• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelski v Toon

A

Anonymous

3-0..Lampard from the spot..
HOW WAS THAT A PENALTY..?there was no contact at all between O'brien and Mutu?!:S...wierd..

lodi

no help from pool or newcastle today..would have been nice if they got a draw but were still numero uno no matter what:)

sienna

Practically game over for Newcastle unless they can do a Wolves which is highly unlikely.

Stim

Oh good (sigh). I thought Newcastle would be one of the teams that would actually have a chance of beating them. What has happened to them?

jc8gooner

Who think Mutu dived for the penalty? I do. As soon as the ball went too far and he got in the area, he went over.

A

Anonymous

there was no doubt it was a dive from Mutu..and that too it wasn't even in the area..how was that a penalty

Kyla

5 past Newcastle. That's damn scary. What more can you expect from a club that's been pumped with over £100 mill. I am extemely worried now. I just can't see where they will slip up (don't nobody say us ;) ) I can honestly see them winning the league. This time last year they would have slipped up against the lesser sides. But now they are able to churn out wins and beat potential top 3-4 candidates(N'castle) with stylishly embarrasing ease. At least they can boast 4 strikers and 3 midfielders who can bag 15+ goals. Can hardly say the same for us!

A

Anonymous

to be really fair..Newcastle didn't have Shearer or Bellamy..and they had a few chances when it was 1-0 which they didn't take..and once it was 3-0..it was only going to be one winner after the sending off.So i wouldn't really be too flattered with that result really..

JazzG

Established Member
Kyla said:
5 past Newcastle. That's damn scary. What more can you expect from a club that's been pumped with over £100 mill. I am extemely worried now. I just can't see where they will slip up (don't nobody say us ;) ) I can honestly see them winning the league. This time last year they would have slipped up against the lesser sides. But now they are able to churn out wins and beat potential top 3-4 candidates(N'castle) with stylishly embarrasing ease. At least they can boast 4 strikers and 3 midfielders who can bag 15+ goals. Can hardly say the same for us!

The only thing that worries me is that other teams are scared of chelski. You think when they come up against us we will be scared? We fear NO ONE in this league, if other teams took this attidude they would do a whole lot better.

Lets look at the game between us and chelski at highbury. Capital gold said the first half was even and in the 2nd half chelski took a battering. They were lucky we didn't put 3 or 4 more past them. When we turned it on they had no answers, they lost their shape and it took many great save by cudicini to keep them in it. We did this by far our most important player in Vieira, Henry was poor , Pires was poor. If those 3 had all played and performed we would of trully whooped them. That match said a lot about us because even with our players in poor form chelski didn't cope too well.....

Chelski dominated the toon because the toon didn't believe they could keep up. You think man utd will roll over for them as well? Hell even Leicester gave chelski a run for their money, the reason they did was because they showed they had a set of balls and weren't gonna roll over and die.

The advantage they have is whenever a player is injured they have someone to replace him, they have a much stronger squad than anyone else. If we get loads of injuries we could really have to dig deeper than ever before to get a result......

Newcastle have a habit of rolling over too easily, last season we gave them a footballing lesson at Highbury, even though we only won 1-0 even Bobby robson said they got off very lightly. Remember man utd handing them whoopings home AND away last season as well? At St James park man utd outplayed newcastle this season as well. They choke against the big teams, their players are probably too young to handle the big occasion and they have no real good defensive midfielder.....

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Chelsea looked irresistable today....Its hard even trying to argue that. Lampard's looking more of a world-class player with each game. Duff, Mutu and Bridge also looked very impressive today. If we're going to talk about teams who rely on one player too much then I think its fair to say that Newcastle are a pale shadow of their usual selves without Alan Shearer. They simply have no self-belief when without their talisman. Chelsea will destroy you if you let them play. Jazz was right when he said that Chelsea look vulnerable when attacked. Leicester were very close to shocking them even though they played the game with 10 men for a while. We were alll over them in the second half at Highbury but you could argue that we beat them with two very fortunate goals but the truth is they haven't always looked as good as they did today. Everton gave them one helluva game a few weeks ago and if truth be told Everton should and could have scored 3 or 4 but ended up with nothing. The worrying thing is that even when their being outplayed and being put under immense pressure Chelsea somehow manage to pull off a result. They've won some away games this season, which they would have slipped up in years gone by. At home Chelsea look supreme but its away that their for the taking in my opinion. At the moment things are going very well for Chelsea but the acid test will come when they don't win for a few games.

sienna

Well they'll be meeting Manure in 3 weeks time so we'll judge for ourselves how they'll handle it.

Kyla

The whole thing with Chelsea really just irks me. I think it is a case of sour grapes on my part to be honest. When you consider how long it has taken Wenger to build a team to rival Utd's and now Chelsea come along and do it in a matter of ONE month, with a greater chance than either of us to win it, then it is bloody annoying. Of course in reality, our sitaution is quite remarkable. Irrespective of whether Chelsea are gelling or not, it is still a case of David v Goliath. Wherever we end up come May, I'll keep telling myself that. Jus to make it a lil' better ;)

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom