• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Quarter Final Draw: Arsenal v Bayern

screenshot-2024-03-15-100742-png.22477

1710370038936.png

Who do we want? I’m praying @Rex Stone boys Atleti preoccupy themselves with Man City. We don’t want any business with them but I’ll be honest XL Bully Mik vs XL Bully Diego would definitely be a tasty affair 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If we had to go to a penalty shootout again for example. How would you list our penalty takers?

Let’s assume we need to take 10 penalties to win it.
Hoping for Raya magic.

Saka
Havertz
Rice
Jesus
Ode
Interesting question.

Given that I only missed Ode shooting first and the rest of the group was correct, if we end up with the same squad after 120 minutes, my order would be
  1. Ode
  2. Jesus
  3. Havertz
  4. Rice
  5. Saka
The reason I moved Jesus from final delivery, is that you cannot trust him with dealing with the pressure of having the final shot, while Saka definitely has the ability to deal with it.

For the next penos, I am looking more into the players who are more technical and that are accurate shooters. Raya included because I believe he would strike it just fine.

1. Zinchenko
  2. Nketiah
  3. Gabriel
  4. Raya
  5. White
  6. Saliba

The reason I placed Saliba as the very last is due to the way he often kicks the ball forward, i.e. with his inner side boot. Imo it would be easier for the opposing keeper to spot the direction as by shooting that way you cannot risk to shoot for corners, but more into the inner right side of the goal.

Another thing to consider is that against Porto, we were on the risk of getting hit on last minute as Porto had not given up completely to await penalties, so I believe that played a part in Arteta's head, because I do believe that Arteta would definitely be looking to bring Fabio Vieira (replacing White) in as he has a great shot and is a very good penalty taker.

Same would be applied if Jorginho was not the starter, he would be definitely coming on late with his penalty taking experience in mind.

HattoriHanzo

Out of remaining 8 clubs, only Arsenal, Atletico and PSG have never won CL.
Atletico has played 2 finals in last 10 years (2014, 2016) and has won Europa League in 2012 and 2018.
Therefore, weakest european pedigree has PSG and Arsenal.
PSG has Mbappe.

If anything, 2 matches against Porto showed us that we must not be overconfident.
All clubs in QF are very good and could cause us a lot of problems.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Want Barca but I think we will draw Bayern the whole Harry Kane arc is too much for fate to ignore.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's at this stage now whoever you drew against gonna be difficult I just want to avoid Real Madrid and Man city don't mind the other's

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm hoping for Barca, elite club in stature but not at their footballing peak, plus our history with them.

We'd do them I think.

I would want to avoid Atletico for ****housery reason and Man City as we've got enough business with them domestically at the moment.

Stacked draw though. Should be a lot of fun whoever we get.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Likely we go in as slight underdogs with the bookies. That might help calm the nerves a bit as expectations are lower, and as long as its not Athletici, its likely our opponent will attempt to go toe to toe, which i think is beneficial.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Interesting question.

Given that I only missed Ode shooting first and the rest of the group was correct, if we end up with the same squad after 120 minutes, my order would be
  1. Ode
  2. Jesus
  3. Havertz
  4. Rice
  5. Saka
The reason I moved Jesus from final delivery, is that you cannot trust him with dealing with the pressure of having the final shot, while Saka definitely has the ability to deal with it.

For the next penos, I am looking more into the players who are more technical and that are accurate shooters. Raya included because I believe he would strike it just fine.

1. Zinchenko
  2. Nketiah
  3. Gabriel
  4. Raya
  5. White
  6. Saliba

The reason I placed Saliba as the very last is due to the way he often kicks the ball forward, i.e. with his inner side boot. Imo it would be easier for the opposing keeper to spot the direction as by shooting that way you cannot risk to shoot for corners, but more into the inner right side of the goal.

Another thing to consider is that against Porto, we were on the risk of getting hit on last minute as Porto had not given up completely to await penalties, so I believe that played a part in Arteta's head, because I do believe that Arteta would definitely be looking to bring Fabio Vieira (replacing White) in as he has a great shot and is a very good penalty taker.

Same would be applied if Jorginho was not the starter, he would be definitely coming on late with his penalty taking experience in mind.
I had the same 5 before yesterday's shootout as well.

While I agree Jesus can't handle last pen, I feel even Saka would be bad with it. Even though Saka is scoring for us, his pens are a level below Ødegaard and havertz's pens. Also with saka's history (euros and last season west ham) I don't feel confident about him as well.

But anyway generally I feel best takers should take as soon as possible and shouldn't try to think too much about 5th. In some cases like yesterday, 5th wasn't even needed. And I remember CR7 funnily wanted to be 5th for Portugal so he can have the glory pen but they lost even before it came to that 😅

So my order would be
Ødegaard
Havertz
Saka
Rice
Jesus

Rest of the 5 really depends on who is on the pitch or available to be subbed on
Jorginho (he'll be 5th ahead of
Vieira
Zinchenko
Gabriel
Raya (agree with your reasoning)

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Will change after the draw obv but this is interesting:
GIlnK-Ra8AA00dy

The analytics community still love this team even after a poor showing against Porto
The models are giving us slightly better odds to win the CL than PL ffs.

Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

GIlnK-Ra8AA00dy

The analytics community still love this team even after a poor showing against Porto

The data geeks put too much weight into statistics in knock out football. We should be last on this list imo.

• Wow
Reactions: A_G

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
GIlnK-Ra8AA00dy

Is this from 538 again

How on earth do we have higher odds than Madrid lol. City 35% is a joke too, 3rd place in a third rate league yet favourites for a title defence

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ahead of Dortmund for sure but not sure I'd have us ahead of anyone else. Our European record is pound for pound the worst in the top leagues

Dortmund have more pedigree at this stage of the competition than we do and I honestly think it matters. Look how long it took City to break that glass ceiling in the CL despite clearly being the best team over past few seasons.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom