• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Kiev | 25/11/08

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs FC Dynamo Kyiv, Tuesday Nov 25th 7:45 GMT

General said:
In a game like this where there were no outstanding performers and limited options, i find it a little strange that people can still fault him.

I'm not his biggest fan but he did well. Work rate was ok and link up play was good.

Denilson > Song. I'm afraid.

I think Ramsey is overrated to be frank. Jack showed more in the few minutes he came on.

I would say Cesc put in an outstanding performance.

General

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
General said:
In a game like this where there were no outstanding performers and limited options, i find it a little strange that people can still fault him.

I'm not his biggest fan but he did well. Work rate was ok and link up play was good.

I think Ramsey is overrated to be frank. Jack showed more in the few minutes he came on.

Of course you would. :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member

Captain's right. Denislon did ok. He's getting stick at the moment but the only person to blame is Wenger for giving him responsibility he is not ready for.

Jack Wilshere looked tasty. He looks a really inventive player, playing short crisp accurate passing. Our first team lacks players with his qualities. There was a rumour going round that Merida might start and I was hopeful that was true. We are lacking creative ball players on the wings at the moment and I would not mind Merida and Wilshere seeing more time. Notice how many times Cesc picked the ball off Jack. This is no fluke when you get a wide player that can come deep to pick up the ball and play forward passes with confidence, it allows Cesc to look for space in the middle third to create havoc.

If the injury situation stays as it is, it wouldnt surprise me to see Jack start this weekend.

GaelForce22

Established Member

True Gooner said:
People expected Denilson to have a stinker the moment they saw him at LM. I think the ones that are slating Denilson already have him down as s***e irrespective of what he actually does on the pitch.

Huh? He's played really well once on the wing this season (away at Bolton) but was awful today. Constantly pushed off the ball and offered very little in attack.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

General said:
SimplyFabregas said:
General said:

Of course you would. :wink:

I know it pains you to give El Capitan Cesc any credit, but the guy ran the show tonight, and barely put a foot wrong, stepped up when the team needed him at the end with Bendtner to win us the game.

But of course i'm sure you have your reasons. :roll:

dutchMasta

SimplyFabregas said:
I know it pains you to give El Capitan Cesc any credit, but the guy ran the show tonight, and barely put a foot wrong, stepped up when the team needed him at the end with Bendtner to win us the game.

But of course i'm sure you have your reasons. :roll:
I think it pains you even more when someone doesn't give credit to your infatuation that is Cesc. He did play well tonight though, best player on the pitch for me.

JGooner

Just got back. Ramsey was better than some are suggesting. Cesc was class.

RvP stunk the place out. He never makes runs off the ball and his game-sense is so bad that he makes others look stupid.

Lukazan

Established Member

Poor performance but a great result.

Almunia made a match winning save (apparently he never makes those..) so deserves alot of praise for that. Cesc still isn't anywhere near his best but still manages to create things which the team could not do without him on Saturday. Bendtner's take and finish was classy.

Song, Denilson, Ramsey and Vela were all very poor tonight, especially Vela although I see he's getting some ridiculously high ratings in the ratings thread but I'd expect nothing less from this place.

Oh and RVP and particularly Denilson are both a joke as far as staying on their feet is concerned. Deary me.

ricky1985

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Captain's right. Denislon did ok. He's getting stick at the moment but the only person to blame is Wenger for giving him responsibility he is not ready for.

Denilson may have had this resposnibility thrust upon him, but he is still painfully average and severely damaging our team whenever he plays. No one has an agenda against him, its not personal. He seems like a nice kid, and is a hard worker. However Like any player who isnt playing well or producing for the team he is getting criticised. He was utter crap tonight. He didnt do anything productive.
He should not be in our team, and whatever the reason for him being there, is irrelevant. If he plays **** he gets criticised, if he plays well he gets praised. Simple.

Feanor

Established Member

I can understand people giving a lot of our players **** but the Fabregas criticism is just mind boggling. The kid carried this freaking team on his back this past season. Was awesome for Spain, didn't have a single minute of rest last year, got injured (surprise), has been a little off at the beginning due(btw, still one of the better players on a poor team) to his injury so it's ok to slag him? What gives? I'll never understand some fans.

ricky1985

Established Member

Lukazan said:
Poor performance but a great result.

Almunia made a match winning save (apparently he never makes those..) so deserves alot of praise for that. Cesc still isn't anywhere near his best but still manages to create things which the team could not do without him on Saturday. Bendtner's take and finish was classy.

Song, Denilson, Ramsey and Vela were all very poor tonight, especially Vela although I see he's getting some ridiculously high ratings in the ratings thread but I'd expect nothing less from this place.

Oh and RVP and particularly Denilson are both a joke as far as staying on their feet is concerned. Deary me.

Do me a favour.

He went up in my estimation tonight, because of how he reacted after he made the save. Shouting and bollocking his defenders.

The save itself was nothing spectacular, and it was about the only thing he had to do all night. He came out well and made a good save. It doesnt change the fact that he cant command his area. It doesnt change the fact he cant make the sort of saves only world class keepers can make. It doesnt change the fact he usually crumbles under pressure.

He is a good keeper, but not a top keeper. Tonight doesnt change that fact.

Lukazan

Established Member

Answer me this: If Almunia hadn't of saved that would we have won the game? The answer is simply no. It was a guilt-edged chance and Almunia stopped what looked like a certain goal. It's a match winning save. The fact Almunia had nothing to do all game, as you said yourself, only makes it a better save.

Anyways, where did I say it made Almunia a top goalkeeper? Yeah, right, I didn't. I simply said it was a match winning save (which it was), that people say he doesn't make those (true again) and that he deserves praise (which he does).

So do yourself a favour.

qs

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Captain said:
Denilson played well and was no worse then Nasri has been on the left wing.

Vela was also pretty decent.

I thought Denilson ranged from poor on some things, to average on other aspects of his game.

He should never be picked to play anywhere except centre mdifeld. Not defensive midfield. Not left midfield, right midfield or any other kind of midfield. Centre midfield and thats it.

He's actually not too bad on the right. ALot better than he is on the left anyway. Mainly because his delivery is good off his right boot. HE's not a defensive mid either. And he's over used for his current level of development. Theo is in the same boat. You look at United and how they protect Anderson and Nani, thats how we should be using Theo and Denilson. Not throwing them in at the deep end in the hopes they turn into a Cesc type character.

Feanor

Established Member

Guys, Almunia is not our problem. He's not the best but he's not that bad, he's a solid keeper nothing spectacular. On the list of things that need to be fixed on this team, Big Al is not top of the heap, sorry.

ricky1985

Established Member

One of the main criticisms Almunia's detractors level at him is that he cant make top drawer saves, the kind Casillas, Buffon and so on make. You are claiming that to be a false stament based on his save tonight, which is rubbish because it was a routine save, made at a crucial time.

Yes it was a match winning save in the sense that if they had scored there we almost certainly wouldnt have won tonight. But are you honestly trying to tell me that virtually every keeper in the Premiership wouldnt save that shot 99 times out of 100?

Lukazan

Established Member

It was a match winning save. That is all there is to it.

lagos

Established Member

Feanor said:
Guys, Almunia is not our problem. He's not the best but he's not that bad, he's a solid keeper nothing spectacular. On the list of things that need to be fixed on this team, Big Al is not top of the heap, sorry.

I endorse that view

ricky1985

Established Member

Feanor said:

I agree entirely. All I was taking issue with was the claim that he made a top save tonight. Because he didnt, it was decent save, not the kind that Almunia's critics say he cant make.

I mistakenly thought Lukazan was implying that he had somehow proved he was top keeper on the back of that save.

I aplologise for misunderstanding on that aspect Luk.

Lukazan

Established Member

What I liked about Wilshere's cameo tonight is that he made his presence known. He offered us something right away and I also liked the way he kept the ball at the right time but also released it at the right time too.

Too many of our players dwell and hang on to the ball for far too long when the chance is there to break.

Little bits here and there outside the CC for Wilshere is the way to go I reckon. He's not ready to start in my opinion but can be effective off the bench.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I don't feel like speculating in how much that save could mean to our season (can anyone imagine what would have happened with the morale in the team if we'd lost this one? I don't even wanna think about it), but it was a great piece of goalkeeping. Almunia saves those kind of balls a lot, he's that kind of keeper. He ****ed up bad twice this season - once against Sp**s and once against Stoke. Other than that he's been solid and one of our best performers. Which admittedly doesn't say much given how the season has looked, but still. He's saved us in a lot of crucial moments. West Ham and Fenerbahce are other games that springs to mind.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom