• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup I Chelsea v Arsenal 1st leg I 10/1/18 I 8pm GMT | Sky Sports

Which Mitchell are you?

• Phil Mitchell

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Billy Mitchell

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Grant Mitchell

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
How about this one?

Believe in better.

red-bench-graphic.png

This would have had a more positive effect than our subs :)

Masterdon

Well I'm actually going to stay up till 3am just to watch this coca cola cup match. Why do they have a 2 leg semi final anyway instead of just 1 game at a neutral venue? Does anyone know how come the format of the coca cola cup has always been like that?

Original_AAA

Well I'm actually going to stay up till 3am just to watch this coca cola cup match. Why do they have a 2 leg semi final anyway instead of just 1 game at a neutral venue? Does anyone know how come the format of the coca cola cup has always been like that?

I was wondering the same thing I while back, so I did some research. Turns out the original idea for the cup was to offset lost revenue for the teams due to there beeing fewer league games after the planned restructure of the leagues in the 1960s. As attendance to games had been dropping quite drastically during the 1950s coupled with the fact that most teams got floodlights (allowing midweek games even during the winter) installed in the late fifties and early sixties the concept of the league cup being a two legged weekday tournament became a way to ensure better revenue for the clubs and increase the prestige of English football.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
3-5-2. Alexis and Laca up front. Wilsh, Xhaka, AMN central. Nelson and Bellerin or Walcott on the wings. Chambers, Mert and Mustafi in defence. Pack midfield and hit them on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom