• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
27 this year, not so sure the club will pay what Newcastle want for him. Very good player though and Arteta loves a player from the PL.

Goonger

In an alternative universe we have EMI Martinez and Bruno G playing for us, with Kai and Jesus diving and moaning all over the place, and Arteta prowling the touchline like a jacked up Hyena.

The neutrals favourite!! :D

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This doesn't bode well for Ødegaard... Imagine 4 centrebacks in defence and Guimares and Rice in midfield. Super conservative line up, something has to give. You either go with 2 in midfield and 4 attackers (i.e Havertz roaming and putting a defensive shift in like he does) or go for a very progressive midfielder alongside Rice and Guimares. Ødegaard doesn't fit into either picture.

Bizarre conclusion to draw.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
This doesn't bode well for Ødegaard... Imagine 4 centrebacks in defence and Guimares and Rice in midfield. Super conservative line up, something has to give. You either go with 2 in midfield and 4 attackers (i.e Havertz roaming and putting a defensive shift in like he does) or go for a very progressive midfielder alongside Rice and Guimares. Ødegaard doesn't fit into either picture.
As if we are gonna bench our best player & captain. 😂

jaystewart

Guimares is a very progressive midfielder 84th percentile for assists, 70th percentile for non penalty goals, 90th percentile for progressive passes, 97th percentile for take ons. He's also defensively has plenty of bite.
When I’ve seen Newcastle, he is their deepest lying midfielder. I’d argue most of those take ons are probably him beating the press and those progressive passes are in his own half. That situation at Newcastle doesn’t map itself to arsenals 60% possession in the final third in my mind. Perhaps Rice will play left side of midfield instead, which is scarier.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom