• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@IslingtonBornandbred

He was talking about this post that was meant for the Bellerin thread. I posted it in here by mistake. Never mind that I actually mentioned 'Hector' in the post and that he wore PJ's.

Sometimes it just goes. My pride has taken a huge blow because I really thought he had it what it took. I feel betrayed by him and ashamed I got it wrong. So yes, this is the early stages of Hectors AM assassination. He'll be gone soon anyway, the PJ wearing gonk.

Could still be Callum, though, right? :lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Thing for me with him is...I've always kinda liked him and seen a decent CB in him. But this season there's been a surgence of young, talented CBs right before my eyes in the Bundesliga, who have become better than Chambers in a much shorter span of time. Soyuncu, Pavard, Kempf has come back, Baumgartl, etc. etc.

Now that suggests two things to me: Either young players need constant game time on the respective level they are at themselves, or he isn't good enough.

Look at Pavard. He joined Stuttgart in 2. Bundesliga. He even looked to struggle at times in that league. But over the course of a season, he got comfortable. Now, in 1. Bundesliga, he's suddenly taken two or more steps at one time. What's the backbone of that development? Game time at his level. He's played almost every single game since Stuttgart signed him. So did Soyuncu at Freiburg.

So, what is it? I still think there's a decent player in him, but he needs to play and he needs time. A team like Arsenal can't afford that game time to a developing player and there's a lot of younger, equally or even more promising CBs out there.

Ultimately, I'd either keep him as 4th choice or sell him. I can't see him taking the needed step up - not for lack of talent, but for playing time to make use of that talent. But for his passport he'll still reign in a nice transfer fee. If he goes, could he become the next Cahill? Sure. But right now Arsenal needs something else as 2nd/3rd choice and if the recruitment over the next two season turns out right, we won't bite our arses if he turns out to fulfill his promise, 'cause we'll have signed someone equally good or better in the meantime. Arsenal sat on money and clinged on to promising players actually not delivering far too much.

Arsenal shouldn't let developing players get in the way of signing nailed on starters, if success is the main goal, right now. When you're successful, that's the moment to give time to young players. So...4th choice or sell.

HBL

Established Member
Not great, not bad. Had a few sloppy moments but was decent overall. Too slow to play as a right back though, should’ve played him at cb today and AMN at rb.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I don't see what's special about him, he belongs to a midtable team (which we now are tbf) and not playing for the Arsenal.

Reactions: Jae

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Thought he was doing ok but fell apart somewhat before being subbed. At times I think I'm wrong about him and he's good but tbh, I think it's more trash from Southampton. Keep Monreal, Kos and Bellerin and ditch the remaining CB's and build a starting partnership.

pacstud

Shows again...NOT A RB.

Terrible overall. Can't believe people are rating him today, must be looking only at his passport.

He is functional as a CB, BAD as a RB.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Chambers played good today despite the defeat.

How many times did he head the ball clear today? He has a bright future under a better coach.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Took well to the role of senior CB today, could see him growing into something special if the next manager is willing to actually play him in his best position.

nick gould

Chambers played good today despite the defeat.

How many times did he head the ball clear today? He has a bright future under a better coach.
I suppose you could say that about a lot of our players. It must be mentally damaging though to sit on the bench and watch Kos and Mustafi c*ck up time and again and you think “ Am I worse than those guys?” Not good for your self esteem as a footballer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've been uncertain on this guy since he joined us. Not sure what we saw in him but there was something there today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His career at Arsenal been up&down still young would be interesting to see what the new manager will do with him

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Looked quite solid, but also has to do with the fact that the we played pretty deep. Still, not far off the jokers that played on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom