• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal | Sun 26th Nov 14:00 GMT | Turf Moor | Not on UK TV

Will we win, lose or draw?

• Arsenal win with passion

• Draw

• Arsenal flop Burnley Win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think the ability is still there, we just seem to be hesitant to overcommit on occasions, and the final ball is often lacking.
These are the rare good counter attacks. But I remember we missed many more. As you said, the final ball has been poor. That is because, the supporting forward is not in proper position to receive a pass. We definitely have the capability. Just needs some guidance.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
These are the rare good counter attacks. But I remember we missed many more. As you said, the final ball has been poor. That is because, the supporting forward is not in proper position to receive a pass. We definitely have the capability. Just needs some guidance.
it's hard to play om the counterattack when you are such an offensive possession oriented team.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think rather than rubbishing the link (most people here probably agree with your point to some extent), it's that you keep bashing us over the head with it so much that people are now turned off. You could be saying anything eg: "The earth is not flat" or "Meghan Markle needs to take out some major life insurance" your original point is irrelevant now as you have overdone it :lol:
Nah. There's a reason the same TV adverts are shown over and over again.

The message is slowly getting home. Posters seem to have stopped all that boll*cks about 4th being a trophy. Self entitlement seems to be on the wane. Which is all good. :lol:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
As of the start of November (don't have the updated stats) Bellerin was in our top 3 "xG chain" every game (2nd overall in the team), which is a passing chain that results in a shot on goal. Yes he can improve his decision making and end product but for a 24 year old RWB/RB - he has been fantastic for us, especially the start to this season.
I respect that, but as I said in his thread; he’s been poor for me. I explained it a bit over there, as I am not fully blaming him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Again, I agree completely. Our supporting forwards are often paying too much attention to where the ball is rather than attacking the space (often on the flanks) and trusting their team mates to find them. It definitely can be improved with more deliberate focus, because a lot of teams in the PL are ill-equipped to deal with the threat of fast, accurate breaks.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Again, I agree completely. Our supporting forwards are often paying too much attention to where the ball is rather than attacking the space (often on the flanks) and trusting their team mates to find them. It definitely can be improved with more deliberate focus, because a lot of teams in the PL are ill-equipped to deal with the threat of fast, accurate breaks.
Yup. I think we were pretty good at it last season. We should make sure that we at least end up with a shot if not a goal.

pacstud

Lmfao, it's just so much better when we're hated..

Fair play to Dyche though, doing a top job and seems like a great guy.

Pleasant surprise, a damn accurate description. He wants those calls, rightfully, we got one that often doesn't get called but was in fact a foul. And obviously he has his team playing pretty friggin' good.

Fallout

finally had a chance to watch it, unfortunately not that happy with our performance. i get that they're a tough side to crack but we created very little. lacazette and kolasinac were our most dangerous players offensively. i'm more and more convinced that we should put lacazette in the wide forward role so he can get the ball more. he has a surprisingly well-rounded technical game, and he's also creative, but he's so starved of service at CF that he only gets a few moments to highlight his qualities. i have no clue what we're doing behind the scenes but if/when alexis leaves, i'd put lacazette in his position and go to the market for another CF. also i'm officially worried about iwobi. maybe he's another one who would benefit more from coming in off the left. it might be easier for him to link up with his stronger foot on the inside.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

finally had a chance to watch it, unfortunately not that happy with our performance. i get that they're a tough side to crack but we created very little. lacazette and kolasinac were our most dangerous players offensively. i'm more and more convinced that we should put lacazette in the wide forward role so he can get the ball more. he has a surprisingly well-rounded technical game, and he's also creative, but he's so starved of service at CF that he only gets a few moments to highlight his qualities. i have no clue what we're doing behind the scenes but if/when alexis leaves, i'd put lacazette in his position and go to the market for another CF. also i'm officially worried about iwobi. maybe he's another one who would benefit more from coming in off the left. it might be easier for him to link up with his stronger foot on the inside.

I get what you're saying but Lacazette doesn't have the stamina to do the other side of the game when we aren't in possession. The demands of playing wide extend to that. I actually like that he is less involved on the ball - we have too many players who want it to feet all the time.

Alexis' departure to me is a perfect opportunity to finally play a natural wide player in the wide role similar what Pep has done with Leroy Sane. Alexis and his predecessors on the left never want to go on the outside of the wing back, where all the space is. They want to cut inside and pass or shoot where it's congested.

Fallout

I get what you're saying but Lacazette doesn't have the stamina to do the other side of the game when we aren't in possession. The demands of playing wide extend to that. I actually like that he is less involved on the ball - we have too many players who want it to feet all the time.

Alexis' departure to me is a perfect opportunity to finally play a natural wide player in the wide role similar what Pep has done with Leroy Sane. Alexis and his predecessors on the left never want to go on the outside of the wing back, where all the space is. They want to cut inside and pass or shoot where it's congested.
Agree but that's never going to happen under Wenger. He likes his wingers to play inside and uses the fullbacks for width. The closest thing we've had to the Sane type (that I can recall) was Gervinho -- beyond that, he's preferred technicians or people who run diagonally in behind. Within the confines of Wenger's system, the best way to maximize Lacazette is moving him wide imo. Outside of Wenger's system, there are too many potential variables to consider for me to give an intelligent comment.

Also I'd argue that if Iwobi and Özil can learn to do the defensive side, then Lacazette can as well. He already gives us good defensive effort from CF imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom