We have needed a big game player for a while now as half our lot usually go missing, could Reyes be this player. When one player performs under big pressure others usually respond, just like in 1999 against Juve when Keane started playing well the whole team responded.

Alexone234

did anyone hear Martin tyler when he said "Reyes ambition is to play every minute of Arsenals campaign"

nice words son

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What happened to Aliadiere in the match. He came on, got injured, and was stretchered off and subbed. I hope it's not a serious injury.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom