• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Constructive criticism

GunneDown

I know that sounds very difficult in the current situation. but I feel there is far to many people on here slating players all the time.

Dennis Bergkamp: Why is everyone saying he was a was of time and didn't deserve a new contract? on last years form he certainly did and I remember Highbury signing for ages! One more Year! I think that Dennis is worth his money off the pitch just as much as on it. He is the Guy that will help all our young players through. Especially RVP, he needs a father figure at the moment. He was also our lifeline on Wednesday!

Manual Almunia: I know this guy had a very hard start to his Arsenal Career but I think that is well behind him and after Wednesday a very sound game. No mistakes and a couple of very good saves!

Robert Pires: This guy has been amazing since he arrived at the club, not taken the league by storm yet but I seem to remember him have a few tough patches before and coming though with flying colour!

I just can't stand it when players have a bad game or a few in some cases, that they get slatted and treated like sh$t by people that probably can't even walk, let alone go to a game!

Just because players have bad patches people shouldn't go round say AW should have sold them! or saying there rubbish all the time. I really want to see posts where there is Constructive criticism. I know that's a big word for some of you guys. but I am sure you can look on the net to get the understanding......

anyway... I have work to do!

Ratinho

Established Member
Don't use reason mate. It's not gonna stop some on here going totally over the top everytime we lose/play poorly.

It's a crisis everytime remember. :wink:

Infact, some will tell you, we're in crisis right now.

Feanor

Established Member
We are in crisis right now! Fire the gaffer, sell all the players and play 8-1-1 like all the other teams, that's the only we are going to win the league. I have seen the future, listen to me!...

:D

kel varnsen

Established Member
GunneDown said:
I know that sounds very difficult in the current situation. but I feel there is far to many people on here slating players all the time.

Dennis Bergkamp: Why is everyone saying he was a was of time and didn't deserve a new contract? on last years form he certainly did and I remember Highbury signing for ages! One more Year! I think that Dennis is worth his money off the pitch just as much as on it. He is the Guy that will help all our young players through. Especially RVP, he needs a father figure at the moment. He was also our lifeline on Wednesday!

Manual Almunia: I know this guy had a very hard start to his Arsenal Career but I think that is well behind him and after Wednesday a very sound game. No mistakes and a couple of very good saves!

Robert Pires: This guy has been amazing since he arrived at the club, not taken the league by storm yet but I seem to remember him have a few tough patches before and coming though with flying colour!

I just can't stand it when players have a bad game or a few in some cases, that they get slatted and treated like sh$t by people that probably can't even walk, let alone go to a game!

Just because players have bad patches people shouldn't go round say AW should have sold them! or saying there rubbish all the time. I really want to see posts where there is Constructive criticism. I know that's a big word for some of you guys. but I am sure you can look on the net to get the understanding......

1.bergkamp is past it and it is a disgrace he is prefered to van persie most of the time.

2.almunia a decent goalie, but lacks confidence and presence.

3.pires has been sh*te for nearly two years now. how much longer are we suposed to wait before he is back to his best again...?

4.who cares what the players have done in the past. this is a professional football club. nostalgia has no place here...

whoztheman

kel varnsen said:
GunneDown said:

1.bergkamp is past it and it is a disgrace he is prefered to van persie most of the time.

2.almunia a decent goalie, but lacks confidence and presence.

3.pires has been sh*te for nearly two years now. how much longer are we suposed to wait before he is back to his best again...?

4.who cares what the players have done in the past. this is a professional football club. nostalgia has no place here...

you dont seem to mind being patient with reyes.

kel varnsen

Established Member
well, first of all i think he has done quite well here. a bit inconsistant, but still far, far better than both pires and bergkamp. secondly, reyes is young and finally, reyes has, imo, the potential to become one of the 3-4 best players in the world....

Ratinho

Established Member
Being patient with a young player who is playing well, and was playing brilliantly last season till his life fell apart around him, is a bit different for waiting for something we've already had from Bergkamp and Pires, and Almunia is juist averagefull stop tbh.

Bergkamp and Pires have been legendary for us. Where's the shame in the running down their final season as rotation players?

A

Anonymous

Bergkamp deserved his one year contract.
People chanted it from the terraces during the famous 7-0

He's earnt it, lay off him. I dislike his obstruction of Van Persie.
But Van Persie will get his slot this season.

Pires, looks extremely tired, and unless he does his own bergkamp redeemer.. he can leave. He's done well for Arsenal, but time is calling for a new dedicated left winger.

Almunia, never had.. and unless he suddenly becomes the next Seaman, I probably won't ever.. because he looks so beatable, and basically I fear for Arsenal every time they lose the ball with him in goal.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Pires has been past it for the past two years????How many goals did he get us last year and the year before. Don't be selective in your evaluation. You claim Bergy is out of it cos of the returns we get from him in terms of goals..yet you discount the number of goals Pires has scored.

For most who can't get deeper into analyzing the total game, strikers/midfielders will be judged by the goals they score. How does that make Pires' ****ty? He was 3rd last year ffs. What do you want?

And he does a very good job protetcting Ashley. Its not about the tackle(that weak attemp ot his to tackle has been present from day one)..but just look at how he positions himself when we don't have the ball. Well you probaly won't notice that cos your eyes are always focused on the BALL.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Pires has been past it for the past two years????How many goals did he get us last year and the year before. Don't be selective in your evaluation. You claim Bergy is out of it cos of the returns we get from him in terms of goals..yet you discount the number of goals Pires has scored.

For most who can't get deeper into analyzing the total game, strikers/midfielders will be judged by the goals they score. How does that make Pires' ****ty? He was 3rd last year ffs. What do you want?

And he does a very good job protetcting Ashley. Its not about the tackle(that weak attemp ot his to tackle has been present from day one)..but just look at how he positions himself when we don't have the ball. Well you probaly won't notice that cos your eyes are always focused on the BALL.

no one is questioning pires' positioning, footballing intelligence or finishing. the problem is he has no drive whatsoever these days. 9 out 10 times when he has the ball, he stops and sends the ball back to cole or in to cesc/gilberto. he doesn't even try nowadays.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Agree with Kel.

RVP should start ahead of Bergkamp.

Reyes has the potential to be the best of the best....as evidenced tonight and if we were not patient with him then what is the point of buying young talent.

For all the admiration I have for Robert Pires past acheivements, he has no place in the starting line up. He should be brought on as a sub or sold if he thinks he deserves better. Hleb, Reyes and RVP are the way forward for this club....along with a solid defence

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
no one is questioning pires' positioning, footballing intelligence or finishing. the problem is he has no drive whatsoever these days. 9 out 10 times when he has the ball, he stops and sends the ball back to cole or in to cesc/gilberto. he doesn't even try nowadays.

You are right..he doesn't try to beat players like before but do you see how well he plays guys like cole/cesc who run in. Just do me a favour and watch the passes he makes..those precise passes for the onrushing cole,reyes...

You have to be able to see that part of his game..where even though he doesn't beat his marker anymore but he makes the whole left side still click very well. Do you at least give him credit for that?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don't give up on him just yet he started slowly in our unbeaten season and same with last season . I would like to know the opinion of the board concerning whether being excluded from the French side has affected him.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I think he was prematurely dropped from the French side and that has affected his confidence to the point where his form at the moment wouldnt get him into the team now.

He should not be starting games for Arsenal on the basis that he can deliver a killer pass every now and then...neither should Bergkamp for that matter.

Both should be brought on as subsitutes and the reins should be handed over to Reyes, RVP, Hleb and off course Henry.

A

Anonymous

I actually believe Pires and Bergkamp should start in the first half.. and tire some punks out. While still having 45mins to do something constructive and worthy of their individual talents, before bringing on newer legs and newer ideas in the 2nd half.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think the other way round, I think better to have Reyes and van Persie out there and roasting teams, then we can bring Bergkamp and Pires on if things aren't going so well, knowing that they can make a difference against tired defenders.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom