• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenio Venger

Sky Sports News are such banter merchants - saying that Ceballos is signing for Arsenal because he'll get more first team football here than at Sp**s. I'm sure he's definitely worried that he won't be able to break in ahead of Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko :lol:

I've also just heard them call Seb Haller an 'elite level striker'.. :rofl:

Gonna be funny when Erisken leaves

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let's not forget that Sissoko was their player of the season (or had a strong case for it), and that's probably who Ndombele is coming to replace.

He won't change much for them, Sissoko was already an absolute beast in the middle of the park, Ndombele just has a little more finesse but still won't be pulling strings. I hope I haven't jinxed it.

In a well functioning team, no single individual player should be the catalyst for all their endeavours. I think we've gone wrong at Arsenal precisely by focusing on star players and what they can do in possession, and where Barca keep going wrong in the CL. Ndombele will make Sp**s harder to beat.

For a decade Liverpool had Gerrard as their captain marvel and lynchpin, supported by other world class midfielders like Alonso and Mascherano. However their defence and GK were a pile of ****.

They are a much better team all round because they have a solid base that allows their flair players to shine. That's always been Pochettino's approach too.

Point being that it doesn't really matter whether or not Ndombele is player of the season, as long as he excels at the job he's supposed to do.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In a well functioning team, no single individual player should be the catalyst for all their endeavours. I think we've gone wrong at Arsenal precisely by focusing on star players and what they can do in possession, and where Barca keep going wrong in the CL. Ndombele will make Sp**s harder to beat.

For a decade Liverpool had Gerrard as their captain marvel and lynchpin, supported by other world class midfielders like Alonso and Mascherano. However their defence and GK were a pile of ****.

They are a much better team all round because they have a solid base that allows their flair players to shine. That's always been Pochettino's approach too.

Point being that it doesn't really matter whether or not Ndombele is player of the season, as long as he excels at the job he's supposed to do.
Completely agree but surely there’s diminishing returns at some point.?

I guess Sp**s are at a stage where they can go for incremental upgrades now (especially as Ndombele is a lot younger than Sissoko). My point being that it’s just that, an incremental upgrade.

He’s not coming in to fix a huge weakness of theirs and so I think there’s no need for us to panic.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Completely agree but surely there’s diminishing returns at some point.?

I guess Sp**s are at a stage where they can go for incremental upgrades now (especially as Ndombele is a lot younger than Sissoko). My point being that it’s just that, an incremental upgrade.

He’s not coming in to fix a huge weakness of theirs and so I think there’s no need for us to panic.

I asked before who Ndombele is meant to replace in Sp**s first 11, don't think anyone replied. The reason I asked is, depending on who he replaces it will either be a huge improvement or a slight improvement. If it is Sissoke that would be great. People still have this idea that Sissoke is a really bad player or at most average. He was atrocious in his first season at Sp**s but last season he was immense, a real powerhouse in middle of the park. So if they bench Sissoke, even if Ndombele has a great season I can't see how they will improve the team drastically.

Unfortunately I think Ndombele will take Winks spot in the team. I'm not sure Winks is a regular starter but I have seen Sp**s line up a few times with Winks and Sissoke.

If that is the case he is a huge improvement on Winks.

Shahin Tadjalli

James stole it from these guys.

Lets be honest to ourselves, is Real gonna let a young Spanish player leave ENTIRELY, with no dodgy buy back clause ? The board knows how Real act and I guessed they weren't having the fuss it causes to deal with them.

Loan him, hope they get some shiny new toys and hope they forget about him. The more I look at it the less I see a disgrace in accepting a loan such as this one, making us a literal feeder club if he has a good season, leaves and walks straight into their XI. We could actually outsmart Real on this one.

Axel_Gunner

my only priority is to see us back in CL footbal so i dont care if he plays a great season and leaves.

i just hope we are in a better position afterwards and can find a good replacement then.

Alkane

Even with no option it’s not too bad. Unless he has an absolute world class season I still think they’ll want a big name signing like Pogba come next summer, and we’d probably be able to do a deal. If the former does happen we’ve received a quality player for free that’s helped us (hopefully) get back into the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom