Bruno Guimarães

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by field442, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Eh, if you lived in Curitiba like I did you know that that H has a lot to do with how they want to be perceived and how the south here Brazil is.

It goes deeper.

2. Arsenio Venger

Arsenio Venger Well-Known Member

He's basically as old as Mertens when you think about it

Vibra likes this.
  3. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

ffs we have to wheel him in for his Emirates presentation

Vibra and Arsenio Venger like this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Need to hijack the deal.

James Bond likes this.
  5. El Duderino

Gazeta is a local paper and are reliable. Benfica has a fee agreed, but we came in at the last second, since as APs president said, we wanted to deal in June.

Atletico want a 20% to 30% sell on, on top of the 25m euro mentioned. Maybe the pound being expensive as **** in BRL can tip the balance to our favor, but that is one huge ass sell on.

We'd likely have to pay more to get him with better clauses.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

20% sell on doesn't sound alot to be fair but think our main problem is with 3rd party partnership

7. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Would love to bring him in and send Willock out on loan.

8. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Not to impressed by his comps on youtube that's saying a lot since youtube is supposed to show your best, He looks frail, no shot, let benfica have him surely we must have better targets than this lined up. And where's our bloody defender ?, tired of being linked to midfielders especially ones like this.

9. blrgooner

blrgooner Well-Known Member

Not sure about how good the player is but I am happy with the profile. I actually hope we are looking at our midfield as an area to strengthen

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  10. Vantastico

Vantastico Well-Known Member

You would think if its between Benfica and us for the same fee, Benfica seems like a more reliable outlet for a Brazilian club to do business with. We'll only have interest in their gems and haggle over prices down to the penny, whereas Benfica will buy their players in bunches hoping one of them pans out and they can sell on to some shady agent-linked club for 45m.

11. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Yet another midfielder. We need a DEFENCE!

Also, his stats leave a lot to be desired.

12. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

Not 2 meters tall. Clearly not tall enough for the league.

tcahill and Vantastico like this.
  13. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Give them Mustafi in return as well.

14. El Duderino

Mustafi wouldn't survive a day there, given how organized supporter groups (read: ultras) behave here.

15. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Mod Edit: you've wish harm on Arsenal players enough now, one more and it's a ban

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2020
  16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Midfield is the best form of defence

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    yybecause likes this.
  17. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Can't say the prospects of this move excites me. Doesn't seem like a player that will move the needle for us in midfield. His highlight videos reminded me of Xhaka, seems similarly slow on the ball with good passing and decent defensive contribution.

Let Benfica have him. There are better midfield prospects to look at in the summer.

18. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Quite a few people saying he is like Xhaka after watching his youtube clip. Not sure what you are watching, but from the clip, he can spray the ball, find an incisive pass, play throughballs, turn on a six pence, drive into space and tackle. Not bad traits to have in the centre of the pitch. Hard to judge how fast he is, but he runs past and away from people, so he isn't slow.

I thought Arteta's answer to Kessie was interesting. 'Not at the moment', where as everyone else had a flat out no.

DanDare likes this.
  19. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Yeah I don't really get the Xhaka comparisons.

20. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Kessié is an interesting one and I think there is a good player there and imo he suits the pl. not sure what he would cost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.