• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuBB

And that he did.

Doesn’t really bother me. It was always a possibility, which is why I said what I said because I’m an adult who understands that players play well but sometimes they don’t. But it’s become a bit of a thing here that once a player is linked he A. Has to play well in every game or else (see: Zubimendi) and B. He dare not even get a knock or he’s a crock.

Players are scouted and analysed for months if not years before they’re linked to a club, and fans only start paying attention after.

I still think he’s a great player and a good fit in more ways than one, and I’m not so much of a goldfish that the last thing he does convinces me that it’s all he can do. If clubs scouted and bought players like fans we’d be buying Amad, Amrabat, or even worse, Bruno Fernandes, based off of last nights game and probably sell Ødegaard based on how he performed at that same ground a few days earlier.

Bruno G plays way more good games than bad ones in the same league we play in, and I’d still be excited if we bought him.

A good example of this AM thinking was us being linked with Rice, fans starting to watch WH games and many peoples takeaway was “if you’re gonna spend £100m, buy Paqueta, not Rice.”

So I’m gonna fall back and let you guys have this one and keep daydreaming about a player we’re not even legitimately linked with over the one we sort of are 😂

I’m not anti FDJ by the way. I’m just not going to do that typical fan thing of wishlisting a player, and then using that wishlisted player as a stick to beat the player we actually end up with.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Doesn’t really bother me. It was always a possibility, which is why I said what I said because I’m an adult who understands that players play well but sometimes they don’t. But it’s become a bit of a thing here that once a player is linked he A. Has to play well in every game or else (see: Zubimendi) and B. He dare not even get a knock or he’s a crock.

Players are scouted and analysed for months if not years before they’re linked to a club, and fans only start paying attention after.

I still think he’s a great player and a good fit in more ways than one, and I’m not so much of a goldfish that the last thing he does convinces me that it’s all he can do. If clubs scouted and bought players like fans we’d be buying Amad, Amrabat, or even worse, Bruno Fernandes, based off of last nights game and probably sell Ødegaard based on how he performed at that same ground a few days earlier.

Bruno G plays way more good games than bad ones in the same league we play in, and I’d still be excited if we bought him.

A good example of this AM thinking was us being linked with Rice, fans starting to watch WH games and many peoples takeaway was “if you’re gonna spend £100m, buy Paqueta, not Rice.”

So I’m gonna fall back and let you guys have this one and keep daydreaming about a player we’re not even legitimately linked with over the one we sort of are 😂

I’m not anti FDJ by the way. I’m just not going to do that typical fan thing of wishlisting a player, and then using that wishlisted player as a stick to beat the player we actually end up with.

You told us to watch HIM, only him, closely and envisage what he could bring to our side. Well, here is what I saw:

- A player who is stiff on the ball, slow to turn, not agile, no guile, not press resistant, lost the ball when pressed.

- A player who isn’t mobile, struggles to get up and down the pitch.

- A player who loses all aerial duels.

- A player who throws his arms around.

- A player who couldn’t replace Rice if anything were to happen to him.

- A player who can’t do what Partey can do.

- A player who is not better than Jorginho

- A player who can’t carry the ball or dribble his way out of tight situations.

- A player who looks to be on a downwards trend.

- A player with s*** hair.

Gn1212

You told us to watch HIM, only him, closely and envisage what he could bring to our side. Well, here is what I saw:

- A player who is stiff on the ball, slow to turn, not agile, no guile, not press resistant, lost the ball when pressed.

Tbh, he ain't awful. If we could get him for 30ish million I wouldn't mind him.
But for 80-100m, no way. A player with his flaws can't be in that bracket.

Ideally we should aim for a player that can play with or instead Rice.
Bruno can do former but not the latter.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Watch some other performances by him, then. Maybe he was fatigued or carrying a knock in this one. Because your description of him sounds nothing like the Bruno G I've watched over the years.

Gn1212

Watch some other performances by him, then. Maybe he was fatigued or carrying a knock in this one. Because your description of him sounds nothing like the Bruno G I've watched over the years.
Maybe you should watch some other performances by him?

Things like him being slow and bad in the air are who he is.
In no way can he do what Rice does. He's far closer to Jorginho as a player.
And like Jorginho, he needs someone like Rice to cover his deficiencies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Maybe you should watch some other performances by him?

Things like him being slow and bad in the air are who he is.
In no way can he do what Rice does. He's far closer to Jorginho as a player.
And like Jorginho, he needs someone like Rice to cover his deficiencies.
I've watched him plenty of times.

I don't think of Bruno G as a Rice alternative, I think of him as a Partey/Jorginho replacement.

I favor FDJ or Paquetá, but would be fine with Bruno G.

Ripe Banana

YOU should watch other performances by him. I still recall Newcastle fans complaining about him not being able to control midfield against any decent opposition.
Forget about being awful at keeping hold of the ball when pressed, the fact that he can't motor up and down the field as a midfielder should be enough to toss the idea of him out.

Bloodbather

Established Member

YOU should watch other performances by him. I still recall Newcastle fans complaining about him not being able to control midfield against any decent opposition.
Forget about being awful at keeping hold of the ball when pressed, the fact that he can't motor up and down the field as a midfielder should be enough to toss the idea of him out.
Stats paint a completely different picture. If Newcastle fans expect him to control a midfield by himself playing next to workhorses with no ability to dictate play, that's on them. His progressive passing numbers are excellent, as are his take-ons.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I have. I've watched a lot. He was top class after he signed, maybe for a year - Jan-Jan. But for a year and a half, he hasn't been up to that standard, looks to be on a downward trajectory to me. His perfomances for Brazil have been very underwhelming too.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Tbh, he ain't awful. If we could get him for 30ish million I wouldn't mind him.
But for 80-100m, no way. A player with his flaws can't be in that bracket.

Ideally we should aim for a player that can play with or instead Rice.
Bruno can do former but not the latter.

Yes, exactly this, we need a player who can play 6 and 8, a player with the ability to carry the ball and cover ground. Bruno isn't that imo.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We need a highly technical CM to connect from defence to attack. Who can play either in a 6 or an 8.

Basically a Santi MK2 when he was shifted in to CM.

Our ball retention when pressed is worse than Sp**s and city. We need to up our technical level because it simply isn't strong enough and got exposed against Bayern and when under general pressure.

Zumbundi the Sociedad player looks like the complete player highly technical with a combative edge. Not this guy. We already have rice.

Gn1212

I've watched him plenty of times.

I don't think of Bruno G as a Rice alternative, I think of him as a Partey/Jorginho replacement.

I favor FDJ or Paquetá, but would be fine with Bruno G.
I'm failing to see the connection between the Paqueta and Frenkie/Bruno.

Paqueta is an attacking midfielder. Frenkie and Bruno are deep lying playmakers.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I think the statement of signing a highly technical press resistant player is the most appropriate for our needs. Someone with physical and technical attributes. Basically a complete midfielder which is extremely hard to find.

I watch De Jong a lot and he is nice on the ball but plays very safe balls to retain possession and when pressed he goes backwards or loses the physical battle.

We need a player similar to Tonali who was all over the pitch for Newcastle, attacking the box, nice passing from deep and a goal threat. Partey, Jorginho and Rice are great deeper options so we can afford to have another box to box option there.

Don't see the value in Bruno, at his best he is brilliant and exactly the type of player we need, but I have seen so many performances where he ghosts or has lapses in concentration which result in goals or big chances for the opposition, also maybe my view is slightly tinged with how much hate he had for us because we dared to talk about him joining and then pulled out.....

With the fee Newcastle would demand we could get Paulhinha and Paqueta, or Gibbs White and Zubimendi for the same kind of fee and give us the depth we so desperately need in our midfield

We have a very very strong midfield when everyone is fit, but it's the depth we need now, we HAVE to win a trophy next season, whether that be League, FA Cup, Champions league or even league cup, because I fear if we do not some of our younger players will start to look elsewhere, so having the squad to challenge is now as important as adding in the gold dust players, we are very very close, but having the ability to rotate and each player feel under pressure to perform for fear of being dropped is the next step

Both of those players have £80m price tags, probably more now in Paqueta’s case.
Perhaps, I thought Bayern had agreed 60m and I feel his performances this season (below his previous standard largely through sulking), plus the fact he's a year further on his contract would reduce it

I probably am being a bit optimistic, but even so I think both are more valuable to us as a team on their own than Bruno would be

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom