• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

So no other CB coming in looks like. Is the point of the loan then that he comes back next year ready to be first choice after playing regularly all season? Or alternatively if he doesn't impress then he gets moved on permanently?

neimad

So no other CB coming in looks like. Is the point of the loan then that he comes back next year ready to be first choice after playing regularly all season? Or alternatively if he doesn't impress then he gets moved on permanently?

Come back and stake a claim for a place in the team I'm sure. Kos hasn't many seasons left in him. I have a feeling this is his last. The guys tendons and ligaments are holding (no pun intended) on by a wing and a prayer.

If he doesn't cut the mustard we'll cut our losses and sell him but I genuinely think he'll have a good year at Fulham. Seemed to be coming into his own in preseason and I reckon he'll have plenty to prove with the Cottagers.

Make or break season for Calums Arsenal career in many ways.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I think this loan deal will be very beneficial for Chambers development and he will return to us next season a better player for it. I just wished we would bought in a suitable CB in to make up the numbers.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
This is potentially good long term but terrible short term.

We have Sokratis who's new and adapting, Koscielny who can't keep fit, and then Holding and Mustafi who were poor last season. These guys don't fill me with one bit of confidence. I think that we're relying on Sokratis being a big success and Emery working wonders with our backline.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Love that, great kid. Can't wait to have him back together with Rob. We could have done with him this season. From what I've seen so far his loan spell has been very good for his experience.

He’s been deemed not good enough to play in defense for one of the worst defenses the league has seen in recent times so what makes you think he’ll do for us? We’ll sign a new CB and probably sell Mustafi, that means we’ll have Kos, Sokratis, new CB and Holding. Where’s the logic in bringing Chambers back if he’s hardly going to play? Now is the perfect time to sell.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I think we'd definitely be best selling him, nowhere near the level required. Hopefully he can become a decent mid-table level player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It depends on the offers we'll receive imo.
I'd rather keep Chambers and get rid of AMN.

AMN can play full-back, wing-back, winger and midfielder tho to a decent level. His calmness on the ball (tho his own downfall at times) combined with his good physical attributes probably make him a tad more useful than Chambers for the foreseeable future, neither are good enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom