• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Alves

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He is a good backup though, he is strong, he isnt a poor defender because of yesterday guys.

Jameel46

Established Member
longrufus said:
One poor decision does not define him as a good or bad player.

no it doesn't but it does show a level of arrogance on his part, not looking while passing in your own half against Man United and not knowing that one of their players was sniffing around and he didn't look to bothered about it.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Well Gerrard has done it quite often, so I suppose he was showing arrogance aswell?

Totally agree with Longrufus.

kamikaze80

Established Member
ibby's the only one who said no thanks - the rest of us were just remarking on how idiotic that play was. he did look pretty devastated, btw. fair play to his CB partner for telling him to keep his head up afterwards.

longrufus

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
longrufus said:
One poor decision does not define him as a good or bad player.
No it doesn't but it does show a level of arrogance on his part, not looking while passing in your own half against Man United and not knowing that one of their players was sniffing around and he didn't look to bothered about it.
Why bother explain what happened, we know what happened, he knows what happened, and im sure he feels it more than anyone. Its a mistake, what defines good players is the ability to put it behind you and continue to perform. If you were to dismiss every player that has made a mistake then you wouldn't have a player left in football.

Jameel46

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Well Gerrard has done it quite often, so I suppose he was showing arrogance aswell?

Totally agree with Longrufus.

There's a difference between a defender being arrogant and an attacker being arrogant. And if you people actually paid any attention you'd have read that I agreed but also explained the meaning of what he did.

Longrufus said:
Why bother explain what happened, we know what happened, he knows what happened, and im sure he feels it more than anyone. Its a mistake, what defines good players is the ability to put it behind you and continue to perform. If you were to dismiss every player that has made a mistake then you wouldn't have a player left in football.

1. This is a thread on Bruno Alves who we're supposedly being linked with.
2. Seeing as this is a thread on him, I mentioned a significant mistake he made in a big match.
3. I agreed that the mistake itself didn't mean he's a bad player.
4. I explained what his mistake indicated about his attitude at the time.

I try not to call people stupid, but the most important thing is to not give me reason to do so...(I'll add a smilie in order not to offend) :wink:

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Soft link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/05/10/Arsène-wenger-to-target-gary-cahill-from-bolton-and-bruno-alves-of-porto-for-arsenal-115875-21347641/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21347641/</a>

And Gary Cahill

Webdesignlab

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
You have to change manually the auto-correct on 'Arsène' in the URL - de-accent the first 'e'.

Curse that great little accent thing.

Try typing Toure or Arsène without accent and ... see?

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom