• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrytheking14

A better idea is to get rid of both of them and bring in a back up to Bellerin.
tenor.gif

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
A better idea is to get rid of both of them and bring in a back up to Bellerin.

I agree.
Chambers having a good season at Fulham is our chance to sell him at profit.
He isn't good enough for a CL club. We can hopefully make decent money on him (maybe £30M?) that could be invested in a proper Bellerin backup or a decent CB.

Same goes for AMN.

ptrcopp

I wonder where Chambers comes back to play. I don’t think it’s that he isn’t good enough to play CB as some hve suggested, more that Fulham don’t have the competence in the midfield.

One thing we all know is he isn’t a right back, so he either comes back as a back-up CB or a back up DM.

And it doesn’t make sense to get rid of a player who is homegrown. There isn’t a player that can cover the positions he can at the level he can who would be a cheaper options

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He’s been deemed not good enough to play in defense for one of the worst defenses the league has seen in recent times so what makes you think he’ll do for us? We’ll sign a new CB and probably sell Mustafi, that means we’ll have Kos, Sokratis, new CB and Holding. Where’s the logic in bringing Chambers back if he’s hardly going to play? Now is the perfect time to sell.
First, I've been one of his biggest critics since he joined us from Southampton.

1. He had a few very convincing games at CB last season where at times he looked the best player in that position.

2. He would have done a better job than Xhaka at CB or Lichtsteiner/AMN at RB when we were struggling with injuries. Could have used him there this season.

3. With Kos probably leaving (as was his wish before the injury) and Mustafi in desperate need of being sold we could use him as a decent backup CB to Sokra/Holding and hopefully a quality addition in the summer. His versatility allows us to play him CB/RB and DM as a replacement for El Neny who we should definitely bin. In addition to that he is young, eager to learn and has a lot of Arsenal games under his belt.

If we can get a good fee and a good replacement I'd agree on selling, but I think he can offer us a lot as a decent squad player.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder where Chambers comes back to play. I don’t think it’s that he isn’t good enough to play CB as some hve suggested, more that Fulham don’t have the competence in the midfield.

One thing we all know is he isn’t a right back, so he either comes back as a back-up CB or a back up DM.

And it doesn’t make sense to get rid of a player who is homegrown. There isn’t a player that can cover the positions he can at the level he can who would be a cheaper options

So we should bring him back and let him sit in reserve so he can be 5th choice in midfield, 5th choice at centre back or 3rd choice at right back? Also him being homegrown is neither here nor there. There’s no homegrown quota to meet.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way to think of it for me is would you pay what Chambers is worth to get him to Arsenal?

I wouldn't so for me we should sell

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
First, I've been one of his biggest critics since he joined us from Southampton.

1. He had a few very convincing games at CB last season where at times he looked the best player in that position.

2. He would have done a better job than Xhaka at CB or Lichtsteiner/AMN at RB when we were struggling with injuries. Could have used him there this season.

3. With Kos probably leaving (as was his wish before the injury) and Mustafi in desperate need of being sold we could use him as a decent backup CB to Sokra/Holding and hopefully a quality addition in the summer. His versatility allows us to play him CB/RB and DM as a replacement for El Neny who we should definitely bin. In addition to that he is young, eager to learn and has a lot of Arsenal games under his belt.

If we can get a good fee and a good replacement I'd agree on selling, but I think he can offer us a lot as a decent squad player.

1. Holding this season, Sokratis and Koscielny have been a lot better than Chambers has ever been as a CB.
So he'd be our 4th choice.

2. He's a terrible RB. He might have done better than Xhaka at CB I give you that.

3. Kos has still one year left on his contract. He really is not needed.
his cash from his sale is needed though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

The quota is for non-homegrown. You can’t have more than 17 non-homegrown. You can have as many homegrown as you want within the squad limit of 25 whether that be none, one, three, six, ten.

As I said, Chambers isn’t needed to meet any quotas.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

That's probably the best summary of what he could offer and I think board had the same ideas giving him contract extension.
Selling him to finance a decent replacement doesn't make sense as he already is a decent player with the advantage of being versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom