• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cengiz Ünder

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
You could argue that we're better off trying to find a goal scorer who can do a Sterling/Salah type job, since we already have dribblers like Iwobi and, from next season on, Nelson.
Under doesn't seem anything like them in that case. But I think we need to find one winger at least with real pace and line breaking skillful dribbling ability. Just see the difference in our game when Mkhitaryan is in form and can dribble like that. Imagine if we had someone similar with real pace and better yet he is a lefty. Chukwueze seems like he could bamboozle defenders every opportunity he gets.

Also, I say we go back in for Perisic because he is very much in the mould of winger Emery would like. Perisic is like a more skilled winger version of what Welbeck was doing earlier in the season. Good pace, strength, stamina, work rate, good dribbling and a goal scoring threat.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I changed my mind a bit over the course of the last months. In hindsight to our small budget I no longer think we should go out for a RW to solve an issue we've had for several seasons now.

I'd much rather spend ever single penny to solidify our defense from left to right. Get me two outstanding fullbacks and a top notch CB - I've got enough of this **** show over the years at the back.

In case some money is left, get another creative midfielder or an impressive b2b with high physical presence.

Then, solve the winger issue to 100% with Nelson, Saka and Amaechi. Just play them, nothing to loose but much to gain.
We wont win the league, but we can jump 2 levels up at one time with completely fixing the back with financial investment whilst using the huge talent pool from CM to wingers and CF that we already have at our club to solve creative and offensive needs.

I mean Smith-Rowe, Amaechi, Saka, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson - those are all super talented offensive players, that are far from just talented - it's too obvious to see that they just need to be triggered, they are too good to fail completely.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I changed my mind a bit over the course of the last months. In hindsight to our small budget I no longer think we should go out for a RW to solve an issue we've had for several seasons now.

I'd much rather spend ever single penny to solidify our defense from left to right. Get me two outstanding fullbacks and a top notch CB - I've got enough of this **** show over the years at the back.

In case some money is left, get another creative midfielder or an impressive b2b with high physical presence.

Then, solve the winger issue to 100% with Nelson, Saka and Amaechi. Just play them, nothing to loose but much to gain.
We wont win the league, but we can jump 2 levels up at one time with completely fixing the back with financial investment whilst using the huge talent pool from CM to wingers and CF that we already have at our club to solve creative and offensive needs.

I mean Smith-Rowe, Amaechi, Saka, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson - those are all super talented offensive players, that are far from just talented - it's too obvious to see that they just need to be triggered, they are too good to fail completely.

I agree. I don't think we need to blow the majority of our budget on a 'potentially' good winger, as we cannot afford an established one. Mhiki, Iwobi, Nelson and Amaechi should be enough to cover the flanks.

LB, RB, CB and AM are key areas we need to buy in. Tierney would cost around £15 million. Bissaka £30 million and we have already dramatically improved our starting line up for the price of a hit or miss winger. We could then pick up an Nkunku/Fornals on the cheap for £20 million. If you imagine we usually spend around £100 million if we don't spend in a January window. With sales we would have enough cash to go big on a centre back.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Totally agree, I would be happy enough with no midfield or forward signings as long as we overhaul our defence and become solid at the back.

Only City and Liverpool have scored more than us this season, however 7 clubs, City, Liverpool, Sp**s, United, Chelsea, Wolves and Newcastle have conceded less. Everton and Palace have conceded the same number of goals than us. We could possibly finish the season with the 10th best defence in the league, which is shocking. It isn't hard to see where our problem lies.

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I agree. I don't think we need to blow the majority of our budget on a 'potentially' good winger, as we cannot afford an established one. Mhiki, Iwobi, Nelson and Amaechi should be enough to cover the flanks.

LB, RB, CB and AM are key areas we need to buy in. Tierney would cost around £15 million. Bissaka £30 million and we have already dramatically improved our starting line up for the price of a hit or miss winger. We could then pick up an Nkunku/Fornals on the cheap for £20 million. If you imagine we usually spend around £100 million if we don't spend in a January window. With sales we would have enough cash to go big on a centre back.
I dont agree, mki shows up every once every full moon. Iwobi is the same. Nelson/amaechi has played showed nothing in high tier football. We have no good wingers. We have a good LB and a good RB, Sokratis/holding/mavropanos at cb. Maybe kos. How do you not want any wingers?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

100% agree, you only have to look at our bad games to know our defence is our weak point. AM not as important but LB, RB, CB are vital, and the amount of players going out will save us a fortune on wages, add that to our budget and we can easily afford it. If we can go for a winger too fine but defence must come first.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I dont agree that a winger is not a priority. Despite our decent scoring record I think our attack often looks dreadfully toothless.

That being said I am not a big fan of Under. Doesnt seem too special to me. If Monchi brings any player from Roma I hope it is Zaniolo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I dont agree that a winger is not a priority. Despite our decent scoring record I think our attack often looks dreadfully toothless.

That being said I am not a big fan of Under. Doesnt seem too special to me. If Monchi brings any player from Roma I hope it is Zaniolo.

We dont say a winger aint a priority/huge lacking point. Everyone knows it has been for years.

We just say our overall performance will increase much more by creating a rock solid foundation at the back (which in turn improve the attack) and solve the RW issue with our 3 top class talents internally

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I'm not against bringing in a winger, but the defense absolutely has to be the No. 1 priority and if the whole budget needs to be spent to do it, so be it. Once that's done, if the money is there, they can bring in Under, Pepe or frickin' Messi for all I care, but they need better defenders.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'm not against bringing in a winger, but the defense absolutely has to be the No. 1 priority and if the whole budget needs to be spent to do it, so be it. Once that's done, if the money is there, they can bring in Under, Pepe or frickin' Messi for all I care, but they need better defenders.

Yepp, that's what we should be aiming for.
Obviously dont mind a Zaha playing knots into defenders legs, if there's a chance to add a cherry on top of the business.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There is sound logic to this. Strikers win matches defenders Win titles.

Look at Liverpool this season. Shipping less goals while not being as prolific has kept them in the race. If we can improve our defence first then it makes sense. It's been neglected for far too long.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Look at Liverpool this season. Shipping less goals while not being as prolific has kept them in the race. If we can improve our defence first then it makes sense. It's been neglected for far too long.

Spending every penny on defender does not rule out bringing our attack to the next level for me imo. As I said, our talent pool is incredible

benjamin86

Established Member

i think "Strikers score goals, defenders win matches" sounds better tbh lol.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Even though I'd love that I highly doubt Palace will let Bissaka go for 30 mil. Will probably ask for upwards of 45-50.

Gunner-Union

Top cb def needed. I think it is time to give Saka and Nelson a chance to show what they have, other 18-19 year olds in various teams have show that they are good enough and I think these 2 plus
Amaechi need a chance to show

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom