• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

Fair play, thought he was in trouble with the early booking but used his brain and was solid throughout, probs helps a little bit by utd being naive tho

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah thought James who on form going to give him hard time but fair play James done nothing after 15 minutes Chambers done well.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
If Arsenal ever did a 'Most Improved' award, then this guy would get it. He's very good on the ball and was unlucky not to get an assist when Saka should have scored.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Only concerning thing is his first 15 minutes or so. He grows so nicely into the game and actually offers things going forward, at times.
Was quite impressed how he handled himself after the yellow. Was a mature display to make sure he stayed on up against a speedster.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
On the ball he is much better than both Bellerin and AMN. The only advantage Bellerin has over him is pace, and that will be under question after that long injury.
Chambers is really smart in attack and does understand well when to cross the ball or when to pass it. I don't see him often losing the ball or hitting first defender on the way like others do

Ewarwoowar

Turns out he's a bit of a baller, love how he can put in a cross even though an oppo player is in his face, without tying his feet up in knots with step overs or over running the ball trying to get past his man.

Incidentally I think Ole shifted James because Papa started giving cover to Chambers, which is what he didn't do for AMN vs Watford, also think it was to overload with pace with he(James) and Rashford running in close quarters up against our weaker side.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good game, getting an early booking for a defender is tough but it didn't effect his play and he showed the advantage of playing a RB who has played in that position many times. The commentators prior to kick off were scratching their heads and saying why isn't AMN playing when he's served his suspension? Chambers gave them the answer!

nick gould

For a center-back he seemed very dangerous going forward. He was always available for a switch to the right. He also made things interesting by making late runs. I am so used to people like Gibs camping at the front. It takes out the element of surprise because someone will pick you. But if you make late runs you can sneak in unnoticed.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
think he would be our best dm tbh. would add height and is good and improving with the ball and played a lot last season as dm. has to be worth a go as neither lucas or xhaka can fill that role imo
It's strange that this wasn't tested at all considering we have serious issues every game on that position.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Simply has to start this evening. Give him a CB spot please!

I wouldn't play him. Near the end of the Man utd game he was already pulling up with cramp. He played 4 games in 11 days. If he plays tonight and as expected against Bournemouth too, then he would have played 6 games in 17 days. That amount of games in such short amount increase the chances of injury or at the minimum fatigue. No need to take those risks.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I wouldn't play him. Near the end of the Man utd game he was already pulling up with cramp. He played 4 games in 11 days. If he plays tonight and as expected against Bournemouth too, then he would have played 6 games in 17 days. That amount of games in such short amount increase the chances of injury or at the minimum fatigue. No need to take those risks.
True, I didn't notice that but it is a solid point.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
think he would be our best dm tbh. would add height and is good and improving with the ball and played a lot last season as dm. has to be worth a go as neither lucas or xhaka can fill that role imo

It is worth a try atleast. It isn't like he could do much worse than Xhaka in current form anyway.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
A genuinely good player who never complains. He deserves to be a regular first team player, should definitely be tried at dm as he has very good technique with the ball at his feet

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's winning me over. He doesn't have that aura of a top player, but he's been solid so far and scored to make up for a goal that was his fault. I think he can become a Grimandi type but he deserves better. He should watch Fernandinho and how he plays each position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom