• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
spartan239 said:
Giga said:
Giga said:
I would love AC Milan. The pace and quickest of Adebayor, Hleb and Fabregas can be a problem for their defense. I would love that.

Inter is another story put together. :?
I just got my wish.

Just like the pace of Rooney and Ronaldo was gonna destroy them last year? Never discount the great talent and expriance in that squad, and thell have Pato playing for them when we play them.
That was bullshit hardly ever the pace of individual players (certainly agianst tactical sound teams) destroys the opposition. It's about the the ball's speed (generated by a superioir postional passing game). They will not be chasing players, they'll be chasing the ball...

Giga

spartan239 said:
Giga said:
Giga said:
I would love AC Milan. The pace and quickest of Adebayor, Hleb and Fabregas can be a problem for their defense. I would love that.

Inter is another story put together. :?
I just got my wish.

Just like the pace of Rooney and Ronaldo was gonna destroy them last year? Never discount the great talent and expriance in that squad, and thell have Pato playing for them when we play them.

Man Utd are a different team to us. We play the possession game that brings us in the final third quicker. We can rise to the occasion. 8))

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
GUNNERS4L1FE said:
I cant wait for this, should be a brilliant game
you know what is the best thing about this tie? you will get alot of streams and live coverage so almost no gooner can miss this game.

and i think lyon is a big problem for manure

awooga83

Established Member
What a draw eh, probably the toughest team we could have got but they are far from infallible as Celtic and other teams in Seria A have shown this season. Should be a great set of games.

mccroix

I don't know why everyone's so afraid of Milan. They have an old team, not the fastest players. They will have so many problems with our moiblity and off the ball movement!!!

Besides: If you want to win the bleeding cup you have to beat ANYONE!

I'm quite confident we can win this match up...looking forward to this!!

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I'm really happy with the draw.
In last 3 seasons defending champion was eliminated in 1/8 finals.
They surely hate getting us. We can and must beat them.
My Inter fan mate is verry happy with Milan getting us.
But last year we were also very happy with the draw and got eliminated. That games are far away.

qs

Established Member
Well they're a great team and its gonna be a great game. I wouldn't have chose them but now we have them I'm really looking forward to it. Who remembers beating the likes of Olympiacos or Schalke anyway. These are the games that make football great. I can't wait to see us play AC in the Emirates. That'll be ****ing magical. Win or lose this is what footballs all about.

Legend#1

Established Member
JazzG said:
f****g brilliant :D Can't wait for this match, been waiting for ages to face them

That's my thoughts too.

All these ties every year against Porto, Ajax or PSV.

Finally a tie I will love!

invisibleman18

Established Member
:lol: At people talking about them as if they are old age pensioners who struggle to get out of bed, let alone play football. Didn't they win the thing just last season? How much older are they now? Been in 2 of the last 3 finals haven't they?

Probably the worst possible draw we could have got. But we beat Real Madrid and Juventus when we were given no chance so there's always a chance. The first leg is absolutely massive. In order to have any chance, we must take a lead to the away leg, preferably without an away goal conceded.

5-1 at the San Siro anyone? :lol:

henry79

makaveli tha don said:
I don't know why everyone's so afraid of Milan. They have an old team, not the fastest players. They will have so many problems with our moiblity and off the ball movement!!!

but they are so experienced in this competition, forget about their form in their domestic league In the CL they always rise to the occasion. we just have to keep a clean sheet at home but it will be tough to keep out kaka !!!!!

True Gooner

Established Member
henry79 said:
makaveli tha don said:

but they are so experienced in this competition, forget about their form in their domestic league In the CL they always rise to the occasion. we just have to keep a clean sheet at home but it will be tough to keep out kaka !!!!!

True, and since they arent doing well in the league they will concentrate on winning the CL..on the other hand we will be trying to balance on both fronts - league and CL...
Should be a cracking game IMO and in recent history we have had the upper hand against Italian clubs...lets hope that we do the bussiness..

kanooo

If there's an Italian team that I'm afraid of, they are one.

They maybe an old team but look at what happened to Man Utd and Liverpool last season.

Looking forward to the match but not jumping with joy that we've got them.

For other English teams though, no doubt that Chelsea will be the happiest. The bastards are so lucky.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm well excited about this. This is what the Champions League should be about, having the first leg at homeshould a) guarantee a cracking atmosphere and b) give us an opportunity to get a bit of a head start...

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Our return leg will be 4/5 March; Pools return leg will be March 11th

"Spring dates
The draw was conducted by UEFA General Secretary David Taylor and Giorgio Marchetti, UEFA's director of professional football. Matches will be played over two legs on 19/20 February and 4/5 March, although the second leg of Inter's encounter with Liverpool will be held on 11 March 2008 due to a stadium clash with Milan."

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/ne ... 40609.html

qs

Established Member
They definitely aren't past it. CL winners, they've the best player in the world, and of all the teams left in it they least suit our style of play IMO.

They can pass, they are good at winning the ball in midfield, they have some terrific individuals who can create something from nothing and most of all they've a ****ing terrific defence.

BUT!

We've a great team who on their day can beat absolutely anybody. Our best is better than ACs best. The question is can we give it our best.

awooga83

Established Member
The thing you can't forget is however good you think Milan are and worry about us the same works for Milan. They won their group and look who they got they will be just as disappointed probably more so then us .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom