• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bye Bye Eboué and Marco Né

What's your opinion about Né and Eboué

• We should buy them both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should only buy Eboué (RB)

• We should only buy Né (CM and RM)

• Neither of them is good enough

• Next year we have to buy them

• Total voters

Matt

I would like to know what de you think about the two triallists now you've seen them at work a couple af times.
They are returning back to Beveren tomorrow and will play next Wednesday aginst Arsenal when they travel to Beveren.

MightyArsenal

They are not bad, its impossible for them to impress in such a short period.But both have promise otherwise wenger wouldnt have trialed them. Personally I thought Eboue was the best with his clever runs from right back. Whereas marco ne couldnt impose himself in the center of the park although he showed some classy passes.

Xanshin

Eboue was quite good with good attacking runs giving Pennant lots of options.

It was impossible for them to impress in pre-season really. They'd also never get work-permits until they regularly play international football (unless they have Belgian passports???).

Maybe next season...they're better off getting first-team football at Beveren for at least 1 more season...

MightyArsenal

We must also remember how toure was when he first came here, he was really raw and I dont think any arsenal fan thought he would become the colosus he has become. You gotta give players time and confidence.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i think they did well. wenger has already said that they need more time to develop and that permanent moves will be difficult because getting work permits requires regular international football which is something both of them do not have. i would like to see them in the squad. they obviously have more growing to do but the potential to succeed is there.

Matt

I know about the work permit, but I would love it if Arsenal buy one of them because then we are assured to see them at least a full season at Beveren.
If you don't buy them, they would probably be gone during the winter break, just like Yaya Touré to a rich club in Russia or a French team (Nantes or PSG or something)

And we will need them in the Final of the UEFA-Cup against ManU or Liverpool :twisted: :wink:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Eboue is very very talented and may make it some day.

But to be honest he's clearly not ready yet - also, i dont think right back is his best position - he's really good going forward and crossing to the strikers so i'd play him on the right side of midfield.

As for Marco Ne - i wasnt really impressed by him.

Arnie

Spike said:
Eboure is pretty good, but he has to challange Hoyte who I believe is better.

I have to disagree. I think it's the other way round.Eboue really impressed v river plate. and e was really good as well. If we don't buy them now, someone else will.

Adam

Established Member
Ne is too lightweight for a CM, but Eboue looks an interesting prospect at RB for us.

Bruce81

they both impressed me, i think we should buy them next year definately !!!

How old are these guys anyway ?

godfather

i would love to have both of them now, but dunt think they will get work permit. So,Next year we have to buy them

both of them are talent

geert

The clubs wanting to take over Eboué and Marco Né are lining up; these are the interested clubs :

Arsenal, Chelsea, Pompeii, PSG, PSV,... (more to come probably 8) )

You can see Marco Né play in the following video (match Ostend - beveren)

http://www.vtm.be/asx/sport/goal_deel2.asx , forward to about 15 1/2 - 16 minutes, we play in grey/black away colors.

Né wears nr 16.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom