• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
If we go for Guimaraes, then I dont think we'll get another 8/10 profile. One of, or both Smith Rowe and Vieira would probably fill that role on our left side, particularly if Timber comes back. Timber is able to give us that width down our left side, allowing Martinelli/Trossard to tuck in on that left side and have a source of creativity from deep.

It also means to me that TP5 gets sent packing in the summer.

Guimaraes is a 6, but he can find players between the lines and be a situational 8 as well, like how Xhaka was for us in 22/23. Two further questions I have for Bruno are whether he can play as a lone six giving Rice a rest, and whether getting him kills any potential of getting Isak. I really want Isak.

You don't want him playing lone 6 all the time ideally, he can do it a reasonable service there but you want him in a pivot or playing 8 to get the best out of him. Partey (when fit) paired with Bruno would be great, you could play a midfield 3 of Partey, Bruno and Rice :lol: in the tough away games for example.

I'd keep Vieira as you mentioned good via transitions and wicked final ball/ball striking. He has more to his games than ESR who ideally we should look to sell.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We have quite a few players that would sweeten any deal with Newcastle. They’ve been interested in ESR and Ramsdale haven’t they?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imo he not 100M player but would go 70M if Newcastle requested that can see them request higher but that depends how desperate they are financially

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Never been so conflicted. Part of me knows he’s a good player, the other part of me can’t get over what a **** he’s been when we’ve played him.

I still like @Rasmi ‘s boy Fofana, especially if Jorginho is staying
It’s just not wise financial move imo. He has 100 million release clause in June which clubs have to buy otherwise I don’t see us negotiating with them.

Even someone like Caqueret makes a lot more sense

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Much rather Paqueta he’s exactly what we need in midfield. Strength, tenacious, technical ability, has played with Rice and would take the creative burden off Ødegaard
Yes, please. Would love to have Paqueta. Not this savage.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Apart from what a disgustingly dirty player this savage is, he also trolled us in his announcement video to Newcastle. Elbowed Jorghino violently for no reason during our match and then TAUNTED him to get up. Targeted him twice. Ball was nowhere to be seen.

Not a fan of this rumour to say the least. Are we really that desperate?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Apart from what a disgustingly dirty player this savage is, he also trolled us in his announcement video to Newcastle. Elbowed Jorghino violently for no reason during our match and then TAUNTED him to get up. Targeted him twice. Ball was nowhere to be seen.

Not a fan of this rumour to say the least. Are we really that desperate?

I don't know bro, just imagine him doing that to Harry Kane in the CL next season if it makes you feel better about it

LookingForEric

You know what I don’t watch much of Newcastle and have rarely paid attention to this guy in particular. BUTTT…

He’s actually pretty silky. 5 goals and 6 assists from a deeper mid role for Newcastle.

Passing range also seems way better than I thought. He’s had 2 years in the PL as well, perfect time to move and he’s perfectly acclimatised.

I think Bruno, Rice and Ødegaard has the potential to be the best midfield in Europe.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You know what I don’t watch much of Newcastle and have rarely paid attention to this guy in particular. BUTTT…

He’s actually pretty silky. 5 goals and 6 assists from a deeper mid role for Newcastle.

Passing range also seems way better than I thought. He’s had 2 years in the PL as well, perfect time to move and he’s perfectly acclimatised.

I think Bruno, Rice and Ødegaard has the potential to be the best midfield in Europe.
He’s the perfect CM to not restrict either Rice or Ødegaard. He’s just quite unlikeable and probably a year or 2 too old for the fee it will require to get him.

LookingForEric

He’s the perfect CM to not restrict either Rice or Ødegaard. He’s just quite unlikeable.

Maybe that’s a good thing, you need some characters like that. Everyone aside from Arsenal fans seem to hate Ben white due to his antics.

As soon as he makes that first massive tackle or scores we would all love him.

LookingForEric

80-100m you want a quality 21-25 year old, especially for a Brazilian, they don’t seem to age well in football, just my opinion.

Can’t really disagree with this given Bruno is 27 this year.

On the flip side you are paying for a right now player, someone who comes in and even if it’s a small amount, elevates you. He’d be here on a 5/6 year deal and if he’s the difference to winning titles then fair play.

If we compare him to Watkins for example who’s almost 29 and would command a similar fee I’d much prefer the CM in Bruno.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In a recent interview, he picked Rooney over Henry in a quickfire round

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Btw i read the last few pages of a toon forum in his thread. There is no mention of us, also apparently hes buying a new house in the area. They keep harping on about his RC. Not sure if hes worth north of 80m?

CannonBals

80-100m you want a quality 21-25 year old, especially for a Brazilian, they don’t seem to age well in football, just my opinion.

I agree if there were other options of a player with similar quality available in that age range.
Not sure if there is any anywhere close.

We also signed Partey when he was the same age. For DMs/CMs its difficult to shine at a young age. If you do shine then Madrid would just get you.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom