• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Celta Vigo | 10/3/04

thierrys_girl

Established Member
great preview as always gooner :)

my line up

lehmann

cole toure campbell lauren

pires edu vieira ljungberg

henry bergie

i expect edu to get infront of gilberto because he has earnt his place in the team and i expect another great performance from him.

Good Luck boys :)

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I am very confident that the Arsenal will comfortably advance to the next stages of the Champions League. Celta Vigo wont trouble our defence, as i said somewhere else, it was just a bad game, and we dont play many bad games in defence. I expect Arsenal to win the game 3 - 0.

Goal scorers:

Henry 2
Pires 1

COME ON CELTA VIGO.....PROVE ME WRONG!

Aussie

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
I am very confident that the Arsenal will comfortably advance to the next stages of the Champions League. Celta Vigo wont trouble our defence, as i said somewhere else, it was just a bad game, and we dont play many bad games in defence. I expect Arsenal to win the game 3 - 0.

Goal scorers:

Henry 2
Pires 1

COME ON CELTA VIGO.....PROVE ME WRONG!

Auctually dont proove him wrong get belted 5-0

Anders Limpar

Give Silly all the best from me...

...it will be an awesome game and I'm sure Wenger is tempted to play Edu in the centre but Gilberto is the obvious choice imo. It feels so good that Edu has finally made the last step into a great player!!

Freddie looks as sharp as ever, another goal please!

Pires hopefully benefits from the rest and I count on him to explode on the left wing...

Bergkamp will certainly do so, you can see how much he enjoys playing in the CL and he is my firm favourite to the Player of the game award...

Vieira looks increasingly impressive, what a captain he turned out to be...

And I hope the defensive line will make another solid performance, no mistakes at set pieces this time guys!!

I'm sure the together-boys will make us so proud on Wedensday night!!!

Come on you Reds!!

Senght

Nice piece by gooner.

I will assume that Edu would be rested as Gil is needed for a defensive game. Bergie will replace a resting Reyes as that is what he is rested for i guess. Pires will be back at left and freddie will be at left.

My lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Viera Pires

Bergie Titi

A counter attacking game will kill them off i guess :D Wengerball will be back.

2-0 to the Gunners.

Henry Pires

Adam

Established Member
At Highbury, in the Champions League - anything is possible.

It will be a tough game, but they have to attack. That is the positive as it is an unnatural game for them.

kNiteMare

Bergy will starts definitly with Henry, otherwise there is no reason for resting him on Saturday now is there?

And i agree with lewdikris formation... Wenger will use that on Wednesday.

gooner

I really hope we draw manchester united in the FA cup today as I would rather meet them in the semis than in the finals as I have explained before.

bobbypires

Established Member
Spanish newspaper Marca says today that Antic will rest some players for Wednesday's match because they have to concentrate on the league.

Mark

Established Member
bobbypires said:
Spanish newspaper Marca says today that Antic will rest some players for Wednesday's match because they have to concentrate on the league.

That would be nice, maybe we could rest a few too. Looking at the amount of games we have coming up...

Stim

Early goal for us will almost end the contest, one thing we cannot do is let them score an away goal, it just creates so much mess and is not really needed for our nerves.

Bergkamp to start, Edu in the centre and Pires on the left. Simple.

AFCG7

Established Member
Yes.. we need to score first , to settle our nerves and to keep them on the back foot.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
do you realize that only 3 teams are carrying leads to their home legs?

Arsenal 3 - 2 Celta
Lyon 1 - 0 Real Sociedad
Chelsea 1 - 0 Stuttgart

everyone else has drawn or lost their away leg..... interesting....

Webdesignlab

Established Member
USArsenal said:
do you realize that only 3 teams are carrying leads to their home legs?

Arsenal 3 - 2 Celta
Lyon 1 - 0 Real Sociedad
Chelsea 1 - 0 Stuttgart

everyone else has drawn or lost their away leg..... interesting....

Yes true, but Chelski were very lucky, they will go out in the QF no doubt. Maybe to us if all goes well.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
your assuming they beat Stuttgart at home (not a certainty by any means)... as i said prior, realistically, we could end up being the only English side in the Qtrs. (assuming we dont completely collapse against Celta)

patrick42uk

Established Member
the fact that the first leg resul;t means we are under less pressure to score is good. therefore the nerves that usually characterises our european home games, affecting the performance, might not be there and we could therefore see the best of arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom