• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Nah Auba needs to be cashed on..
Main thing for him at this age is motivation
It's very difficult to stay motivated when u see ****ty players all around you. That's what happened to Sanchez and Özil to an extent, u just stop caring because u know these bunch will find ways to lose football matches

lazyfreak

He won't be playing as a left-back unless forced to do so due to injuries. His assured play at 18 makes him an exceptional talent imho, so I don't understand why several posters are downplaying his potential.

We are lucky to have him and I'm pleased to have read he is close to signing a new contract.

Aubameyang next...
Who's downplaying his potential?! Just because someone thinks he's much better suited to another position, in this case LB/LWB, doesn't meany they're downplaying his potential.

FWIW, Marcel Lucassen says he could potentially be a world class LB/LWB. Some other posters are saying the same and quite frankly, I'm in the same boat as well. Although I can't quite put my finger on it but there's something about his style of play (rather than "stature" as sammy1887 put it) that screams attacking left-back.

I guess part of it is that in the 4-4-2 era, he's basically your typical LM in the same way that Gibbs used to be an LM although Saka obviously has way more talent and potential. Now in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, should he be further forward or back, I'd say back but an attacking LB. Especially since one of his most dangerous weapons is his crosses. But that's just me, it doesn't mean I'm downplaying his potential or anything like that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Didn't that shagger Hudson Odoi get something like 120k?
Yeah, and we were all laughing about Chelsea being bent over because they were handing out big contracts left and right and then this teenager was demanding similar sums. I highly rate CHO for what it's worth.

At this point, I'd give Saka a higher salary than our other first team youngsters, though (who seem to be on 25-40k). Based on our wage structure at the moment I wouldn't mind if he got 70-80k. That's around the squad average, similar to Tierney and Torreira, less than most our CB's and Xhaka/Bellerin/Leno etc.

Honestly, the young players are the only ones who give me hope with Saka leading the pact (closely followed by Martinelli and ESR). Just get it done, Arsenal.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yeah, and we were all laughing about Chelsea being bent over because they were handing out big contracts left and right and then this teenager was demanding similar sums. I highly rate CHO for what it's worth.

At this point, I'd give Saka a higher salary than our other first team youngsters, though (who seem to be on 25-40k). Based on our wage structure at the moment I wouldn't mind if he got 70-80k. That's around the squad average, similar to Tierney and Torreira, less than most our CB's and Xhaka/Bellerin/Leno etc.

Honestly, the young players are the only ones who give me hope with Saka leading the pact (closely followed by Martinelli and ESR). Just get it done, Arsenal.
Whilst I think Saka is a little overrated he’s a fantastic talent who happens to be our most creative player. Completely agree with what you said in terms of wage. Give him 80k on a long term deal with potential wage increases if he meets certain targets.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Because he knows fans arent happy with the current dealings. And hes trying to give them something positive to cling to although it's not actually done.

Think of it like this. A girl tells you in a text she maybe one day would like to go to the cinema with you. Yet when you say this weekend she says no. You say the weekend after she says no. The weekend after she says she will think about it. Moral. Talk is cheap.

Until the thing is signed ( and I hope it does get signed)I dont want to hear anything.
If you need someone to talk to bro hit me up!

DasBootist

Who's downplaying his potential?! Just because someone thinks he's much better suited to another position, in this case LB/LWB, doesn't meany they're downplaying his potential.

FWIW, Marcel Lucassen says he could potentially be a world class LB/LWB. Some other posters are saying the same and quite frankly, I'm in the same boat as well. Although I can't quite put my finger on it but there's something about his style of play (rather than "stature" as sammy1887 put it) that screams attacking left-back.

I guess part of it is that in the 4-4-2 era, he's basically your typical LM in the same way that Gibbs used to be an LM although Saka obviously has way more talent and potential. Now in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, should he be further forward or back, I'd say back but an attacking LB. Especially since one of his most dangerous weapons is his crosses. But that's just me, it doesn't mean I'm downplaying his potential or anything like that.
I was referring to the numerous posts preceding mine, comparing him to Sancho et al as a way of downplaying Saka's talent. Assuming we're all supporters of Arsenal FC, I don't see the point of such posts. Pedantic nitpicking is not a good look.

As for playing Saka as a left-back; he's too effective as an attacking outlet to be played so far back in the formation. That, coupled with the signing of Tierney at the start of the season tells me that all Saka's games played at left-back were borne from necessity and for his footballing development.

GunnerShy

Part of me understands why this has been a tricky contract to negotiate. Everytime he plays a game this season his value goes up £5k a week.

Whilst it's always a bit of a risk, I understand why management have stalled. There's others in the squad doing similar. That bum Lacazette has seen his value halve over the season

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Top player, his maturity and control is exemplary. An example to anyone who wants to play for Arsenal.

Really think he needs to be handled carefully tho. Think next year a lot of people will start having his number and that's going to be a really good test to see if he can kick on from there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He playing like he is in mid 20 really impressive how calm and good with ball. Basically we got new Sancho if he keep it up and improve his body strength.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He doesn't have to be a full-back if he doesn't want to. Sure, he's verstaile and can be excellent there, I agree. But he's shown that he's capable of playing either as an LW or a CM and performed both roles to a relatively high standard. I don't buy this BS about him not having the potential to be a top end winger. Another one primed to prove people wrong I guess.

I don't really get this sentiment either. I think it's because he's a youth product we've been familiar with for a long time and have seen his understandably not as good days as opposed to him being a mystery man from elsewhere.

He's been one of the top performers for a mid-table (smh) Premier League side for a long time at the age of 18. If he was elsewhere, you're begging to get him in here and pencilling him in as one of the first names on the lineup for your future lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom