• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Has there been any academy players recently that have excelled during a loan but failed to be integrated into the first team?
Miyaichi comes to mind. Surely there are some others I’m forgetting. Did Mérida go on loan? I forget.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Has not been as efficient with his passing since he came back from injury. Hopefully after this loan he goes to Spain for a year and then he'll be ready to at least take the El-neny role.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Watched the game lovely goal & nice assist.
It was a real cut & thrust local derby at a mad pace especially 1st half.
I like the fact that Charlie puts himself about even though he is light of frame.

He is obviously a big talent, has a bit of everything & is doing really well for his age.

This loan will stand him in good stead.
If he keeps developing nicely I can see him getting some game time here next season.

Imho he won't be a regular starter but I would say he could be able to compete with Viera & Sambi for minutes. Considering he is younger than both that would be a good achievement.

The fact he can play in numerous positions will likely benefit him getting game time.

However it may also be decided another loan would be more beneficial?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The ball-winning definitely stands out in this comp as does some of his dribbles. I actually like that this is the part of his game that's been emphasized as I've long believe Patino to be someone who can win a lot of duels due to his desire to win the ball back and the aggression that belies his once-skinny frame.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The ball-winning definitely stands out in this comp as does some of his dribbles. I actually like that this is the part of his game that's been emphasized as I've long believe Patino to be someone who can win a lot of duels due to his desire to win the ball back and the aggression that belies his once-skinny frame.
One for the future. I don’t think he is ready physically yet

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Do you think he's ready to be a Partey alternative? I think we can play him and tweak our personnel in midfield and still be effective-in the cups or as a sub to start with

DasBootist

Will be in the Arsenal first team next season. Exciting..

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
A recent stat I've seen about him worries me not gonna lie. Very low pass success rate. Like 10% lower than all of our midfielders. Even his short passes find the target less than 80% of the time.

That puts him in 10%tile of championship defenders for short pass success rate. Miles behind all our midfielders for pass success rate. That includes Odeegard, that includes Vieira.

I'm not saying this to slander the kid, I'm not saying this can't be a consequence of other factors, like being asked to play high risk (but even then we're talking lower success numbers here than quantity pass merchant Bruno Fernandes).

What I'm saying is, cool it with the hype. No need for people here to call him crap after 5 minutes when he does come back here and begins to misplace passes. The dude is young and doesn't have to fulfill the fantasies you built up in your head.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
A recent stat I've seen about him worries me not gonna lie. Very low pass success rate. Like 10% lower than all of our midfielders. Even his short passes find the target less than 80% of the time.

That puts him in 10%tile of championship defenders for short pass success rate. Miles behind all our midfielders for pass success rate. That includes Odeegard, that includes Vieira.

I'm not saying this to slander the kid, I'm not saying this can't be a consequence of other factors, like being asked to play high risk (but even then we're talking lower success numbers here than quantity pass merchant Bruno Fernandes).

What I'm saying is, cool it with the hype. No need for people here to call him crap after 5 minutes when he does come back here and begins to misplace passes. The dude is young and doesn't have to fulfill the fantasies you built up in your head.
Yeah, his passing (from the compilations) definitely needs work. Decision making and accuracy both.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah, his passing (from the compilations) definitely needs work. Decision making and accuracy both.
He has been sloppy since that injury. Like that he has shown he can handle the physicality and intensity of the league as a teenager. Especially cause he is not a great athlete. Most of the sloppiness could also be attributed to playing with teammates that are not as talented. They are not always on the same wavelength in terms of timing, instincts and technique.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"Patino was taken off on 66 minutes for Kenny Dougall to enter the fray. Appleton explained the decision and that it was down to a change in Blackpool's approach in the encounter, rather than other reasons.

Asked if the change was down to men's football possibly catching up with the youngster, Appleton said: “Not necessarily. I think we just wanted to change the way we approached it a little bit. We went more 4-4-2.

---

He’s fine, he’s hanging in there, his ability and quality will come through and shine through. We just wanted to have a little bit of stability in the middle of the park and that’s why we brought Kenny on.

“We didn’t want anyone charging forward because we knew we had to throw caution to the wind, and almost had a 4-2-4 and we did that and we asked questions and we created a few opportunities.

“It was certainly one of those where they knew they’d been in a game as they came off the pitch.”"

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom