• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why would Arteta set himself up to look an idiot if he wasn't going to sign?

Because he knows fans arent happy with the current dealings. And hes trying to give them something positive to cling to although it's not actually done.

Think of it like this. A girl tells you in a text she maybe one day would like to go to the cinema with you. Yet when you say this weekend she says no. You say the weekend after she says no. The weekend after she says she will think about it. Moral. Talk is cheap.

Until the thing is signed ( and I hope it does get signed)I dont want to hear anything.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because he knows fans arent happy with the current dealings. And hes trying to give them something positive to cling to although it's not actually done.

Think of it like this. A girl tells you in a text she maybe one day would like to go to the cinema with you. Yet when you say this weekend she says no. You say the weekend after she says no. The weekend after she says she will think about it. Moral. Talk is cheap.

Until the thing is signed ( and I hope it does get signed)I dont want to hear anything.

giphy.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Noy a player fault if ckub took ages to offer a guy with 4k a week new contract

What have they been talking about for months. The weather?

Dialogue.

Arsenal: we want you to sign a new contract
Saka: ok how much, how many years.
Arsenal: 4 years 35k a week.
Saka: I'll think about it.

1 week later:

Saka+agent: 4 years is fine. But 35k is too little.
Arsenal: 40k.
Saka: still short
Arsenal: 50k plus bonuses.
Saka: ill think about it.

You get my drift. That above conversation takes what 2 weeks? Couple of Zoom meetings? Why has it taken months? If he loves the club and his family are happy in London and hes promised playing time and hes going to make about 2-3m a year at 19/20/21 with the option to renew again what's the hold up?

Cause he trying to take the club to the cleaners and get 120k a week. Or 150k? I know everyone has to try get best deal but he runs the risk of pricing himself out of his dream to play for Arsenal for the long term.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He’s overrated by Arsenal fans, you would think we have a generational talent by the comments here.

Almost all the better clubs have better young wingers than him in their squad.

As a left back though, I see high potential. But only if he fully embraces the role. He should look up to Alphonso Davies, Jordi Alba and other average wingers who made a fantastic careers as fullbacks.

Why would he embrace playing as a leftback for a team in disarray with a rookie manager running things?

If I were in his shoes, I'd ask to be paid 100k a week like the other bums on the roster with stipulations of only playing LW/LCM.

If Saka is gonna be playing LB, then it better be for a team with actual ambition and a bright future like Liverpool.

Or he could even go to Dortmund, they do a great job of developing young talent over there, then maybe in a couple of years he'd be sold for a ridiculous price to Chelsea or Man United.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why would he embrace playing as a leftback for a team in disarray with a rookie manager running things?

If I were in his shoes, I'd ask to be paid 100k a week like the other bums on the roster with stipulations of only playing LW/LCM.

If Saka is gonna be playing LB, then it better be for a team with actual ambition and a bright future like Liverpool.

Or he could even go to Dortmund, they do a great job of developing young talent over there, then maybe in a couple of years he'd be sold for a ridiculous price to Chelsea or Man United.
I assure you that he wouldn’t start at Dortmund, nevermind Liverpool and he wouldn’t get paid as well at Dortmund.

He’s going to sign here because it’s his best option.

The question is will he be worth it? For me, no, not at that price, and certainly not as a winger/CM.

Geofranco

Agree with this assessment. Think his stature is more suited to a fullback role.

Stature? What does that even mean lol. He has a similar frame to Sadio Mane.

Unless you just see a dark-skinned young man and think Sagna, there is no way you could make an assessment that his stature suits fullback, just ridiculous.

All the best wingers and wide-forwards are around 5'6-5'10. Even Alexis was like 5'5. Saka is at least 5'8/5'9 and has a sturdy build for his age.

The only thing that would determine if he has what it takes to be a successful winger/wide-forward in the future would be his ability to score goals. He has already shown really good shooting technique with either foot.

He will just have to prove that he can be consistently clinical as a finisher, but that usually comes with age and experience.

Look how long it took Gnabry to figure it out and now he is a pretty good finisher.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His wages not going to be more than 40k. No team in world going to give saka 100k lol he just started his career at top level

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He doesn't have to be a full-back if he doesn't want to. Sure, he's verstaile and can be excellent there, I agree. But he's shown that he's capable of playing either as an LW or a CM and performed both roles to a relatively high standard. I don't buy this BS about him not having the potential to be a top end winger. Another one primed to prove people wrong I guess.

Geofranco

I assure you that he wouldn’t start at Dortmund, nevermind Liverpool and he wouldn’t get paid as well at Dortmund.

He’s going to sign here because it’s his best option.

The question is will he be worth it? For me, no, not at that price, and certainly not as a winger/CM.

Bruh it doesn't matter if he starts at Liverpool or even Dortmund. What Saka has to be thinking about is, what will be the best option to help me develop as a young talent.

That clearly isn't Arsenal as the club has failed the young prospects for years now.

So even if Saka goes to Liverpool and has to be fullback or wait a bit before he breaks through, then it will be worth it to him as Liverpool are the best team in football.

They just won the Champions League in 2019 and are easily running away with the EPL title in 2020.

They have a bright future. If he decides to stay here he will have more leverage as the team is not performing well, unproven manager at the helm (I like Arteta and want him to succeed, but he is still a wildcard), and ****ty senior players with no leadership quality.

If he were to stay here, then he should ask for whatever Hudson-Odoi is making with stipulations that he only play LW/LCM.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Bruh it doesn't matter if he starts at Liverpool or even Dortmund. What Saka has to be thinking about is, what will be the best option to help me develop as a young talent.

That clearly isn't Arsenal as the club has failed the young prospects for years now.

So even if Saka goes to Liverpool and has to be fullback or wait a bit before he breaks through, then it will be worth it to him as Liverpool are the best team in football.

They just won the Champions League in 2019 and are easily running away with the EPL title in 2020.

They have a bright future. If he decides to stay here he will have more leverage as the team is not performing well, unproven manager at the helm (I like Arteta and want him to succeed, but he is still a wildcard), and ****ty senior players with no leadership quality.

If he were to stay here, then he should ask for whatever Hudson-Odoi is making with stipulations that he only play LW/LCM.
Liverpool don’t want him, Dortmund don’t want him. That’s fantasy from Arsenal fans in the attempt to make him seem more important than he really is.

He’ll sign here because in the end it’ll be his best option.

Geofranco

Liverpool don’t want him, Dortmund don’t want him. That’s fantasy from Arsenal fans in the attempt to make him seem more important than he really is.

He’ll sign here because in the end it’ll be his best option.

You're delusional if you truly believe his agent hasn't been in contact with other teams.

Especially when the kid is still just 18, English and has a lot of potential left to discover.

Like I stated previously, it would be his best option to sign here, financially because he has a lot more leverage. But in terms of his development, it would be a huge gamble.

But I def hope he signs, and should be getting paid more than Guendouzi, and about the same as Laca, Luiz and some of the other senior players making around 100k a week cause he has outperformed all of them this season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You're delusional if you truly believe his agent hasn't been in contact with other teams.

Especially when the kid is still just 18, English and has a lot of potential left to discover.

Like I stated previously, it would be his best option to sign here, financially because he has a lot more leverage. But in terms of his development, it would be a huge gamble.

But I def hope he signs, and should be getting paid more than Guendouzi, and about the same as Laca, Luiz and some of the other senior players making around 100k a week cause he has outperformed all of them this season.
Laca is on 180k p/w and Luiz was on 150kp/w, please don't make an argument to give that to an 18 year old with 35 senior appearances even if he's been one of our better players this season. Ludicrous.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Stature? What does that even mean lol. He has a similar frame to Sadio Mane.

Unless you just see a dark-skinned young man and think Sagna, there is no way you could make an assessment that his stature suits fullback, just ridiculous.

All the best wingers and wide-forwards are around 5'6-5'10. Even Alexis was like 5'5. Saka is at least 5'8/5'9 and has a sturdy build for his age.

The only thing that would determine if he has what it takes to be a successful winger/wide-forward in the future would be his ability to score goals. He has already shown really good shooting technique with either foot.

He will just have to prove that he can be consistently clinical as a finisher, but that usually comes with age and experience.

Look how long it took Gnabry to figure it out and now he is a pretty good finisher.

Gnabry was always an excellent finisher. Saka is a pretty good finisher already. He could be a very good wing back, but he'll be more impactful further forward because he's got good variety to his game and excellent decision making

DasBootist

He won't be playing as a left-back unless forced to do so due to injuries. His assured play at 18 makes him an exceptional talent imho, so I don't understand why several posters are downplaying his potential.

We are lucky to have him and I'm pleased to have read he is close to signing a new contract.

Aubameyang next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom