• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Watching his appearances i really feel this lad means what he said about gaining experience at Fulham. He's learned fight. I know Fulham haven't exactly been the epitome of grit lately but you learn in failure as well.. often more.
Calum showed incredible resolve in both games he's recently featured by adapting and growing into the game, after nervy moments, chance give aways and ultimately finished both games rightfully proud of his overall game. That's huge mentality and something we moan about the lack of in this squad.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Decent game. Not an RB obviously. Have much to prove. Lets see if he can get a few starts instead of the penaltybrothers.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Emery finally drops Xhaka and plays Chambers there, I think he would be in a position to regain fans confidence. It's a win win for Emery and chance that he can't miss if he wants to survive me thinks.
I don't think results would improve by doing that because Xhaka is not the only one to blame, but having someone who is smart and gives everything instead of a fake captain would be something refreshing from Emery. It also gives us better options in midfield where Douzi and Ceballos/Willock would have more freedom knowing that their backs are covered.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Deserves a run on the team at CB. Who would be up against at Old Trafford if he had to play at right back? Martial?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Come on Unai do the right thing and start him as RB next gsme he deserve the chance.

Pepes blue pill

Really looks like he wants to make a 1st team spot his, great performance

Honestly didnt know he had the finish at the wkend and the 1st assist today in him, fantastic stuff

Kingofthebongo

Chambers should never ever be in the midfield for any team hoping to be in the top 10.
Had a great game at RB filling in, but he should ONLY be considered as a CB long term.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He does have some tekkers, this lad. There was also a moment tonight when he chested it down and volleyed a shot that the keeper saved.

Glad we didn't sell him in the summer, deserves to start at CB for me.
chambers has played at cb like 2 times in the last two years?

isop

chambers has played at cb like 2 times in the last two years?

It's still his best position imo. As a makeshift option in the short-term he can fill in at RB, but it's not where he really excels.

He was POTS at DMF for Fulham, though I don't know how good he was because I didn't see him play much.

CB is where I've personally seen him play his best. When he first came here he looked good there.

Apparently he was a very good regular CB at his Middlesborough PL loan too. That was in the 2016/17 season, where played at CB 19 times and RB 7 times. So the PL experience is there, playing as a regular CB.

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Would he be much of a problem? I know very little about their squad. Said it in the match thread, Chambers doesn't do well agains pace all that much.

He is rapid. Also at the moment he is in the form of his life. He is currently joint top scored for United.

As long as you don't let him cut in on his right foot or give him acres of space to run in behind I think he is a fairly limited player. But we tend to isolate our fullbacks so that could be a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom