• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

OK. I heard both Martial and Pogba were due back, but I might be wrong.

Martial was supposed to have a knock a few weeks ago but every week his return keeps getting pushed back another week.

I’d be surprised if he starts, with no Rashford I think they’ll go James-Greenwood-Mata although Mata has looked woeful for a few weeks now so Lingard might feature instead although he’s been even worse if anything.

Impact

Established Member
Was very good tonight. Three assists including a peach of a ball for Martinelli's first and the opposition didn't get anything out of attacking his half of the pitch either.

Chambers has his faults and he isn't a conventional attacking full back but he has lovely (and reliable) technique for a defender. If he carries on this vein, he might forge a John O'Shea-esque utility defender squad role.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I said previously that I prefer Chambers at CB, I amnow rethinking that.

Anyway 3 starts 3 clean sheets, 3 assists and a goal in the last match he came on.

Last edited:

nick gould

I felt that he gave a man of the match performance. Whoscored gave it to Reiss Nelson but come on, 3 assists and a clean sheet for a defender. That was top performance. The application as well was there for everyone to see which is quite refreshing.

His weekend performance though, that goal was a super super goal. For him to keep his composure at such a key moment, that showed balls of still. However, as the perfectionist that I am, I have to say that his failure to control a David Luiz 's long ball directly led to their second goal. I would have said it was unforgivable but he more than redeemed himself with that goal. Play him at right back until bellerin is fully fit. Maybe he is our lucky charm. Look at our results when he is playing. Clean sheet 1-0, clean sheet 3-0, a goal in a 3 - 2 win, 3 assists and a clean sheet in a 5 -0 win. Looks awkward when running sometimes and he is only 6 foot tall but hey, it's not his fault. Give the lad a fair crack at top flight football.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Starting to really become infatuated with this lad. He doesn’t complain ever, he simply gives his all every time he steps foot on the pitch. He seems a really modest lad and is never fazed by any failures.

He’s bided his time, impressed on loan spells and now he’s taking his opportunity. I really want it to work out for him here and I believe it will. Excellent performance tonight, firmly knocking on the door .

Steps

Starting to really become infatuated with this lad. He doesn’t complain ever, he simply gives his all every time he steps foot on the pitch. He seems a really modest lad and is never fazed by any failures.

He’s bided his time, impressed on loan spells and now he’s taking his opportunity. I really want it to work out for him here and I believe it will. Excellent performance tonight, firmly knocking on the door .

Agree 100%. Unlike most players nowadays, he keeps his mouth shut and proves himself on the pitch, not in the papers or social media. Hats off to this lad. Earned a start for me.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Calum Chambers was always my boy.

Fun story I saw both Chambers & Holding once in central London, huge lads. They were both looking at me for some reason and I’m sure I wasn’t staring and I’m not that good looking I’m a solid 6. Maybe they were intimidated.
Were you with a girl? Maybe they were looking at her.

Manberg

Predator
He’s performing well attacking wise as a full back and people are asking to play him CB?

We don’t know how he’ll do at CB it’s a very different position.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s performing well attacking wise as a full back and people are asking to play him CB?

Probably until we get Saliba next season. Everyone would prefer Chambers - Holding partnership for now than those "experienced" clowns we are seeing every week

samshere

Why so serieuse?

I don't think anyone can forget the time when Montero tore him a new one.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would have been happy to sell Chambers in the summer to raise cash because I said he is not good enough as CB and wont play DM for us. In my defence I also said he is an ideal back up until Bellerin is back, he was RB at Saints and kept their main RB out for some time, Wenger decided to play him CB and his career dived. Not even Fulham could play him CB regularly and he wont PoS as DM. Anyway, with Bellerin & Tierney back he will still be useful as rotation, also they will need to be eased in anyway. I'd much rather have a player who knows how to play Full Back than AMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom