• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Calum Chambers (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Looks like he might be going to Roma in January.

His contract will end next summer, so I assume we will pay Roma to get him there in advance?

That's the Arsenal way?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Looks like he might be going to Roma in January.

Article says that Roma have declined Chambers because he "doesn't fit the profile"... which is surprising, because the usual profile with Roma is to pay over the odds for Arsenal's unwanted players, so he should have been a perfect fit.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Such a weird situation. Feels simultaneously likes he's been here forever but you also think of him as a youngster still waiting for a chance.

HG not being an issue now, we should move him on in January if possible.

At nearly 27 he needs to be playing week in week out and he's not good enough to do it at Arsenal.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Article says that Roma have declined Chambers because he "doesn't fit the profile"... which is surprising, because the usual profile with Roma is to pay over the odds for Arsenal's unwanted players, so he should have been a perfect fit.
Mkhitaryan? Or who? They bent us over for that one at least.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think Calum needs to a regular starter somewhere and would be better aiming a little lower, can't see him being a regular at Everton. They are pretty well stocked in central defence, less so at right back and central midfield but there are still better players ahead of him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
£5m for Calum would be worth doing to be honest. I could see us losing him for free otherwise. Depends what the plan is at RB though - obviously he's homegrown which is useful, but maybe AMN has leapfrogged him now? Either way, we don't need 4 right-backs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could have gotten a good fee for him a few years ago, tbh.

Has "leaving on a free" written all over him now though, so will take anything above that :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ridiculous decision not to sell him after his Fulham loan, but that was the Three Fids a Day / Em*ry reign...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Paid £15m for him, which was a lot for a kid back then, to take him out of S'oton's reserves... And he's never been worth a penny more than that since. All he's done is depreciate. Another one.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Edu started on 9 July of 2019. All of that summer (Pepe signing, Iwobi sale, etc.) we talk about being Raül (Three Fids') work, as Edu was apparently learning the ropes, why would it be different with Chambers?

Edu was officially the technical director.

Mental gymnastics ain’t the way son.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Edu was officially the technical director.

Mental gymnastics ain’t the way son.
Mhmm...so you put that summer down to Edu, then? I think that would make you a part of a very, very small minority. Indeed the report done by that guy (the one from West Brom, was it, who is now with us?) investigating the Pepe signing picked out Raül as the culprit...

But yeah, I'm the one doing the mental gymnastics. 🙃

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mhmm...so you put that summer down to Edu, then? I think that would make you a part of a very, very small minority. Indeed the report done by that guy (the one from West Brom, was it, who is now with us?) investigating the Pepe signing picked out Raül as the culprit...

But yeah, I'm the one doing the mental gymnastics. 🙃

I’ll be real I don’t really care. You go off either way though. 💯

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would blame Raul/Ivan more for Chambers, than Edu.

Eddie going on a free, is more like something you hold against Edu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom